Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 11:18 AM

1,566 posts, read 2,158,178 times

Advertisements

Didn't Dodi, Diana and Trevor also switch cars/drivers at the last moment before leaving the hotel?

I really think it was an unfortunate accident. No one (except maybe the bartender) knew how drunk Henri Paul was. And not wearing seatbelts...c'mon. No excuse.

Diana wasn't even supposed/planned to be in Paris at that time. It's really sad what happened to her but I blame alcohol and lack of seatbelts. Yes, the papparazzi were chasing them but that was par for the course and Henri Paul wouldn't have driven so recklessley had he not been loaded (and on meds).

Charles couldn't have married Camilla as already noted, she was already married to Andrew Parker Bowles. Camilla definitely did give her "stamp of approval" on Diana to Charles (So did also the Queen and Prince Philip. Charles' friends had well-founded reservations however. He should have listened to them.)

Diana was very manipulative and made sure she was most agreeable with everything to Charles before they were married. She came across as the perfect bride. Once they were married however she showed more of her true colors. I believe Charles did try to make a go of it with her and wasn't carrying on with Camilla the entire marriage. But he soon found out his beautiful bride was not the person he thought she was.

I love Diana, always did, but I do see the flaws she had (as we all do) and I do see her part in the disaster of their marriage. I think they were both at fault.

It's a shame what happened to her, I don't think she was in love with Dodi and she shouldn't have been with him. But I do not think the Royal Family had anything to do with the accident. I do wish people would let it go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 08:18 PM

26,712 posts, read 26,770,596 times
I wonder what happened to the only survivor of the car accident, Dodi Fayed's bodyguard, Trevor Rees-Jones. Apparently he wrote a book a number of years ago. Anybody read it? The Bodyguard's Story: Diana, the Crash, and the Sole Survivor by Trevor Rees-Jones - Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists

Old 08-29-2013, 04:10 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,963,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Camera flash going off taking pictures has no bearing on a murder attempt. It may have distracted the drunken driver if a flash camera even happened at that moment, but that's impossible to pin a murder rap on that scenario.
Certainly, which is why, if you were planning a murder that looked like an accident, it would have been the perfect scenario.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:46 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,997,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
I don't like it, wish they'd just let this go -- so much pain dredged back up --
Whose pain?

Old 08-29-2013, 06:03 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,784,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Whose pain?

my guess would be her sons.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
my guess would be her sons.
Most families would want new evidence to be investigated.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Most families would want new evidence to be investigated.
They're probably sure that there was no cover up. Her death was investigated to the fullest in 1997. If anything, this is just another example of how none of them can escape the glare of the media.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
If anything, this is just another example of how none of them can escape the glare of the media.
They can't do that anyway since they are public figures.

Old 08-30-2013, 07:50 AM

Quote:
They can't do that anyway since they are public figures.
True. What was that comment Diana made about her children? Something along the lines that her children had reached the age when most parents tell them that they should not talk to strangers, but she had to tell hers that they must do this for the rest of their lives....

Old 08-30-2013, 09:07 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,812,910 times
Nothing new here. The driver chose to drive drunk and speed to get away from the paparazzi.

This annual "investigation" is a waste of time and money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime