Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 01:48 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,384,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I know what you mean, they were unusual because there were two of them working together. Fascinating story that two people SO sick found each other.
Yeah - how did they break the ice?
"So, uh, are you into......really!?...me too!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 02:40 PM

307 posts, read 2,507,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
One of my friends was fascinated with them, and I never really understood why.

seems like some of them are, hmmm, interesting.

Ed Gein - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

he is the inspiration for the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Anyone else find these people disturbingly interesting?

I agree, it is pretty interesting psychological wise.

This page shows all the famous serial killers like Ed Gein

All Serial Killers dot com

Old 02-07-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I have always found them fascinating. Of course very disturbing as well but for some reason endlessly fascinating.

How their minds work and why are they so different then other people. What went wrong to make their minds so mixed up.

Haven't you in your own life, looked at something strange in your behavior and wondered where it came from, like a fear of spiders or being claustrophobic?

The endlessly fascinating question is are these people just born bad, with something physiologically wrong in their brain or does something go wrong in their upbringing.

If you look into the lives of people like Darmer, Gacy, Bundy and Gien, its not clear what went wrong.

I dont really think they were born 'bad'. I think it also has alot to do how they got raised. Ed Gein for example had a very close, almost weird relationship to his mother. His mother always used to talk bad about women in general. But he was a man and he had his needs. Just no clue about women. I guess that's when he ****ed up or something in his mind got ****ed up. Especially after his mother's death. The movie 'psycho' also describes Gein.

Old 02-07-2008, 03:47 PM

2,636 posts, read 6,649,782 times
I love researching the mentality behind serial killers. What makes them tick. What makes them kill. Why they developed the urge to do so in the first place. I think the human mind is such an interesting thing and to delve into the head of what some might call a psychopath can be fascinating.

Old 02-07-2008, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boycew02 View Post
I love researching the mentality behind serial killers. What makes them tick. What makes them kill. Why they developed the urge to do so in the first place. I think the human mind is such an interesting thing and to delve into the head of what some might call a psychopath can be fascinating.

I totally agree. Yet I wouldnt study psychology. I couldnt deal with all the issues of the patients and on top with my own. Im pretty sure each shrink got a personal shrink they go to.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:51 PM

620 posts, read 1,772,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRaZy View Post
I agree, it is pretty interesting psychological wise.

This page shows all the famous serial killers like Ed Gein

All Serial Killers dot com
I love this site! I'm extremely fascinated by serial killers. I also enjoy watching true crime documentaries, so I might be fascinated by crime, in general lol.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:03 AM

214 posts, read 270,681 times
Default Alaskas Serial Killer

Los Angeles, CA (April 20, 2007) – Oak Street Films’ principals Christine Holder and Mark Holder are pleased to announce that they have acquired the rights to Wayne McDaniel’s revenge thriller script "Resurrection Bay", which is loosely based on the life and horrific serial killings of the notorious Robert Hansen.

Hansen was known to have killed at least 17 women, although many reports say the number is probably much higher. Hansen would apprehend his female victims and fly them to a remote wilderness where he would torture, hunt and kill them. He was one of the country’s worst killers. Andrzej Bartkowiak ("Doom", "Romeo Must Die", "Exit Wounds") is attached to direct the film which looks to go into production in 2008 in Alaska and Utah. Christine Holder and Mark Holder are producing through their Oak Street Films production banner.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:51 AM

1,222 posts, read 5,019,535 times
There's a great series that I've seen called "Most Evil". It basically deals with serial killers and ranks them on a scale. They also really get into the killer's history and try to determine what their tipping point was.

I can't remember which channel it's on though... either Nat'l Geo or maybe Discovery Times? Anyone interested in serial killers should definitely see it... they bring out several that I've never heard of before. Good stuff... in a sick sort of way.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Samadhi View Post
I love this site! I'm extremely fascinated by serial killers. I also enjoy watching true crime documentaries, so I might be fascinated by crime, in general lol.

I like documentaries about that topic myself. Did anyone see the documantary about Gein??? When they found the 'human art pieces' he made??? I havent, but my sister did. She said it was better than any horror movie has been out.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:01 PM

335 posts, read 1,028,980 times
I feel that many serial killers, socio-paths are deeply disturbed and usually suffer from personality disorders. There is a common theme amoung serial killers and socio-paths
1. A history of severe physically abuse during childhood
2. They have been sexually abused
3. Mentally abused by a parent
4. Anti-social
These all combined with a pre-existing personality disorder is a dangerous recipe. Sympathy? For a human being but not the monster or the crime. One must always consider what got them from sane to insane in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime