Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2013, 11:42 AM

4,317 posts, read 4,206,586 times

Advertisements

Nothing in this story is normal. Including behaviors within a family, and family friends. Uncle Jim, with a past like that, would have been too close for comfort to most families.

I'll raise a few things:

1- A DNA Test Kit was found in Mother's car. Obviously it wasn't for the mother. It was for DiMaggio. So was D being tested for Hannah or the boy?

2- D was also losing his home, which means he couldn't pay the mortgage.

3- Why was the boy murdered?

4- Why was the mother murdered?

I do not believe that this killer murdered them for no reason.

As appealing as it seems, Hannah may not be what this story is really about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 02:32 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post
Todays youth know exactly where the line is in terms of the legal definition of a minor. They also know that society allows them miles of legal freedom as a minor.
You don't know what people know or what are their circumstances. We don't know all the facts yet(and we might never know) but it is quite obvious at least the mother put her daughter in danger by allowing her to go on trips with a 40 year old man. Not all families in America are responsible, some are really messed up and even allow their kids to be abused.

Many women are willing to allow their daughters to be abused just to keep a man, they usually live in denial and tell themselves nothing is going on or their daughters are lying. I have heard many cases where the kids get blamed, I even know a girl who was institutionalized because they claimed she was crazy for saying her new stepfather was making sexual advances. No one in her family believed her. Another I know was sexually abused by her own father, She told her mother and the mother didn't believe her and nothing was done about it. When the kids cannot trust their parents they usually take the abuse because foster Care is no picnic either.

Just because some of us were lucky to have a good families or got the support needed to stop the abuse, it doesn't mean everybody is. Some kids have no one and on top of that, they are kids, not mature enough to make rational decisions. There is a reason why predators go after children, because they are easily manipulated. The laws of consentual sex were not created because someone thought it was cool, they were created because kids are still kids.

Everybody here who is so judgmental, how come you all attack the minor and not the adults in this story?

Last edited by Sugah Ray; 08-18-2013 at 03:04 PM..

Old 08-18-2013, 02:48 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Police have numerous times taken a hard stance on closing an investigation, only to turn around and reopen it again due to pressure from the media, government, family, friends, ect.

Not saying there is anything more to this case, but just because the police make a statement like this does not mean it is set in stone.
Maybe not but it is 1000 times more likely that the case is actually closed than some of the other suggestions here like how the 16 year old is a psychopath and was involved in the whole thing.

Old 08-18-2013, 02:59 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
Nothing in this story is normal. Including behaviors within a family, and family friends. Uncle Jim, with a past like that, would have been too close for comfort to most families.

I'll raise a few things:

1- A DNA Test Kit was found in Mother's car. Obviously it wasn't for the mother. It was for DiMaggio. So was D being tested for Hannah or the boy?

Could be, maybe the plan was to kill Hannah too but he changed his mind at the last minute. Maybe his plan was to kill them in the camping trip but got angry and killed them in his own home. Maybe he just got angry and killed them without premeditation. Maybe he was on drugs or very drunk. Many possibilities here. Without reading the police reports and listening to Hanna's police testimony it's very hard to figure out the events. We can speculate until we turn blue and probably not get half of the story right because we don't have those facts.

Old 08-18-2013, 03:00 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,243,693 times
Smile Some questions.....

(1) It was reported the father moved to Tennessee to take a job. They were not divorced but was that ongoing?
(2) Did Christina Anderson work? It's hard to tell but did the family live in an apartment week to week and were they dependent on "Uncle Jim"? Did the father know that?
(3) In the 2011 picture of the picture, Christina's family and Uncle Jim, where is the father?
(4) It was reported that Uncle Jim had a job - how was he able to pick up both children from practices and stay there the whole time instead of working?
(5) Did the father (Brett) stay in contact with his best friend and check in regularly?
(6) Sounds like the mom (Christina) may have had a prior relationship with Uncle Jim???? Could this by why Hannah didn't want to tell her mom? (She should have called her dad).

Personally, I'm very thankful Hannah was found and Uncle Jim was killed but it does like a lot of unanswered questions. Where was her mom when she was going out? At 15? Little young IMO.

I feel very sorry and sad for all the relatives, Hannah's dad and Hannah herself. I'm sure she has not processed all this; she is very young and cannot realize the consequence of her actions.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:13 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times
Not going to read all the posts since latest news reported Police going thru some of his things found TWO USED Condoms.

The guy was obsessed with her and they did share a small tent together during the week.....banging her comes to mind.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Not going to read all the posts since latest news reported Police going thru some of his things found TWO USED Condoms.

The guy was obsessed with her and they did share a small tent together during the week.....banging her comes to mind.
I believe condoms were found at his home, not his tent.

Evidently, Christina (Hannah's mother) had a Paternity Test kit found in her car. Obviously she wanted to test DiMaggio if he was the father of Boy, or Hannah herself. If so, DiMaggio was sharing a tent with his biological daughter, no?

More details, I am sure, will come out in due time.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:12 PM

226 posts, read 312,118 times
Quote:

Evidently, Christina (Hannah's mother) had a Paternity Test kit found in her car. Obviously she wanted to test DiMaggio if he was the father of Boy, or Hannah herself. If so, DiMaggio was sharing a tent with his biological daughter, no?

More details, I am sure, will come out in due time.

i did read that the DNA kit belonged to the cops

Old 08-18-2013, 05:23 PM

The report I read said that cops found a DNA Test Kit in Christina's car. If the DNA Kit belonged to the cops, it would have not been reported.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:33 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Quote:

I'll raise a few things:

Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
(1) It was reported the father moved to Tennessee to take a job. They were not divorced but was that ongoing?
(2) Did Christina Anderson work? It's hard to tell but did the family live in an apartment week to week and were they dependent on "Uncle Jim"? Did the father know that?
(3) In the 2011 picture of the picture, Christina's family and Uncle Jim, where is the father?
(4) It was reported that Uncle Jim had a job - how was he able to pick up both children from practices and stay there the whole time instead of working?
(5) Did the father (Brett) stay in contact with his best friend and check in regularly?
(6) Sounds like the mom (Christina) may have had a prior relationship with Uncle Jim???? Could this by why Hannah didn't want to tell her mom? (She should have called her dad).

Personally, I'm very thankful Hannah was found and Uncle Jim was killed but it does like a lot of unanswered questions. Where was her mom when she was going out? At 15? Little young IMO.

I feel very sorry and sad for all the relatives, Hannah's dad and Hannah herself. I'm sure she has not processed all this; she is very young and cannot realize the consequence of her actions.
I ask some of those same question a couple pages back.
People that believe that this is just a case of a sick man preying on a teenage girl are delusional

Quote:
Yep!
They announced that this morning.
Who knows what the used condoms were for.I'm kinda curious about the DNA test kit though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime