Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 07:48 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times

Advertisements

Wednesday, a shoplifter that was caught on cam, was put custody but will not speak.
The perp in question is Cato, a dog caught on camera sneaking in and out of the store's sliding doors and stealing items whenever opportunity knocked.
Store manager Anastasia Polson told Fox Carolina they were aware of several thefts but weren't sure what to make of the situation until they checked the security cameras.
Once they realized they were up against one bad dog, Polson says they called the police.

In houndsight it should have been obvious, based on the items that went missing: pig ears, beef bones, dog food and assorted other treats.
A copy of the pawlice report , obtained by KCTV-5, notes Cato wasn't all that keen on eating the illicit treats, at least not right away.
Instead, he was burying the items behind the store.
After spending some time at the pound, the husky was returned to his owner, who reimbursed the store for the damage.

read or see video here Shoplifting SC husky caught 'red-pawed' - KCTV5
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 06:13 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,150,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Wednesday, a shoplifter that was caught on cam, was put custody but will not speak.
The perp in question is Cato, a dog caught on camera sneaking in and out of the store's sliding doors and stealing items whenever opportunity knocked.
Store manager Anastasia Polson told Fox Carolina they were aware of several thefts but weren't sure what to make of the situation until they checked the security cameras.
Once they realized they were up against one bad dog, Polson says they called the police.

In houndsight it should have been obvious, based on the items that went missing: pig ears, beef bones, dog food and assorted other treats.
A copy of the pawlice report , obtained by KCTV-5, notes Cato wasn't all that keen on eating the illicit treats, at least not right away.
Instead, he was burying the items behind the store.
After spending some time at the pound, the husky was returned to his owner, who reimbursed the store for the damage.

read or see video here Shoplifting SC husky caught 'red-pawed' - KCTV5
Hahaha! Love it!

Reminds me of this:

Old 12-07-2013, 08:18 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times
WTF? No trial? This k9 needs to be tried and judged by his own 4 legged peers. He's making all dogs look bad.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:29 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
No law against what he did. Criminal laws to include theft have elements elements start out "A person commits a offense if". Unless we are going to make him/her a person with rights then its kaput;no crime.Do we really want to start issuing food stamp cards to dogs;I ask you?

Old 12-08-2013, 06:35 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Sam did this when I took him to Petco, he thought anything at his level could go in his mouth! I stopped taking him to Petco for awhile. But, he loved it so much. He would always grab pig ears I spent more money when I took him.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:14 AM

Timing of this light heart crime and thread was needed for this season as there so much seriousness going on.

Other than most items are bulky that they fit better in baskets on bottom shelf I guess it helps out merchant to enticing the patrons at that level.
I sometimes think children with sometimes parents willingly using a blind eye pick items off shelves.

My late sheltie she loved smelling the dry food aisles but she knew the big bones was to much work for her little mouth.

Im surprise cashiers never notice the dogs entering the DG as any place that sells human food pets I believe are not permitted.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 12-08-2013 at 12:17 PM..

Old 12-08-2013, 12:12 PM

22,845 posts, read 6,437,040 times
When I saw the "will not talk" with a smiley face I figured it was one of our 4 legged friends....
Besides I could see Caesar the peke pulling a trick like that..if he could get out of the house...

Old 12-15-2013, 06:28 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
The suspect has a right to remain silent. Anything that he barks may be used against him in a court of claw.

In such case, the judge may very well be a cat.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:13 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Police arrest people all the time who give false names or fake names. That is why they record arrest by fingerprints not names as some have dozens. The record of all crimes by person is keep by fingerprinting and then classified so as to be searchable if arrested again. The original use of fingerprints was to keep criminal records. People have been convicted under false name they gave but record was filed under fingerprint classification and searchable by that.Bascially it look like a math formula a because it assigns value and types to each finger. of course then a expert looks at several to many looking for a exact match.Now days computers read and match one or even partial in a huge data base to a card of rolled fingerprints which contain the single print.Still has to be verified by expert by court rulings.AFIS sytem if interested

Old 12-17-2013, 09:27 PM

Check this pawlice report and see if this pet was accurate or disquise with a mutt..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime