Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 10:08 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times

Advertisements

What hits me between the eyes on this one is what kind of family lets a 40 year old man take a 16 year old girl on multi-day trips ???? These people were idiots. I don't care how they thought of him as " a kindly Uncle", they must have had rocks in their heads to even allow this to happen.

Don
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2013, 11:38 PM

297 posts, read 519,923 times
I definitely want to know what those 13 calls were about. Can authorities listen to phone calls after they are made? Or do they have to already be tapping the phone?

But 13 calls between a 16-year-old and an older man, especially one she found creepy...Very ODD.

Last edited by traveler92; 08-15-2013 at 12:11 AM..

Old 08-15-2013, 12:20 AM

1,370 posts, read 2,182,146 times
I've been following this case all along, and these latest revelations are quite disturbing to me.

Although it hasn't been verified by LE, I believe that it was really Hannah posting based on this:

"Dawn MacNabb, whose son, Alan, is one of Hannah’s closest friends, confirmed the postings were by the teen. Alan spoke on the phone with Hannah on Tuesday and urged her to delete some of the postings, MacNabb said. 'He said she was going to, but I don’t know if she will,' she said."

This article has the photos that Hannah posted of herself and her fingernails, and has screenshots of some of her Ask.fm conversations: ‘In the clouds, I’ll meet you again’: Hannah Anderson mourns mother and brother on social media, posts ‘selfies’ | www.bullfax.com

Another quote from the article: "When one commenter said her responses appeared to lack emotion, she wrote, 'I’m trying to stay strong. You don’t know I could be crying answering these questions at the moment.'”

But it is very obvious she wasn't crying.

Take a look at her face. She is completely made up, eyebrows, shadow, lipstick - her eyeliner is perfect. Look at her eyes - see any puffiness at all? I do not see a face that has been crying. I do not see a face that looks upset or disturbed in any way. She found out less than 48 hours earlier that her mother, little brother and dog were dead. Yet here she is, all made up, obviously not crying nor has she been recently, she has gone out to get a manicure, probably not crying then - none of what I am seeing and reading indicates that this is a person who is even remotely disturbed about what has happened.

Many of us have lost loved ones. I lost a very close relative in a traumatic way at the age of 17. I could not have mustered a smile like that for anybody for a very long time after. I would not have thought about makeup or what I looked like at all. I simply cannot equate that made-up, smiling, chatty person with somebody who has been kidnapped and whose mother, brother and pet dog have died.

IMHO, we are going to be seeing some really interesting information come out shortly about this case.

Last edited by C2ShiningC; 08-15-2013 at 12:47 AM..

Old 08-15-2013, 12:32 AM

297 posts, read 519,923 times
The media would have a field day if Hannah turned out to be involved. You think this case is big now, just wait until (if) she is arrested. People still remember the Long Island Lolita 20 years later.

With that said, I really hope that she wasn't involved. The sad thing is, if she is completely innocent, not only was she the victim of kidnapping, her mother and brother killed, but the entire country is suspecting her right now of being a murderer.

Old 08-15-2013, 04:47 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,441 times
I've been following this case as I'm sure a lot of people are. Something is not adding up-she finds out her mother and brother have been killed and all she can talk about on social media is getting a manicure? And I read a report she had her cat with her??? If you were being picked up from cheerleading practice why would you have your cat with you??
Honestly, there is more to the story....I'm sure the police are looking into this and telling us she is completely "innocent" so Hannah will feel more at ease...if she is guilty then it seems she is well on her way to hanging herself through social media.

What a strange family-and I agree who in their right mind would allow a grown man who is not a relative take a 16 year old girl out on day trips?

Old 08-15-2013, 05:54 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,470,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
I've been following this case as I'm sure a lot of people are. Something is not adding up-she finds out her mother and brother have been killed and all she can talk about on social media is getting a manicure? And I read a report she had her cat with her??? If you were being picked up from cheerleading practice why would you have your cat with you??
Honestly, there is more to the story....I'm sure the police are looking into this and telling us she is completely "innocent" so Hannah will feel more at ease...if she is guilty then it seems she is well on her way to hanging herself through social media.

What a strange family-and I agree who in their right mind would allow a grown man who is not a relative take a 16 year old girl out on day trips?
The cat belonged to DiMaggio. It is only early days so hopefully the puzzles will fall into place as more is known. It is a pity that no one is looking out for this girl. She shouldn't be commenting on social media for her own protection and also people are going to be very judgmental. It is just very unwise.

Old 08-15-2013, 05:54 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,430,959 times
I'd like to know if there is a big insurance policy on the two killed at the house.

Old 08-15-2013, 06:33 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
"Investigators did not detail in the warrants how the torture was carried out, but they did reveal new details about how authorities believe James Lee DiMaggio carried out the killings and abduction."
Affidavits: Hannah Anderson's mother, brother 'tortured and killed' - CNN.com

Old 08-15-2013, 06:45 AM

226 posts, read 312,090 times
I have had a gut feeling about Hannah while she was still missing. Now the 13 calls makes my suspicions about her more intense. Like she said during her answer and question session, only she knows the truth. Since the information was unsealed, makes me think LE won't look any further.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:42 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
The details surrounding the nature of the bodies are scant, but the fact that the humans were draped with tarp before the firefighters got there- and that there was blood coming from the dog's head- implies that they were all killed before the fire ravaged the home.

This comes in contrast to what Hannah Anderson told friends on social media after she was freed by FBI officials who found her with DiMaggio in Idaho.

When asked about their deaths on her Ask.fm account, Hannah said taht 'he tied them up in the garage'.

Read more: Hannah Anderson: Heartbreaking details of how DiMaggio tortured and killed Hannah¿s mother and brother before setting the house on fire | Mail Online
I sure hope LE is investigating deeper and not closing the case too soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime