Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 06:00 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,963,472 times

Advertisements

Jennifer Mee the 'Hiccup Girl' was found guilty of first degree murder Friday. A Pinellas County jury after deliberating only 4 hours returned a guilty verdict. Mee was sentenced to life without parole.

I'm still a bit leery of Pinellas County Jurors.

Pinella County Jury
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2013, 07:33 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,350,704 times
Yes, I saw this...she sure went down the wrong path in life. It matters who you hang out with...she was in a group, and lured the guy there, to rob him, she was not the shooter, but included as she was there, and lured him to the robbery.

Old 09-24-2013, 11:53 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,754,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Yes, I saw this...she sure went down the wrong path in life. It matters who you hang out with...she was in a group, and lured the guy there, to rob him, she was not the shooter, but included as she was there, and lured him to the robbery.
But she CHOSE to hang out with them and she CHOSE to act as the lure. She is as guilty of this as Manson was for choosing the house his followers would break into, then tying up the LaBiancas, then ordering them to kill the people he had prepared for them.

Old 09-24-2013, 01:11 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,966,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Jennifer Mee the 'Hiccup Girl' was found guilty of first degree murder Friday. A Pinellas County jury after deliberating only 4 hours returned a guilty verdict. Mee was sentenced to life without parole.

I'm still a bit leery of Pinellas County Jurors.

Pinella County Jury
They're different jurors, I think you are being irrational. Pinellas county population is over 917,000 not 12 people and It's not like every person in Pinellas county is a clone of those jury members.

Old 09-24-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
They're different jurors, I think you are being irrational. Pinellas county population is over 917,000 not 12 people and It's not like every person in Pinellas county is a clone of those jury members.
Just remembering the Casey Anthony infamous Pinellas 12 and how quickly they set her free and immediately went into hiding. I don't think I will ever get over that trial.

RIP Caylee Marie Anthony

Old 09-25-2013, 03:32 AM

1,496 posts, read 1,854,839 times
a bit of a harsh sentence. She should have been given a chance at parole some day. Have seen way worse crimes (with obvious murder 1 planning) and the criminal gets 25 to life.

It's a tough one though. She lured the victim. Without her actions he wouldn't have died.

She seems like a really stupid girl that got in with the wrong crowd.

Personally, I don't like the laws in some states where if you are part of a felony (robbery) that leads to the death of someone, even if you didn't kill him, then you are just as guilty as the one that pulled the trigger. The person that actually kills someone should always be the one that is treated harshest by the state. They are the most responsible for the death of the person.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:21 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,576,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous9 View Post
a bit of a harsh sentence. She should have been given a chance at parole some day. Have seen way worse crimes (with obvious murder 1 planning) and the criminal gets 25 to life.

It's a tough one though. She lured the victim. Without her actions he wouldn't have died.

She seems like a really stupid girl that got in with the wrong crowd.

Personally, I don't like the laws in some states where if you are part of a felony (robbery) that leads to the death of someone, even if you didn't kill him, then you are just as guilty as the one that pulled the trigger. The person that actually kills someone should always be the one that is treated harshest by the state. They are the most responsible for the death of the person.
I agree and to me it takes away any responsibility the victim had in his own death. Anyone dealing drugs should know that it's a dangerous endeavor and possible outcomes are getting robbed and shot. In the same week in Pinellas County a man was sentenced to 10 years for shaking a baby to death (10 years on a plea deal) and a juvenile cop-killer, who pulled the trigger, gets a new re sentencing hearing to possibly get a chance at parole. It's disturbing to see this young lady get a sentence equivalent to 2 others who killed their victims with their own hands.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:59 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,854,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
I agree and to me it takes away any responsibility the victim had in his own death. Anyone dealing drugs should know that it's a dangerous endeavor and possible outcomes are getting robbed and shot. In the same week in Pinellas County a man was sentenced to 10 years for shaking a baby to death (10 years on a plea deal) and a juvenile cop-killer, who pulled the trigger, gets a new re sentencing hearing to possibly get a chance at parole. It's disturbing to see this young lady get a sentence equivalent to 2 others who killed their victims with their own hands.
well, I didn't say anything about the victim. But I guess you could say that the victim holds some responsibility for entering into what he thought was a drug deal.

I think Mee should be punished severely. But life without parole is beyond cruel. A sentence of life with the possibility of parole would have been more suitable. But, from what I've read Florida doesn't have parole. What a backwards state.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:38 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,350,704 times
Maybe there is a backlash from the Casey Anthony fiasco. And now Pinellas wants to be seen as tough on crime.

Old 09-27-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Maybe there is a backlash from the Casey Anthony fiasco. And now Pinellas wants to be seen as tough on crime.
That is what I thought too ... they literally threw the book at Mee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime