Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2014, 05:28 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,444,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
So all of the Italian prosecutors' evidence is just "urban legend", huh? Sounds ethnocentric to me. No wonder Americans are often seen as arrogant to other cultures.

What evidence are you talking about? There was no such evidence presented by the prosecution. You have no clue about the evidence presented at this trial if you really believe this video exists.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:33 PM

93 posts, read 104,335 times
Quote:
I am talking about the night of the murder. AK is on video coming home after the eight o' clock hour and Meredith was killed after 9 PM.
No they think that is Meredith coming home. Then Rudy later.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:35 PM

Quote:
So all of the Italian prosecutors' evidence is just "urban legend", huh? Sounds ethnocentric to me. No wonder Americans are often seen as arrogant to other cultures.
How are Americans arrogant? Americans often think Europeans are arrogant.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:36 PM

684 posts, read 868,442 times
Quote:
My post referred to and was made in regards to your alleged video and/or pictures of Amanda supposedly entering the cottage 45 minutes (or so) before Merdith was murdered. It's not evidence. It's urban legend.

Moreover, this was the alleged piece of evidence that you selected from your own list of nine items that you considered to be a key item of evidence. Again, it's not evidence. It's case mythology.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigTurner View Post
Interesting. Kind of makes you wonder why she would implicate a black man, doesn't it?

Has the possibility ever occurred to you that the reason she implicated Lumumba is because the police knew that witnesses had seen a black man running from the scene, not because Knox knew, and that they coerced her into implicating Lumumba because they jumped to the conclusion that he must have committed the murder?

I want an intelligent answer if you don't mind.
Why do you assume they knew Lumumba's race? They just asked Knox about a text she sent him that night that said See You Later which is a logical question for the police to ask her.

Her boyfriend had just broke her alibi and said she left his house that night. She was in state of panic.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
I guess you are falling for the satanic sex game as well eh...pretty lame motive without any supporting evidence.
The prosecutor never talked about satanic rituals. At first he said he thought it might have been a drug fueled sex game that got violent but he changed it to be an argument between the girls over something like Knox's lifestyle.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervais View Post
The prosecutor never talked about satanic rituals. At first he said he thought it might have been a drug fueled sex game that got violent but he changed it to be an argument between the girls over something like Knox's lifestyle.
In the "Monster of Florence" case, the prosecutor, Magnini, hypothesized that the sixteen people were murdered so their body parts could be used in "Satanic rituals".

Thee was a preliminary hearing for Meredith's case in which prosecutor Mingini hypothesized that Meredith's murder was part of a "ritualistic orgy".

(Refer to: all roads lead to Rome.)

Old 02-06-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wudge View Post
In the "Monster of Florence" case, the prosecutor, Magnini, hypothesized that the sixteen people were murdered so their body parts could be used in "Satanic rituals".

Thee was a preliminary hearing for Meredith's case in which prosecutor Mingini hypothesized that Meredith's murder was part of a "ritualistic orgy".

(Refer to: all roads lead to Rome.)
You don't know what you are talking about. The Satanic rituals theory in MOF was developed by a police investigator, I think his name is Guitarri, he writes crime novels now, he came up with back in the 1980s when the case was new. The MOF was removing body parts from people, that was the basis for the theory. It might sound crazy but some people are crazy and Satanists.

Mignini was investigating the possible murder of a doctor who might have been connected to the MOF in some way. His objective was to determine if the doctor was murdered and by who.

That has nothing to do with Amanda knox. He never said Kercher's murder was about satanic rituals. He said it was a drug fueled sex game that escalated into violence than modified it later on in the trial to an argument between the girls over something.

You don't have to prove motive in a murder case. It was established Knox was at the house and she didn't have an alibi and she falsely accused a man of murder who she knew had nothing to do with it. The victim's DNA was found on the blade of a knife in her boyfriend's house, and his DNA was found on the victim's bra clasp. There is so much more evidence as well. You can't win this.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervais View Post
You don't know what you are talking about. The Satanic rituals theory in MOF was developed by a police investigator, I think his name is Guitarri, he writes crime novels now, he came up with back in the 1980s when the case was new. The MOF was removing body parts from people, that was the basis for the theory. It might sound crazy but some people are crazy and Satanists.

Mignini was investigating the possible murder of a doctor who might have been connected to the MOF in some way. His objective was to determine if the doctor was murdered and by who.

That has nothing to do with Amanda knox. He never said Kercher's murder was about satanic rituals. He said it was a drug fueled sex game that escalated into violence than modified it later on in the trial to an argument between the girls over something.

You don't have to prove motive in a murder case. It was established Knox was at the house and she didn't have an alibi and she falsely accused a man of murder who she knew had nothing to do with it. The victim's DNA was found on the blade of a knife in her boyfriend's house, and his DNA was found on the victim's bra clasp. There is so much more evidence as well. You can't win this.
I do know what I am talking about.

I've followed this case is detail from the start -- as I have tons of other high-profile cases during the past six decades, which includes fifty cases I have posted on in web forums and bulletin boards since the birth of Mosaic over two decades ago.

Moreover, in Italy, the police do not lead the investgation, the prosecutor does. And regardless of who first came up with the "ritualistic orgy" theory, Mingini did use it just as I posted

Further, I never said that a motive has to be proven.

Further yet, the low copy number DNA testing was not performed by a lab that was certified to perform such a test, nor did the technician conduct the test within permissible standards for the test. And independent experts testified in the trial that this was true.

Even further, amongst all of the prosecution's alleged circumstantial evidence, there is not a shred of physical or other circumstantial evidence that places Amanda in the cottage at the time of the murder.

Still further, you misquoted me. What I posted was as follows:

"In the "Monster of Florence" case, the prosecutor, Magnini, hypothesized that the sixteen people were murdered so their body parts could be used in "Satanic rituals".

There was a preliminary hearing for Meredith's case in which prosecutor Mingini hypothesized that Meredith's murder was part of a "ritualistic orgy"."

Old 02-06-2014, 06:56 PM

510 posts, read 905,242 times
Quote:
I know. I heard of this case seven years ago but never really paid any attention to it. I heard of the Foxy Knoxy stuff in the tabloids and ignored it. Just last week because I actually sought out the name of the victim did I know her name, Meredith Kercher. Every American that knows of AK should google Meredith Kercher to find out what all of the fuss us about in the UK. We should find out about the victim and then revisit this case and it's evidence. I believe AK is guilty as do a majority of people outside the US. She needs to go back to Italy.
The 'Foxy Knoxy stuff' is nothing more than a nickname that a child received when playing football at school.
As I said in another post, prosecuting an innocent person does nothing to vindicate the death of Meredith Kercher. In fact, this irrational focus on Knox has contributed to the fact that the actual killer will likely be out of jail next year. That hardly honors what Meredith went through.
People in the UK think Knox is guilty in part because the British tabloids are terrible rags. There is also a lot of anti-Americanism in Britain, unfortunately. Britons are not more educated about this case; they are just fed more scandalous stories about it than Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime