Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 10:06 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,403,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I don't know who they are but briefly heard that McNeil according to the convicts had confessed to them. If the defense will cross exam them it will open a door took why they are convicted and the prosecutor can get it in that McNeil was in there for something different than just awaiting trial for this case.

That can be huge combined with the daughters who turned on him and also 2 lovers who testified for the prosecutor even though one was a hostile witness.

The mom of gypsy was a very good witness for the prosecutor.

I think jurors might have learned that all kids were to receive 1dollar according to the will and therefore may look that they are upset due to that but combined with all testimonies it begins to show a clear image he wanted to get rid of his wife to be with Gypsy and even the sex like images texted by Gypsy and. McNeil a day after his wife died indicated they didn't care about her being dead and/or shocked about the entire odeal and moving gypsy in as the solely interviewed nanny is making that even more clear.

It is all not direct evidence but very clear evidence of a man who is not just a good husband and a bad person as the defense wants him to be looked at.

We have seen Drew. Peterson and Scott Peterson and others been convicted without all the direct evidence after cheating and lying...

Many men and women cheat but killing or having someone dead is something different, especially with all the additional evidence, makes it a clear sign something different was going on.
Bentlebee,

Great info. I missed everything from Gypsy's mom but have seen clips and read her sister thinks Gypsy needs to be locked away for a very long time.

I know Gypsy was a "mom"..or gave birth to at least two children. I have no idea the ages or where those children are.

Today will have fellow Federal Convicts testifying. They are concerned for their safety so their names have not been released. There was even some discussion of whether they could safely be returned to the TexArcana Federal Prison.

The prosecution may end today and defense starting as early as tomorrow.

Live Updates: Jail snitches called to MacNeill's murder trial : Crime & Courts

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 10:12 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,641,661 times
The convict that is testifying today already mentioned that McNeil was convicted of felony fraud so the jurors have heard that!

Even if they don't believe anything these convicts are saying they all stated that McNeil wasn't using a cane and could run and walk and never stated that he had cancer on his tow....that is major!

Because McNeil claims he couldn't lift his wife out of the tub due to his tow!

Old 11-06-2013, 03:30 PM

Default MacNeill admitted killing his wife.

Quote:
The convict that is testifying today already mentioned that McNeil was convicted of felony fraud so the jurors have heard that!

Even if they don't believe anything these convicts are saying they all stated that McNeil wasn't using a cane and could run and walk and never stated that he had cancer on his tow....that is major!

Because McNeil claims he couldn't lift his wife out of the tub due to his tow!
Awesome news!

I heard a Snipet from Convict #3 who said he told MacNeill that he had heard MacNeill had killed his wife. MacNeill told #3 no one would ever be able to prove it.

The look on MacNeill's face- wow I hope the jury saw him clench his jaw. Would love to be able to find a pic of that or vid.

For me, this testimony seems powerful.

Live Updates: Inmate testifies MacNeill admitted killing his wife : Crime & Courts

MSR

Old 11-06-2013, 04:20 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,641,661 times
But all jail house snitches are saying the same about no cane, no tow injury and him running, which is very clear he faked it all the time.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:05 PM

Quote:
But all jail house snitches are saying the same about no cane, no tow injury and him running, which is very clear he faked it all the time.
Ya think MacNeill would actually fake something?! LOL

Old 11-07-2013, 10:32 AM

335 posts, read 502,667 times
The defense attorney is ridiculous.

His cross examination of Inmate #1 consists of dissecting his prison phone calls - and, frankly, there's nothing much on those calls to discredit him. And the defense attorney gets this look on his face like he.s having a "gotcha" moment. HAHAHA!

Old 11-07-2013, 12:29 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,720,704 times
Maybe the surgery didn't come out the way he wanted?

Today on CNN they said he's been talking about killing his brother by drowning HIM in a bathtub when he caught him attempting suicide, AND trying to kill his mother when he was only 8. That does it -- I'm scratching him off my list of eligible widowers.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:11 PM

313 posts, read 401,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumshoe Lady View Post
The defense attorney is ridiculous.

His cross examination of Inmate #1 consists of dissecting his prison phone calls - and, frankly, there's nothing much on those calls to discredit him. And the defense attorney gets this look on his face like he.s having a "gotcha" moment. HAHAHA!
I agree. I thought the prosecutors sucked until I watched the defense lawyer. He's terrible. And what's w/ that scary looking blond (lawyer?) who sits next to MacNeill. She looks like she's had some bad plastic surgery.

I can't believe how boring this trial has been considering just how diabolical and nasty the defendant is. He makes Arias look like an amateur.

I appreciate them moving things along unlike Arias' lawyer Nurmi but these lawyers all seem so dispassionate and inconvenienced. The only one who seems ok is the younger prosecutor w/ the slicked back hair but even he can't wait to get back to his seat ASAP.

MSR, thanks for your posts (wow, this MacNeill guy is truly evil!) and sorry for your loss. I hope this guy gets the book thrown at him and never sees the light of day again.

That Poirier (sp?) guy and Inmate #1 seem to have given pretty damning testimony. Even though the jury won't know about the extent of Martin M's actions, I think they have enough. I know I would.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:19 PM

313 posts, read 401,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
It's getting very interesting , daughters think he did it, I'm wondering why he wanted her to have the face lift if he planned on getting rid of her
There's already a thread here:
//www.city-data.com/forum/true-...l-d-o-j-d.html

My guess is face lift b/c
a) he wanted her to have surgery so he could kill her w/ the help of drugs, and
b) since she was otherwise healthy, it's the only surgery he could probably come up w/ that would be plausible. Even that he pressured her a lot before she agreed.

She was a beautiful woman, and from all accounts a nice person. Such a shame about her hooking up w/ this evil guy.

Old 11-07-2013, 05:52 PM

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcatnip View Post
I agree. I thought the prosecutors sucked until I watched the defense lawyer. He's terrible. And what's w/ that scary looking blond (lawyer?) who sits next to MacNeill. She looks like she's had some bad plastic surgery.

I can't believe how boring this trial has been considering just how diabolical and nasty the defendant is. He makes Arias look like an amateur.

I appreciate them moving things along unlike Arias' lawyer Nurmi but these lawyers all seem so dispassionate and inconvenienced. The only one who seems ok is the younger prosecutor w/ the slicked back hair but even he can't wait to get back to his seat ASAP.

MSR, thanks for your posts (wow, this MacNeill guy is truly evil!) and sorry for your loss. I hope this guy gets the book thrown at him and never sees the light of day again.

That Poirier (sp?) guy and Inmate #1 seem to have given pretty damning testimony. Even though the jury won't know about the extent of Martin M's actions, I think they have enough. I know I would.
Iluvcatnip,

Thank you!

I can't comment on anything today since I do know one of the witnesses.

Yes, I believe MacNeill is far more evil than people want to believe.

I've not watched but had a sense of the attorneys. They have to get this trial finished so MacNeill's trial of sexually abusing Alexis, AFTER, her mother's death starts in Dec.

That's probably all that is safe for me to post right now except I cried when I read who testified today. People MacNeill treated so horribly.....

Oh the one thing I'll write is I think UTAH COUNTY and Def. Atty. Spencer are all tired of going to court about MacNeill. Spencer has been representing him since 2007 on various charges.

Thanks for joining and reading this discussion.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime