Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 03:26 AM

44,554 posts, read 61,277,369 times

Advertisements

Diane Sawyer on ABC news last night about the 'mystery gypsy girl'...
Kidnapped Gypsy Girl's DNA Has No Matches in Interpol Database - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 09:32 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,460,112 times
Nancy Grace
Attorney says the parents of missing 10-month-old Lisa Irwin, who's been missing for two years, have been in contact with Greek authorities about 'Maria,’ a mysterious young blonde-haired girl found living in a Roma settlement near Larissa in central Greece. Who is Baby Lisa & is she the mystery girl in Greece? #BabyLisa Nancy Grace | HLNtv.com

Who is Baby Lisa Irwin?
HLN: The News and Views network | HLNtv.com
In a recent interview with HLN affiliate WDAF, the mother of missing toddler Lisa Irwin expressed hope that her daughter may still be alive. “I think she’s with a family somewhere. I think she’s being loved,” Deborah Bradley said. “You don’t take a baby to hurt her. You just don’t. Human trafficking...

Old 10-23-2013, 11:41 AM

8,070 posts, read 6,927,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
I really doubt Madeleine is a victim of child trafficking. There are loads of children in countries in Eastern Europe that are much easier to access and I would say this little girl is Eastern European.

Why go to a resort to kidnap a child from wealthy parents when you can get children from poorer areas where there won't be anyone that concerned about them.

Child trafficking is much more common in poorer countries and there is a limitless supply. Most children in situations like Madeleine are likely to be the target of a pedophile and the outcome is not good for their survival. Madeleine is so high profile that her name gets mentioned in all kinds of scenarios. As I've said in another thread Madeleine's case is getting to the stage where it is becoming mythic.

What is the point of child trafficking anyway. These Roma weren't selling their children into prostitution. Does anyone know of white children being used in this way? Is there any actual evidence of this happening?
Everything is possible but the probability is very small.

I was robbed by a gang of children in Paris. The only adult with them was a Roma that looked like the woman in the picture. Many of the kids had light hair and light eyes. I remember because they caught them right away. One was so young he was sucking his thumb while the police was arresting them. According to a French policeman, he thought they were from Yugoslavia. I do remember the woman looking significant different than the children. He said they would let them go next day because they are so young they cannot keep them arrested. It was very sad to see that, to corrupt such little souls at such a young age.

Old 10-23-2013, 04:24 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,388,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergofa View Post
I think there is a perception that all missing children have been murdered, and increasingly it seems this is not the case.

Just because she is not Madeline McGann does not mean her case is not important.
Thank you for posting this article about the Romas. Very entertaining to see their living quarters in Greece. The "Daily Mail" link is also interesting. Of course, all cases involving missing children are important whether all think so or not.

Old 10-23-2013, 06:39 PM

6,293 posts, read 10,542,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Nancy Grace
Attorney says the parents of missing 10-month-old Lisa Irwin, who's been missing for two years, have been in contact with Greek authorities about 'Maria,’ a mysterious young blonde-haired girl found living in a Roma settlement near Larissa in central Greece. Who is Baby Lisa & is she the mystery girl in Greece? #BabyLisa Nancy Grace | HLNtv.com

Who is Baby Lisa Irwin?
HLN: The News and Views network | HLNtv.com
In a recent interview with HLN affiliate WDAF, the mother of missing toddler Lisa Irwin expressed hope that her daughter may still be alive. “I think she’s with a family somewhere. I think she’s being loved,” Deborah Bradley said. “You don’t take a baby to hurt her. You just don’t. Human trafficking...
This child is way too old to be baby Lisa.

I honestly feel baby Lisa was killed by her mother, and she just hasn't been caught yet. Casey Anthony was an inspiration to many

Old 10-23-2013, 10:14 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,384,528 times
I don't want to think her mother did it
I know that the chances are that a family member is involved is higher than a stranger. I guess my reasoning is, if I were to lose my child to a kidnapping, people might accuse me. It would be horrible. Just imagine being accused of your own child's death or disappearance.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:30 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,460,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
This child is way too old to be baby Lisa.

I honestly feel baby Lisa was killed by her mother, and she just hasn't been caught yet. Casey Anthony was an inspiration to many
Absolutely, I don't believe for a minute baby Lisa was kidnapped by gypsies. The mothers tipping the boxed wine again.
The article was in my fb feed and relative to the thread.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:10 AM

13,498 posts, read 18,102,786 times
A Bulgarian couple who may be "Maria's" parents have been located in Bulgaria, and their DNA taken. The mother has admitted leaving a child born in Greece in 2003 with another woman to care for as she already had too many children to manage, etc. etc.
BBC News - 'Parents' of Greek Roma girl Maria give DNA to police

Old 10-24-2013, 12:37 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,384,528 times
In 2003 ???

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

Old 10-24-2013, 06:09 PM

3,746 posts, read 2,955,101 times
Not totally surprised by the end result, it appears the biological mother gave the child away:

Bulgaria questions parents of Greece mystery girl - Yahoo!7

Not sure if anyone is guilty of any crime if that is the case?
Most of us do not know what it is like to live in abject poverty, so it is hard for us to understand.
Obviously this did not happen with Maddie, which appears more opportunistic in nature.

Last edited by Derek41; 10-24-2013 at 06:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime