Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2014, 07:23 PM

125 posts, read 125,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
More like two guilty goats.

Based upon what?…

Oh wait, don't tell me!

Because she was found guilty and that is all that matters.

Am I right?

Old 02-01-2014, 07:30 PM

117 posts, read 110,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous9 View Post
Yeah, that's even more absurd.

It's pretty obvious what happened here. Rudy Guede raped and murdered this woman. His DNA was on the bloody pillow for chrissakes.
Raffeael's DNA was on the victim's bra clasp for chrissakes. Knox's DNA mixed with the victim's DNA was in the bathroom and another bedroom for chrissakes. You cherrypick which DNA evidence is legit and isn't legit. Some might note the races of the 3 accused and which one you think the DNA is legit.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamford View Post
He's Professor of Law at Harvard University. I should imagine he is well aware of the case and the law.
He's not all that informed on this case but more so than the rest of the American media. His being Harvard law professor has nothing to do with being informed.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:37 PM

Her DNA on the handle of a knife with the victim's DNA on the blade, the knife being found in her boyfriend's apartment. The apartment smelled of bleach and an empty container was found below the sink. A store owner testied he saw Knox early in the morning the day after the murder and she headed for the cleaaning supplies section of the store.

I think that is enough for a conviction but there is so much more. lol

Here is a simple one but a goodie...her bedroom lamp was found in the victim's bedroom on the floor. It seems probable she used in a cleanup and accidentlly left it in there.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wudge View Post
Italy's Appellate Court's ruled there was insuffiicient evidence to support the original guilty verdict. Accordingly, both Amanda and Raffaelle were acquitted and set free.

Given that they were "acquitted", the latest trial ruling necessarily represented double jeopardy. As such, Amanda is still presumed innocent and will remain free.

No Secretary of State in America is going to extradite Amanda to Italy based on its absurd kangaroo court system.
You don't understand their justice system. The Supreme Court has to confirm the appeals court verdict. THe appeals court has to write a paper explaining the logic behind their basis. The Supreme Court reviews the logic of this report and if there are flaws they send it back down to the appeal level for a retrial.

She was never acquitted , just allowed to go home because the next appeal trial was going to be delayed for awhile.

It isn't double jeopardy because she was never confirmed not guilty by the Supreme Court. The 1st appeals trial was not conducted properly. The judge in that trial was slammed by the Supreme Court and they annullled that trial, not just overturned the verdict.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:05 PM

125 posts, read 125,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggshall View Post
Her DNA on the handle of a knife with the victim's DNA on the blade, the knife being found in her boyfriend's apartment. The apartment smelled of bleach and an empty container was found below the sink. A store owner testied he saw Knox early in the morning the day after the murder and she headed for the cleaaning supplies section of the store.

I think that is enough for a conviction but there is so much more. lol

Here is a simple one but a goodie...her bedroom lamp was found in the victim's bedroom on the floor. It seems probable she used in a cleanup and accidentlly left it in there.
Have you paid any attention to this case?

Old 02-01-2014, 08:44 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,906,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveKendall View Post
I am frightened by the number of people who think she is guilty because they do not like her affect. There is no 'correct' way to act when your roommate has been murdered and you are charged with the crime.

I also don't know what evidence there is that Knox was sexually promiscuous, as some of you claim. And even if she was, that has absolutely no bearing on a murder case.

The Italian police can be very brutal. They would have loved to pin this crime on an African immigrant. I have no doubt Knox was strongly coerced to blame Lumumba. Although it is terrible to pin blame on an innocent person, history shows that most people will give erroneous/false confessions under difficult circumstances.

Mignini's involvement in this case alone convinces me Knox is innocent. He is a corrupt man without a conscience.
I watched the Amanda Knox interview with Diane Sawyer last night and the issue of false confessions was addressed. Ms Sawyer said it is common for innocent people to confess to crimes they did not commit. It is NOT common however, for an innocent person to name an innocent person in the crime, even under duress. The actual Evidence against AK is abundant and damning. The US should accept the Italian verdict and extradite AK.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:45 PM

3,766 posts, read 4,102,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
I do not believe the U.S., atleast under an Obama administration, will allow her to be extradited. Obama loves WA state, and while that is just part of the story, and the State department will have the most influence, I still say she will be fine.
Two things have to happen for her to return to jail in Italy. Number one, lose her next appeal, and the US allow the Italians to extradite. The odds of both of those things happening are in favor of Amanda, IMO.

Could you explain why you think the US will not allow her to be extradited?

Old 02-01-2014, 08:51 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,855,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggshall View Post
Raffeael's DNA was on the victim's bra clasp for chrissakes. Knox's DNA mixed with the victim's DNA was in the bathroom and another bedroom for chrissakes. You cherrypick which DNA evidence is legit and isn't legit. Some might note the races of the 3 accused and which one you think the DNA is legit.
The bra was not collected for evidence until 47 days after the crime. And it was found in a pile of clutter.

This is a very good dissection of the bra clasp and why it should be disqualified from evidence.

http://viewfromwilmington.blogspot.c...bra-clasp.html

Knox lived in the house. Of course her DNA is going to be in the bathroom and in other rooms of the house.

You really need to consider how you're falling victim to confirmation bias.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:59 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,855,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
I watched the Amanda Knox interview with Diane Sawyer last night and the issue of false confessions was addressed. Ms Sawyer said it is common for innocent people to confess to crimes they did not commit. It is NOT common however, for an innocent person to name an innocent person in the crime, even under duress. The actual Evidence against AK is abundant and damning. The US should accept the Italian verdict and extradite AK.
Nonsense. Where did you here this?

There's not much evidence against Knox. There's some. But its mostly to do with how horribly she acted afterwards.

How do you explain Rudy Guede? What's the theory of what happened? Rudy rapes here then Knox and her bf kill her while Rudy is taking a dump? It makes no sense.

Lets apply Occam's Razor. Rudy Guede, in the midst of a criminal crime spree that included several other break-ins in the area, breaks into the home, finds Meredith, rapes and kills her, steals money from her purse and then flees to Germany.

How does Knox and her bf fit into that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime