Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2014, 04:51 PM

684 posts, read 867,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamford View Post
So do you think a Jury go in to the backroom and do lots of equations and sums in order establish reasonable doubt (I don't think so........)

Indeed it is a Jury of normal average lay people (a jury of your peers) who generally determine a persons guilt or innocence beyond reasonable doubt based on evidence and not statistics.

Furthermore having served on a Jury (on a serious case) I don't recall a hurdle of proof based on statistics or percentages. Even the CPS use facts to establish whether a case should go to before the courts.. As I have said before the Law is not an exact science and what you are prattling on about has little to do with the English Legal System or indeed the Italian one.

The only thing I can think you are referring to is the initial evidence to prosecute. However this was established a long time ago by the Italian Authorities in this case and in England is the responsibility of the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS), and has nothing to do with a Juries final verdict in relation to guilt or innocence based on reasonable doubt in relation to the evidence and facts presented.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/publications/.../codetest.html
I have always asked you for what level of certitude you hold. You! You! You!

When you asked me that very same question, I immediately answered it by citing the level of certitude I use, and I cited it crisply and clearly.

Add some prattle to your twaddle old chap.

We should have let you twaddles learn to speak German.

Last edited by Wudge; 02-07-2014 at 05:02 PM..

Old 02-07-2014, 05:18 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,901,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wudge View Post
I have always asked you for what level of certitude you hold. You! You! You!

When you asked me that very same question, I immediately answered it by citing the level of certitude I use, and I cited it crisply and clearly.

Add some prattle to your twaddle old chap.

We should have let you twaddles learn to speak German.
Really? Does the support from FOA need to get so intense that insults need to get thrown at posters who don't agree AK is innocent? We need to bring up WW2 because a Brit in 2014 makes great argument? FOA want to keep everyone who thinks AK is guilty, off this thread. I find it amusing. Good job, AK! Your four million dollar book deal pays for a lot of PR! God bless Meredith's family and may they know not everyone in a the U.S. is fooled by AK send her PR machine.

Old 02-07-2014, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
Really? Does the support from FOA need to get so intense that insults need to get thrown at posters who don't agree AK is innocent? We need to bring up WW2 because a Brit in 2014 makes great argument? FOA want to keep everyone who thinks AK is guilty, off this thread. I find it amusing. Good job, AK! Your four million dollar book deal pays for a lot of PR! God bless Meredith's family and may they know not everyone in a the U.S. is fooled by AK send her PR machine.
(chuckle ... poor wittle prattle and twaddle)

Cite the alleged "great argument".

Old 02-07-2014, 06:36 PM

510 posts, read 904,318 times
I do not understand how people say they want justice for Meredith and feel like this will be achieved by prosecuted an innocent person. Even worse, this irrational focus on Knox has helped the actual rapist and killer tremendously, and he will likely be released next year. How is that justice for a woman who was raped and murdered?

Old 02-07-2014, 06:41 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,901,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveKendall View Post
I do not understand how people say they want justice for Meredith and feel like this will be achieved by prosecuted an innocent person. Even worse, this irrational focus on Knox has helped the actual rapist and killer tremendously, and he will likely be released next year. How is that justice for a woman who was raped and murdered?
Many of us believe AK was a part of the murder with Guede. I do not think Guede should have gotten a reduced sentence and I think AK should be right along Guede in prison now. You think I am irrational and that is fine. I think there is too much evidence that points to AK's guilt. You see me and other posters as irrational but I cannot do anything about your opinion. Opinions are varied and we all have one.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveKendall View Post

This is your typical high-profile case where some poor soul or souls is/are falsely accused and demonized -- Amanda and Raffaele in this case -- by people who mouth off without a clue as to what constitutes and represents either highly reliable inculpatory evidence or proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

They have no clue as regards how to accurately assess and measure inculpatory evidence or what model jury instructions require them to do before concluding guilt, and they don't want to hear that truth. To them, a wrongful conviction equates to justice.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
Many of us believe AK was a part of the murder with Guede. I do not think Guede should have gotten a reduced sentence and I think AK should be right along Guede in prison now. You think I am irrational and that is fine. I think there is too much evidence that points to AK's guilt. You see me and other posters as irrational but I cannot do anything about your opinion. Opinions are varied and we all have one.
As I recall, I believe you said that it was your "rational husband" who convinced you of Amanda's alleged guilt -- on what basis, I have not a clue.

Then you posted a list of nine items as evidence that proves Amanda's guilt (in your mind), several of which were totally irrelevant and none of which came anywhere near to representing proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

Even worse, the item of evidence you held to be most probative of Amanda's guilt -- an alleged video of Amanda going into her cottage about 45 minutes before Meredith was murdered -- is total mythology. It does not exist. Still worse, rather than admit that truth and the truth about your list being totally worthless as regards representing highly reliable inculpatory evidence and trying to learn something from your grievous assessment, you simply sulked off.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:24 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,438,227 times
Quote:
As I recall, I believe you said that it was your "rational husband" who convinced you of Amanda's alleged guilt -- on what basis, I have not a clue.

Then you posted a list of nine items as evidence that proves Amanda's guilt (in your mind), several of which were totally irrelevant and none of which came anywhere near to representing proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

Even worse, the item of evidence you held to be most probative of Amanda's guilt -- an alleged video of Amanda going into her cottage about 45 minutes before Meredith was murdered -- is total mythology. It does not exist. Still worse, rather than admit that truth and the truth about your list being totally worthless as regards representing highly reliable inculpatory evidence and trying to learn something from your grievous assessment, you simply sulked off.
I am so thankful to see another rational intelligent poster on CD. Thank you for your very wise and intelligent thinking. Too bad we are seeing a huge decline of people who have the ability to think outside the box in this country and sadly it is only going to get worse.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
I am so thankful to see another rational intelligent poster on CD. Thank you for your very wise and intelligent thinking. Too bad we are seeing a huge decline of people who have the ability to think outside the box in this country and sadly it is only going to get worse.
I witnessed our mob rush to judgement mentality across America start with the alleged and numerous Satanic and/or ritual abuse child-care center trials that became near epidemic across our nation in the eighties and early nineties. The number of wrongful convictions that stemmed from the fire-ready-aim approach many of the juries adopted in those cases is incredible.

Then O.J.'s trial happened, and our national mob did not like the result. By my measure, it was from that point on that the media began to try to cash in by latching onto cases and prejudging guilt to ensure they went high-profile. Of course, mobs well know that the media can't be wrong --let the media do the thinking for you. How ......................... novel.

(Gasp)

Old 02-07-2014, 08:06 PM

2,737 posts, read 3,161,211 times
Quote:
(DUH)

Well, old chap. I have no doubt whatsoever but that you bloody well flunked all of your courses.

Twaddle on.
I don't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime