Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2016, 10:29 PM

150 posts, read 180,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb100 View Post
And how strange that the Ramseys did not go to the police with this important evidence about the time frame that the kidnappers were restricted to.
It's like they didn't even talk to Burke. He was the last one up apparently. He even told Dr. Phil he was out and about in the house. He undoubtedly killed JonBenet single handedly. John and Patsy covered it up. There wasn't ANY signs of a struggle in her room which would've been the case had some stranger come in there. No one heard any screams. This was an inside job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2016, 10:29 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Something, maybe the duct tape, was found in a trash can in the alley by the neighbor's house, I think.

I thought it turned out that John was only sitting in his study when they thought he was missing. Anyone know?

Old 09-24-2016, 10:36 PM

3,531 posts, read 3,732,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloominOnion View Post
It's like they didn't even talk to Burke. He was the last one up apparently. He even told Dr. Phil he was out and about in the house. He undoubtedly killed JonBenet single handedly. John and Patsy covered it up. There wasn't ANY signs of a struggle in her room which would've been the case had some stranger come in there. No one heard any screams. This was an inside job.
That is the only way the coverup theory works in any capacity. Neither John or Patsy strangled their daughter. But it falls apart as now modern DNA evidence (touch DNA) was found. You couldn't pull touch DNA from clothes in 1996 I don't think. No touch DNA from anyone in the home on the body or clothing. "Well they changed her clothes." Changed her clothes but left the ligature tight around her neck? Wouldn't make sense.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:41 PM

1,177 posts, read 1,131,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I thought he graduated from Purdue. And frankly, I'm amazed that he's as sane as he is after what he went through after his sister was murdered.

I'm still puzzled as to why he agreed to be interviewed after what the media did--and is still doing--to him.
I'm guessing his lawyer made him do it.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:42 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,175,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free-R View Post
Can't see them having the rational thinking to consider Burke's future while their daughter is still technically alive. What the theory that they did a coverup suggests would frankly take a lot of planning. Just isn't something I can see they made up on the spot when they never expected to find their daughter on the brink of death, especially since the head wound caused no outward, visible blood from what I understand.
They had plenty of time to plan. They had all night to come up with a cover story, write the ransom note, etc. As was discovered, there were some "practice" ransom notes that had been written prior to the actual ransom note.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:44 PM

1,047 posts, read 1,014,321 times
Some posters keep saying that Burke said he went downstairs that night with a flashlight and ate some pineapple, or at least a snack. On his Dr. Phil appearance the doctor attempted to place in his mouth the words that he used a flashlight and he said he remembered nothing about a flashlight. I haven't been able to find where he said anything about eating anything at that time.

Also, John supposedly said he used a flashlight to put Burke to bed, but nowhere do they say it was the same flashlight that was later found, and which he never really claimed as his. He can hardly say now it was the same one after claiming not to recognize it that morning.

Just trying to keep the case from being clogged with more urban myths.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
They had all night to come up with a cover story, write the ransom note, etc. As was discovered, there were some "practice" ransom notes that had been written prior to the actual ransom note.
They had two practice ransom notes I believe.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:53 PM

3,531 posts, read 3,732,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
They had plenty of time to plan. They had all night to come up with a cover story, write the ransom note, etc. As was discovered, there were some "practice" ransom notes that had been written prior to the actual ransom note.
The official cause of death has all the hallmarks of an experienced killer, and I have no idea why the case was never treated as such. Two separate, guaranteed fatal wounds. This was intent to kill and not an accident IMO.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-25-2016 at 08:41 AM.. Reason: post #s change

Old 09-24-2016, 11:05 PM

150 posts, read 180,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee17 View Post
I'm guessing his lawyer made him do it.

Remember when Burke said he did the interview because he wanted to "honor his sister." Here's the video of Lin Wood stating right away that he did that interview because of the CBS special. He's also going to sue CBS for millions and millions of dollars.

https://www.yahoo.com/katiecouric/ra...145600049.html

Old 09-24-2016, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloominOnion View Post
Remember when Burke said he did the interview because he wanted to "honor his sister." Here's the video of Lin Wood stating right away that he did that interview because of the CBS special. He's also going to sue CBS for millions and millions of dollars.

https://www.yahoo.com/katiecouric/ra...145600049.html
Burke is a liar and I'm guessing mentally disturbed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime