Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2016, 07:10 PM

21 posts, read 25,500 times

Advertisements

I think In_New England (Post #133) has done a spectacular job in trying to figure out what might have happened that night. I'm with her.

Based on the information we have been given (including contradictory information), I am now leaning toward Burke accidentally doing this. I still can't wrap my head around John doing those awful things to his daughter, but if one factors in the stress and panic, I guess anything is possible. I remember listening to the 911 call with Burke talking in the background and the parents reaction to him, saying "we aren't talking to you." Extremely bizarre reaction to their now only living child.

That is my opinion at this moment, subject to change!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2016, 07:10 PM

26,696 posts, read 26,749,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
I just looked at the autopsy report. It says cause of death was asphyxia by strangulation associated with craniocerebral trauma.
You're right. She was still alive during the strangling. The blow to her head was the killer's attempt to make sure that she was dead.

"The blow to the head was VERY invasive. The lack of blood from that wound (under her skin or from her ears, nose, mouth or eyes) prove she was very near death at that time and the garotte already in place. The was tightened twice. The blow could have been between those tightening minutes or after."
-previous thread

'Adams County Coroner Mike Dobersen said he reviewed the autopsy photographs and thinks there would have been much more internal bleeding inside the brain if JonBenét had been struck first and strangled later.'
-From the Boulder Daily Camera, 2001

Old 09-14-2016, 07:14 PM

26,696 posts, read 26,749,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb100 View Post
There has never been any report that her own blood and tissue were under her nails as they would have been and the medical examiner was in a better position judge what the red marks were.
From what I've read, her own flesh was found underneath her fingernails because she was clawing at the noose while he strangled her.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:18 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,026,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb100 View Post
The autopsy said that the cause of death was strangling following a blow to the head. .
No, it doesn't. It says exactly the way I worded it in the post above yours. Exactly. Signed by the Office of the Boulder County Coroner, John E. Meyer, MD, Pathologist.

Look it up. It's a PDF. Autopsy No. 96A-155.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:24 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,026,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
You're right. She was still alive during the strangling. The blow to her head was the killer's attempt to make sure that she was dead.

"The blow to the head was VERY invasive. The lack of blood from that wound (under her skin or from her ears, nose, mouth or eyes) prove she was very near death at that time and the garotte already in place. The was tightened twice. The blow could have been between those tightening minutes or after."
-previous thread

'Adams County Coroner Mike Dobersen said he reviewed the autopsy photographs and thinks there would have been much more internal bleeding inside the brain if JonBenét had been struck first and strangled later.'
-From the Boulder Daily Camera, 2001
Instead of believing and repeating what people who never saw or examined her have said, why don't you look at the actual autopsy report. Who cares what Adams Co. Coroner said; he didn't do the autopsy. Who cares what the Boulder Daily Camera said; they didn't do the autopsy.

Do a Bing search for Autopsy results for Jon Benet Ramsey. The first thing to pop up will be a PDF of the actual autopsy report.

I personally couldn't care less what exterior people have said. They, like us, are guessing.

This is a huge reason society is so screwed. They believe every little thing they see without researching FACTS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Controversy in opinion among experts, comes down to which expert you decide to believe.
It shouldn't. Stop thinking blathering idiots are experts.

Read the actual report. That's the only thing you should believe.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:27 PM

1,177 posts, read 1,130,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock4 View Post
I don't understand the three-page note. If Patsy had written it as a cover-up, why on Earth would it go on for three pages? That just creates more chances for mistakes in trying to mask your own handwriting. There is no way you could attempt to change the way you form letters for three entire pages and not make numerous mistakes.

Also, Americans seldom use the word "attaché" but instead use the word "briefcase". I think I have heard someone stay "attache" probably 10 times in my life and I have worked in a professional field.

I think the Ramseys were not involved, although some actions were strange like allowing all those people in your home. Wouldn't you be frantic to protect the crime scene of a kidnapping to aid in the search for your child? The police also thoroughly screwed up, especially by not conducting an intensive search in all rooms and not immediately securing the entire property.

Burke has some social issues, perhaps, but no way did a 9 year old write that note or use a garrote like that. He would have no way of hauling her to the basement, nor would 2 young kids go to that creepy place alone. Also, no way could he have broken off the paint brush for the part used as a garrote. I think a stun gun was used by someone lurking in the house.

But the note still a major mystery . . .
I've never heard attaché without it reffering to this case. Also, a funny weird to pick considering it's similar to her name. It has the accent mark on the e.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
Instead of there being 3 or 4, why not just keep it to 1 thread?

Easier to keep track if it all is one place. There were two going concurrently and you get the same information on both threads. Having just one helps keep it all in one place.
Honestly, the mods should have merged the threads and locked the Dr. Phil one as we were already talking about Dr. Phil on the third thread.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
It's possible that they didn't know or didn't think about preserving a crime scene. But the note said not to tell anyone. Don't tell a stray dog or she's dead. In light of that, WHY ON EARTH would you call every single person you knew to have them come over to the house?
To mess up the crime scene and get as much DNA in there as possible so any of the family's DNA was seen as touch. John Ramsey was a controlling and smart man. If he really wanted to find the killer, if it was not him or his kin, he would have never allowed Patsy to do that or did what he did to the crime scene. The Ramsey's purposely compromised the crime scene.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
YES! It absolutely does! I have always been of the opinion that there was no "bed time" at the Ramsey household that night.

Really, how many women here, sleep in their clothes? How many people? I am sure that Patsy had elaborate and expensive night time apparel. And a night time "beauty routine" - removing make up, washing her face, under eye cream, hydrating cream. She was fastidious about her appearance and had the money to do such things. I'm sure that many of us also have fairly elaborate bedtime beauty routines. Why not patsy?

I just can't see her sleeping in her clothes - I can't even see her putting the same outfit on for the second day in a row. I don't do that.

The only person who had a "bedtime" in that house was Jonbenet. And hers was eternal.
Just as I don't believe, I think it was in the A&E special, when she told LE she changed her undies but put on the same clothes. WTF? You got completely naked (I don't recall if she shower) to put on a new bra and undies, but decided to wear the same clothes as the day before? Just as sleep or not, there's no way Burke didn't hear what happened, their bedrooms were on the same floor.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:40 PM

150 posts, read 180,832 times
I don't believe either theory fully but a couple of things I thought of are:

The footprint in the wine cellar could've been the house 'help.' John had workers in there to put away and take out Christmas decorations. Plus, obviously if it was an intruder they got rid of all evidence.

Second this is, what if the intruder came in the house another time and took the paper and pen? I know it's a stretch but what if they were that skilled at being a psychopathic freak, they thought of every last detail? I'm curious now because the Ramsey's had so many people in and out and if it was an intruder, it was premeditated. What better way to keep the heat of your trail if you implicate the parents? Could someone have been that much of a mastermind? What if they broke in before all of this to get the paintbrush and notepad?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime