Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 03:58 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unwillingphoenician View Post
I guess people see different things.

Wasn't the sheriff quoted as saying that he didn't care if Avery did it or not, he was going to get him anyway?

And the composite over the mug shot inside a glass-covered frame screamed trophy to me.
Not sure if I heard that testimony about the sheriff...and thinking about it objectively if the police sketch artist believed they got the right guy why shouldn't he be proud of his part in the conviction?... It is a lot about the way people view the same facts differently!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 04:09 PM

988 posts, read 682,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Not sure if I heard that testimony about the sheriff...and thinking about it objectively if the police sketch artist believed they got the right guy why shouldn't he be proud of his part in the conviction?... It is a lot about the way people view the same facts differently!!!
I didn't believe the sketch artist. I thought he was lying. That's not a fact, I guess, just my interpretation.

Old 01-06-2016, 04:32 PM

927 posts, read 968,774 times
https://www.yahoo.com/katiecouric/fo...154605397.html

A good read from excused juror Richard Mahler, who was released on the first day of deliberations for personal reasons. In a recent interview with Yahoo News and Finance Anchor Bianna Golodryga on “Yahoo News Live”.

Old 01-06-2016, 05:37 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
This is the biggest problem I have with evidence used to convict SA: Allegedly, went to extreme measures to clean up any blood at the crime scene of his trailer/garage, a task that is all but impossible. Yet, SA left the vehicle in plain site and put the key inside his bedroom?

This makes no sense at all. Scary justice system we have!

Old 01-06-2016, 05:48 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrider62 View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/katiecouric/fo...154605397.html

A good read from excused juror Richard Mahler, who was released on the first day of deliberations for personal reasons. In a recent interview with Yahoo News and Finance Anchor Bianna Golodryga on “Yahoo News Live”.
If you notice in the documentary that excused jurror started hanging around Brendan's mom and became very "involved" ...some would say overly so...

Old 01-06-2016, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRlaura View Post
No one is disputing the first case. That is done and over with. No one is disputing that our sheriff department is possibly one of the most corrupt (and inept)
SD's in the state if not country.

Without getting into a huge list of specific's, go back and read what Annuvin said a few posts back. That alone is one of the keys to Avery's guilt. And then go into the prison talk forums in the years preceding the Halbach murder. He had a big mouth. The series eliminated so much information I would not know where to start.
Why don't you post a link to the trial transcripts or at least give up some salient points that make you think SA and BD are guilty? As far as prison talk, that is the least reliable hearsay ever!

Old 01-06-2016, 06:06 PM

3,884 posts, read 4,534,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unwillingphoenician View Post

I don't want a guilty man to go free. I mentioned to my wife this morning that it would be a terrible thing if Steven Avery were found innocent simply because the police were corrupt.
I somehow remembered this scene from Primal Fear... *shudder*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbaW0HZ_Qy8

Nevertheless, this documentary on Steven Avery is pretty well done and quite compelling. My husband is right now in the middle of binge watching this because he's home sick from work. I'm sort of listening in the background, but hubby keeps pausing it to explain stuff to me. He's a pretty level headed guy so he'll also look into the rebuttals as well, but he's certainly mesmerized be this.

We're also watching this on the heals of looking into the whole mess in Oregon with the Hammonds, which made me more curious about Militia groups which made me read the Wikipedia article about Ruby Ridge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Ridge

We are not partial to conspiracy theories, but there is absolutely no doubt that agencies that are bestowed with the public trust are capable of being inept and corrupt in some cases and it makes me wary.

Old 01-06-2016, 06:20 PM

927 posts, read 968,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
If you notice in the documentary that excused jurror started hanging around Brendan's mom and became very "involved" ...some would say overly so...
I don't remember that part. He did seem more involved and interviewed than anybody else in the jury though. I don't know if this really leads to anything other than he feels some guilt about the situation and his part in it.

Old 01-06-2016, 06:31 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,819,371 times
Everyone is so easily influenced by "propaganda" which is technically what the documentary is. It is a one sided look at his case that is pushing the agenda of the film makers.

Steven Avery is guilty. He is guilty of many things. Is he guilty of the murder he is in jail for? I don't know but he's not an upstanding member of society. He doused his family's cat and threw it into a fire. That is the behavior of a sociopath. Most serial killers start with animals...and most are white males

Old 01-06-2016, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Everyone is so easily influenced by "propaganda" which is technically what the documentary is. It is a one sided look at his case that is pushing the agenda of the film makers.

Steven Avery is guilty. He is guilty of many things. Is he guilty of the murder he is in jail for? I don't know but he's not an upstanding member of society. He doused his family's cat and threw it into a fire. That is the behavior of a sociopath. Most serial killers start with animals...and most are white males
Can you share with us the evidence you are basing your guilty opinion on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime