Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2016, 06:40 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
There were 2 baseball bats,

We discussed it since Burkes interview, I told you he said the bats his; now you come up with a two bat story or should I say Lou did. So are they talkikng about a bat inside the house or outside?
Where is the north window? Very possible Burke had more than one bat.

Last edited by virgode; 10-24-2016 at 06:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2016, 07:26 PM

26,727 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
now you come up with a two bat story or should I say Lou did.
There were always 2 bats, each apparently found in a different location.

The BPD search warrant removed 2 bats (items 3 GLI and 74 BAB on the Search Warrant) from the home. One of the bats appeared to have been identified as belonging to Burke.
Article from BoulderNews Ramsey Archive

Old 10-24-2016, 10:44 PM

6 posts, read 5,204 times
[quote=JenCrimeSolver;45781059]I didn't watch the thing with Dr. Phil but I watched the one on Dateline.

I will never believe the theory that an intruder came through the window because one the web was not removed. If someone did come through the window don't you think the cobweb would have been destroyed. Another thing is the suitcase. Who put it there?

An intruder wouldn't know where the suitcase was. Also, an intruder would be leaving a mess. Also, was there anything else in the house that looked out of place? Also, the note pages being left on the step. I think it is odd that it would be left there.

We need to look at this from a fresh perspective.

I think JonBent got up because she wet the bed and I think it's likely that maybe she changed into different pajamas before she headed downstairs. We know she had pineapple and the prints found on the bowl were Pasty and Burke.

So, we have to think what could have happen afterwards.

Let's go to the intruder theory.

What was the size of the window? The length of the window has to be included too!

This is just theory but we have to think about a person's body shape. I think that would be a clue because we could narrow down the fields in thinking what the person's weight would have to be? They would have to be really thin to be able to fit without touching the side that had the cobweb on it.

Hey, let's go with this theory. If there was staff helped to take care of the Ramsey house, wouldn't they have a key. I would think they would if they needed to get in if the family wasn't always at home. Does anyone know if there were people who helped out at the family home.

Were all the doors checked for fingerprints?

Old 10-25-2016, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenCrimeSolver View Post
An intruder wouldn't know where the suitcase was.
The suitcase was moved AFTER the intruder was already in the house. H/she may have moved it to see if he could get out that way.

Quote:
We know she had pineapple and the prints found on the bowl were Pasty and Burke.
Pineapple would not have made it into her intestine if she had eaten it late that night. (We're assuming that she was dead by 2 a.m.)

Quote:
What was the size of the window? This is just theory but we have to think about a person's body shape. I think that would be a clue...
Scroll back. Plenty of LE climbed through that window.

Quote:
If there was staff helped to take care of the Ramsey house, wouldn't they have a key.
Scroll back. Many neighbors, family members, friends and people who did work for the Ramseys were in possession of a key to the home.

Old 10-25-2016, 08:53 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
Quote:
They did leave after she was dead, which is why they didn’t have time to go back and get the ransom note.
They would've left immediately after the strangulation without hiding the body, staging the crime scene to imply a sex crime, and writing the note.

There was a lack of foreign artifact at the location of the urine and the wine cellar. The body had been handled a number of times and contaminated before the police examination.

Last edited by lchoro; 10-25-2016 at 09:07 AM..

Old 10-25-2016, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
They would've left immediately after the strangulation without hiding the body, staging the crime scene to imply a sex crime, and writing the note.
Hiding the body? He killed her in the basement. (How else could he have grabbed the paint brush and broken it to use as a garrote? It was right there, with PR's art supplies.) He was tightening and loosening the cord around her neck as part of his erotic game. Sometime after that, he fashioned the garrote, accidentally strangled her, then hit her on the head to make sure she was dead....and split, fast. The RN was written hours before, during the period that the Ramseys were at the Whites.

Quote:
There was a lack of foreign artifact at the location of the urine and the wine cellar.
No lack of foreign artifact there, either. And the wine cellar is right next to the boiler room, the latter of which was probably where she was murdered. Basement layout: http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...1&d=1342981381

Old 10-25-2016, 01:32 PM

Quote:
There were always 2 bats, each apparently found in a different location.

The BPD search warrant removed 2 bats (items 3 GLI and 74 BAB on the Search Warrant) from the home. One of the bats appeared to have been identified as belonging to Burke.
Article from BoulderNews Ramsey Archive
If LE recovered two bats, both bats belonged to Burke. Its been settled on dr phils interview.

Old 10-25-2016, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I now think (due to the help of a previous poster) that Priscilla was only saying that she knew what the police were up to. She and Fleet both felt strongly that the Ramseys should talk to the police, not go on tv in Atlanta.
It does seem that the Whites were clued into something from the police that the Ramseys may not have been aware of.

"JOHN RAMSEY: And we came back to Boulder and it was extremely difficult. Patsy, as we came over that hill coming down the valley, Patsy broke down in tears. We almost turned around and went back to stay in Denver. But we were coming back to help with how, you know, what we could help with. And we sat down with Mike Bynum the next morning and he said, (Look, there's something you aught to know. Here's what the police are doing. And they refuse to release your daughter's body for burial until you came in for an interrogation.̃ And he was in tears.

LOU SMIT: Now this was after June?

JOHN RAMSEY: This was after June. He said, "I took care of it." He said, "We had a lot of shouting matches and it was taken care of. But you need to understand these people are not your friends." So we kind of sat back and said, "whoa." And that set the or reset our perception against, I guess, of what was really going And so, then we offered -- I remember once offered -- we were in very bad shape. We were in shock, we were on medication. We went to bed at 6 o'clock at night. And we offered -- until we finally worked out
we're okay. We're going to come in Wednesday morning when the police came back and said, "No, no, no. Six o'clock Friday night we want you to be here alone." We're not even capable of holding a conversation that time of day. And it was, to us, very obvious what they're trying to do. And so this whole arena of trust just went from, frankly, total trust on the morning of the 26th to zero trust by two weeks later. And it never has gotten any better. And so it's been very frustrating for us as we look at our daughter and the life of the precious child that was lost and we're dealing with all this pettiness. And then one detective said, "Well, you know, there's a lot of careers on the line here.̃ And my answer was, "Careers? I don't even care about careers. And that's the problem. Your motive is wrong.̃ But, you know, we've been hurt as much as we can be hurt. Nobody can hurt us anymore. Let's sit down and figure out who the heck did this. But we never could seem to get to that point where there was an honest effort on
both parties' parts.

LOU SMIT: You know, gentlemen, I know this is going to be a tough question. I'm kind of winging it here. But some people even say that no matter what, a parent would come in. even if you were feeling bad. How do you answer that?

JOHN RAMSEY: We've made lot's of offers to come in. the day after the 27th they came over the Fernies where we were staying, in horribly bad shape. I slept on the floor that night and then we did well to get up the next day. The police came in and we sat and talked with them. They said, "Well, you know, we really want you to come down to the station for an interview.̃ We said, "Look, we will talk to you the following
morning. But we can't leave this sanctuary, this home." It was just beyond our mental capacity to get up, get dressed, go out into the media frenzy, which was starting to develop. And there's always been that offer on our part. And it was always rejected in the condition, in such a manner that we said, look, these people are up to no good as far as we're concerned. So, yeah, if could have called out the National Guard, I would have, if it had been in power. That was my first reaction that morning. Let's close the airport, let's put up roadblocks. What we got to do here? But I finally just lost total confidence in the Boulder Police. There's no sense. We stared our own investigation last summer because we, we didn't think anybody else was investigating the crime.

MIKE KANE: John's attorney said there were certain conditions and they were put on. What conditions are you talking about specifically so we can --

JOHN RAMSEY: By the police?

MIKE KANE: Yeah.

JOHN RAMSEY: Well, on the 27th, they said, "Well, we want you to come to the police station.̃ We said, "We're mentally not capable.̃ Our family doctor was there. He said Patsy was in no condition to leave this house. They said, (Well, we've got to have you come to the police station." I said why, he said, "Well we have records there we want to pull out and look at." And we said, "We can't. If you come here we'll spend as much time as you want. But we physically cannot be there.̃ And that's when Mike Bynum stepped in and said, wait a minute, time out. And he was there delivering food; he's a friend of mine and he happened to be an attorney and he smelled a rat, frankly.

LOU SMIT: Now this was while you were at Fernie's?

JOHN RAMSEY: Um hmm.

LOU SMIT: Is that the first time that you contacted the lawyer, that they contacted you?

JOHN RAMSEY: He was there. He was bringing food over from Pasta Jay's, and just happened to be there when the police were trying to haul us down to the police station, and he said time out. He took me inside and he said, "John, there's some things going here. Would you allow me to do what I think is necessary?̃ and I said, "Of course."

LOU SMIT: And what did he do, John?

JOHN RAMSEY: I don't remember, but you'd have to ask him, I guess. But I suspect what he did is take the police aside and say, stop. You cannot do what you're doing to these people. And he arranged to bring Bryan in and Pat and we're just kind of on autopilot there. And frankly, skeptical, why did we need to do this. But as time went on we became more and more confused of what the police trying to do."

Old 10-25-2016, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
If LE recovered two bats, both bats belonged to Burke. Its been settled on dr phils interview.
I don't see where the second bat was mentioned.

Old 10-25-2016, 09:28 PM

Quote:
I don't see where the second bat was mentioned.
I'm pretty sure Dr Phil did his homework before posing the question, but if its wrong anyone feel free to correct it.

Lou Smits and JRs transcript is 18-19 yrs old.

The bat that couldn't be identified was the one dr phil asked Burke about. Theres no need to ask Burke about the other bat, bc its already understood it was Burkes.

Don't remember what John said about the bats in his depos....Patsys overall recalls poor on many questions, I don't believe she could answer with certainty.

.... the longest statement Patsy made in any of her depos was with Tom Haney on Priscilla White you recently posted. Priscilla never discussed publicly what was said to Nedra that day; so, how would we know Patsys statements correct particularly on the exact same day she were over-medicated while doing her CNN interview?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime