Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2016, 06:17 PM

189 posts, read 166,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Fleet and Priscilla Whites December 2014 interview...

Reserve borg comments, this is about the Whites not Peter Boyle.

Peter Boyles interviews Alan Prendergast and Fleet and Priscilla White

Peter Boyles interviews Alan Prendergast and Fleet and Priscilla White

Whites Criminal Justice Records Request
Wow, thanks for these links. This is red meat. But, ugh! 20 minutes into the Boyle interview, and I'm really not sure I can endure it all. The Whites I hang on every word, but the reporter is clearly biased, and Boyle is so transparent it's... words fail. Painful, I guess, is the best word. But I'm gonna try to hang in there, keep my mind open. I want to hear what the Whites have to say.

One thing all the people hyping the grand jury vote fail to mention is that grand juries hear only the prosecution's case. They hear no defense whatsoever. Their job is solely to determine if there is enough evidence to indict. Not convict, indict.

Prosecutors see ALL the evidence, both law enforcement and defense. The Ramseys never would have been convicted of those bizarre charges, but they would have been lynched in the court of public opinion. I think a lot of people think that would have been just fine. The prosecutor saved the taxpayers of Colorado a big pile of money that would have gone down the drain by not signing that indictment.

One consolation for RDIs: grand jury was smart enough not to charge murder, which has no statute of limitations, so there would be no double jeopardy if anyone ever decides they do have enough evidence to bring murder charges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2016, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
The same could be said about the Ramseys' treatment of the White family, whose small daughter was JonBenet's best friend at the time of the murder. This is the child about whom Patsy spoke slightingly, citing JonBenet's beauty and "personality" as being factors which led to her claimed enjoyment of the pageants, while stating that the White's little daughter lacked these characteristics.

Right, she more or less stated that her child's best friend, a six or seven year old little girl, was not cute or pretty and lacked personality. Later, both Ramseys threw the adult Whites under the bus, claiming that perhaps they should be viewed as suspects in JonBenet's death.

Says a lot about Patsy, right there...
I did not interpret her statement that way. It was certainly a poor choice of words and not very sensitive, but what it sounds to me like she was referring to was JBR's gregarious nature and her enthusiasm for those things pageants involved. The way I read it is that aspects of pageants, such as getting makeup and hair done, and really fancy outfits, and getting up in front of a crowd to perform, were attractive to JBR and weren't attractive to Daphne. I think that's what Patsy meant. While it may have been said unartfully, and she may even have been mistaken about it, I don't think what she really meant by it was that Daphne wasn't as pretty or charming or anything like that. There's no indication I know of anywhere else of Patsy thinking that way.

Old 10-18-2016, 07:38 PM

26,726 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meibomius View Post
Wow, thanks for these links. This is red meat. But, ugh! 20 minutes into the Boyle interview, and I'm really not sure I can endure it all. The Whites I hang on every word, but the reporter is clearly biased
I agree that Boyle and Prendergast are far from neutral.

Quote:
One thing all the people hyping the grand jury vote fail to mention is that grand juries hear only the prosecution's case. They hear no defense whatsoever. Their job is solely to determine if there is enough evidence to indict. Not convict, indict.

Prosecutors see ALL the evidence, both law enforcement and defense. The Ramseys never would have been convicted of those bizarre charges...
True. That was pointed out over and over again on some past threads, but there are many who still believe that the GJ evidence was enough to convict them.

There's a screen shot of the GJ summaries on another forum. When you zoom in, you can read the evidence that the GJ heard to come to their indictment: the fact that the RN was written on the Ramseys' notepad, that PR denied knowing about the pineapple, the 911 tape enhancement, prior vaginal trauma, paintbrush linked to PR's paint tray, the fact that the Ramseys did not have an armed security person accompany Burke as he exited his school, bla, bla.

Old 10-18-2016, 07:57 PM

Quote:
I don't want to let the cat out of the bag yet as to exactly what I'm looking at, because I like to be clear on the reliability of a source, but for anyone who is curious about what I have related above so cryptically, there's no reason you shouldn't see it if the rest of the world can. You will find the exchange on Erin M.'s Facebook page, in guest posts. I'll give away the ending, though: I fumbled the ball.
No reply from EM still, so I think she's dismissed me. I'm not going to give up just yet, though. If anything develops, I'll keep you posted.
Well, I said I'd keep you posted.

Just heard back, and Moriarty says (it should be there on FB) she just doesn't have time to wrangle with an old case. Whaaaa? A zillion specials and articles about it in the last month, and it's just an "old case."? Well, at least she got back to me, I can't gripe about that. And I'm not giving up, since it's something she could answer (or plainly say she won't answer) in about 30 seconds.

I'm not sure just what is the best way to go about it now. But I really hate making points based on unverified information, and then later maybe looking like a fool. No rush.I don't mean to build it up like I'm going to blow the case wide open, or anything. But I do think it will be a new way to look at some things for a lot of people, and might just cause some people to rethink a thing or two.

Old 10-18-2016, 08:41 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Just looked this up and the story that Det Smit cut off jameson is also from Thomas’s book, another apparent untruth.

From jameson's rebuttal of info in Thomas’s book:

"Thomas correctly reported that Lou Smit and I spoke on a regular basis - and there is nothing wrong in what we were doing. I was in touch with many people and was passing tips to Boulder - to Hunter, Smit and the BPD. I don't deny that. I know at least some of our conversations were recorded - and Lou told me he was writing reports on what I brought to him.

But Thomas incorrectly identified what Lou and I spoke about. When I got the book, I called Lou and asked him if we ever had the conversation Thomas described. Lou said no. I hadn't thought so. Obviously Thomas wrote a fictional account describing what HE THOUGHT Lou and I spoke of - and the readers would have no idea that Thomas was simply making it up - more Thomas Twist.

Thomas LIED when he wrote that Smit had been attempting to NOT document our conversations. Lou Smit made it clear to me from the start that he was discussing me with others - and that reports were going in the files. Thomas Twist.

Thomas said that Lou Smit "pledged to stop any 'direct contact' with her." That is another out and out lie. Never happened."

02181999pmpt-pg373-374.htm
(PMPT = Perfect Murder, Perfect Town)
Just saw this from the am...

Haven't read Steve Thomas' book, never will. The man should've been shown the door along with Arndt, imo.

I saw the convo / depo about Shapiro and jameson between Smit and JRamsey on Stines page in acandyrose.

Old 10-19-2016, 09:19 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,896,554 times
Quote:
I did not interpret her statement that way. It was certainly a poor choice of words and not very sensitive, but what it sounds to me like she was referring to was JBR's gregarious nature and her enthusiasm for those things pageants involved. The way I read it is that aspects of pageants, such as getting makeup and hair done, and really fancy outfits, and getting up in front of a crowd to perform, were attractive to JBR and weren't attractive to Daphne. I think that's what Patsy meant. While it may have been said unartfully, and she may even have been mistaken about it, I don't think what she really meant by it was that Daphne wasn't as pretty or charming or anything like that. There's no indication I know of anywhere else of Patsy thinking that way.
Well, I hope you're right. Somewhere, probably in either PMPT or Steve Thomas's book, there is an account of the Whites' daughter asking her mother, Priscilla White, if she could participate in the pageants and wear fancy costumes like her friend JonBenet. She was told no: "That's not what we do in this family. Some people do pageants and other people don't. We do other things". (I am paraphrasing).

It would be interesting but not particularly relevant to finding the elusive solution to JonBenet's murder to learn just what sort of organized childhood activities the White children DID take part in: Sports? Music lessons? Scouts? All pretty much the standard for middle to upper class American kids of this generation (and many other generations, before and after), and included in both Burke and JonBenet's many activities. The pageants stood out by contrast.

However....I do not think the pageants themselves had much if anything to do with JonBenet's murder, as it is said that attendance was very carefully monitored and limited to family members and close, well-known family friends. No way an unknown child molester could sneak in...but of course, there are funny uncles and other relatives who are pedophiles, and nothing would have precluded their attendance at such events. Nor was anyone kept away from seeing JonBenet riding on the Christmas parade float as "Little Miss Colorado", although it seems doubtful that such a passing view of the child could have led someone to kill her.

So many pieces of the puzzle which just don't fit any of the various popular scenarios...

Old 10-19-2016, 09:25 AM

7,072 posts, read 4,818,181 times
Quote:
Well, I said I'd keep you posted.

Just heard back, and Moriarty says (it should be there on FB) she just doesn't have time to wrangle with an old case. Whaaaa? A zillion specials and articles about it in the last month, and it's just an "old case."? Well, at least she got back to me, I can't gripe about that. And I'm not giving up, since it's something she could answer (or plainly say she won't answer) in about 30 seconds.

I'm not sure just what is the best way to go about it now. But I really hate making points based on unverified information, and then later maybe looking like a fool. No rush.I don't mean to build it up like I'm going to blow the case wide open, or anything. But I do think it will be a new way to look at some things for a lot of people, and might just cause some people to rethink a thing or two.
Well, on the facebook page it doesn't look like she's denying that it was her making those statements. She also says she stands behind all transcipts. She seems to recognize what you're referring to, just doesn't want to discuss it.

If there's no way to private message her, I don't see how you can proceed, she pretty much shut you down.

Old 10-19-2016, 09:39 AM

26,726 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
It would be interesting but not particularly relevant to finding the elusive solution to JonBenet's murder to learn just what sort of organized childhood activities the White children DID take part in
I agree that it isn't relevant at all. (At least we're not debating pineapple wallpaper, though... )

Old 10-19-2016, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
Well, on the facebook page it doesn't look like she's denying that it was her making those statements. She also says she stands behind all transcipts. She seems to recognize what you're referring to, just doesn't want to discuss it.

If there's no way to private message her, I don't see how you can proceed, she pretty much shut you down.
That's one way her answers can be interpreted, but without explicit confirmation that leaves me pretty much where I was before.

I've already thought of three different avenues I can contact her, but I'll have to give it some thought and proceed with care, so as not to alienate her, especially if she is trying to send that message subtly.

Old 10-19-2016, 05:09 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,677,767 times
Those interviews were very good. Thank you for posting them. Although my attention seemed to veer away at times due to the announcer talking too much, it did clear up one thing that I always thought was weird. I had always read that Fleet White told JR to go on CNN and it never made sense because FW wanted the Ramseys to go back to Boulder and talk to the police, not go on CNN.

On the interview, FW says that he didn't even KNOW they were going on CNN. Priscilla said that when she found out, she helped Patsy to get dressed for the tv show (which I had read before) and told PR to take off the huge diamond ring and the mink coat.

Did anyone get any idea of who the Whites think did it? I know they keep saying they want all the GJ information released so that they can be cleared of what Krebs said about a pedophile ring but was there anything in what they said or how they said it that could be interpreted to mean that they think they know what happened? They did say they want it to all come out, but that's all I heard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime