Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2016, 04:44 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Actually, I just finished a part about that in her book. She said that the parents didn't go out to theaters to see movies since they had a huge screen in their home; they rented videos. All the videos that were in the home were children's movies. LE combed through rental video receipts from surrounding stores but could not find any rentals of the movies that tied in with the RN ("Dirty Harry," "Ruthless People," "Nick of Time," or "Speed"; "Ransom" was playing in theaters at that time).
Lack of rental receipts in Boulder isn't proof JR never saw movies tied with the ransom note.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2016, 05:03 PM

Quote:

The DNA of the Caucasian male that was mixed with JBR's blood in her underwear, and which the BPD kept from the DA's office for quite awhile (and which understandably pissed off Hunter), was used to clear multiple people in 1997. "
If this is Hunters statement, I don't believe him. How is BPD withholding from the DAs office when the DNA in JB underwears clearing ppl in early 1997..

Old 10-29-2016, 08:46 PM

189 posts, read 166,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Lack of rental receipts in Boulder isn't proof JR never saw movies tied with the ransom note.
Well, yeah, you're right, it's not. What it is, is lack of any evidence that they did. But if one or both were fixated on such movies to that degree that they'd so stupidly incriminate themselves, you'd think there'd be at least one little scintilla of evidence that they were (at least, beyond perhaps, maybe, being among millions upon millions of Americans who watched and enjoyed those movies; unless, maybe, they had premeditated the murder and were covering up in advance, is that the idea?). Those movies were enormously popular. What proof is it of murder if they happened to watch them and like them, just like millions of other people? Is that really your idea of meaningful evidence?

Old 10-29-2016, 08:55 PM

189 posts, read 166,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Who was released other than Ramseys based on DNA alone? The couple suspects I can think of weren't in Boulder at the time. Remember, most of the suspects were cleared before 2000 and the touch dna was not performed until 2008.
Gary Howard Oliva, for one. If there is any credible, conceivable reason at all besides DNA to exclude him as a suspect, please share.

Old 10-29-2016, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meibomius View Post
Is that really your idea of meaningful evidence?
Did I indicate its meaningful evidence?

My post means precisely what it said.

Old 10-29-2016, 09:21 PM

Quote:

The DNA of the Caucasian male that was mixed with JBR's blood in her underwear, and which the BPD kept from the DA's office for quite awhile (and which understandably pissed off Hunter),
Alex Hunter was tape recorded, a rather shady character himself.

Shiller talked about it in his book.

JonBenet Ramsey Murder Case: The Denver Post

I can get you Eller's resume."
Later, Hunter hands over to Shapiro a copy of Eller's resume and tells the reporter to look into an old sexual harassment allegation against Eller.
"When do you think that could come out?" Hunter is quoted as saying. "I hate that (expletive.)"

Old 10-29-2016, 11:25 PM

3,531 posts, read 3,732,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meibomius View Post
Gary Howard Oliva, for one. If there is any credible, conceivable reason at all besides DNA to exclude him as a suspect, please share.
What evidence is there that a person unknown to the family would've even known JBR was in pageants? John's business info was public, but I remember reading somewhere that John said he was surprised that videos of JBR's pageant material were leaked/sold to the press. He said they were intended to be a private family thing, and a lot of what the case became was a media creation due to the pageant angle. As in, if JBR's pageant info was never printed publicly, it is highly doubtful a complete stranger did this. If it's IDI, it's someone known by the family in some capacity, or they at least knew a bit about their goings-on.

The complete stranger IDI theory isn't very plausible.

Old 10-30-2016, 07:13 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
John didn"t own a plane?

According to depo he left to check on a plane day of the 25th; whose plane did he plan to pilot to Charlevoix on the 26th?
A & E Doc:

"Reports said that John Ramsey piloted his family in their private jet.

Charlie Brennan: I was told he flew it so I reported he flew it.

Man: Did you subsequently follow up on that story?

C Brennan: I didn't subsequently follow up on that story because in the early days that did not stand out as something in my mind that needed a lot of scrutiny, and as soon as I say that, I suspect that what one's concern might be is that creates an image of a man that may be is the wrong image. I mean maybe - perhaps you can tell me it wasn't his own plane or that he didn't fly it.

Man: It wasn't his own plane and he didn't fly it. Access Graphics, John Ramsey's company, had now been bought by Lockheed Martin and they'd sent one of their company jets."

Old 10-30-2016, 07:16 AM

Quote:
If this is Hunters statement, I don't believe him. How is BPD withholding from the DAs office when the DNA in JB underwears clearing ppl in early 1997..
From the JB II thread:

Quote:
"Two weeks after the murder, the results of a DNA test came back to the police. A drop of JonBenet's blood found in her underpants was mixed with the DNA of a Caucasian male, and no member of the Ramsey family was a match. It was six months before that report reached the DA's office."

Is this true? Two weeks after the murder?

In 1999, just before the grand jury was about to be sworn in, the internationally recognised forensic expert Henry Lee was brought in. Yes, he suggested, the DNA in the underpants was not the Ramseys', but who was to say it was the murderer's? It could have been left there at any time, from the point of manufacture onwards.

'They were going to test all the Bloomingdales factory workers in Hong Kong, until they realised it wouldn't have made any difference,' says Bob Grant, former District Attorney for Adams County and adviser to the grand jury. 'I can make the whole argument - it came from the factory, it came from the cleaners, it came from the pants being placed in a hamper with other clothes that had other foreign DNA on them - it could have come from any number of places. But as a prosecutor, I've got to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. And foreign male DNA mixed with her blood in her underpants: that's reasonable doubt, by definition.'

(Lots of sensationalized, inaccurate stuff on here, but this is the source of the above comments:
https://www.theguardian.com/theobser...res.magazine37

Old 10-30-2016, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free-R View Post
What evidence is there that a person unknown to the family would've even known JBR was in pageants?
It doesn't seem as if anyone knows if it was someone unknown to the Ramseys. (I do think it's an odd coincidence that the 14 year old girl from JBR's dance studio was assaulted in her bedroom, nine months later. Once again, no suspect found.)

Quote:
if JBR's pageant info was never printed publicly...
But some of it was printed publicly. She won awards, rode in parades, had her photograph in newspapers, etc, before she was murdered.

I wonder if one of the reasons the GJ came up with those indictments is that they believed that PR and JR were putting their daughter in harm's way by allowing her to take part in these pageants, which involved parades, photos published in the media, etc. That this is what drew the killer to her, so--in retrospect--it's the reason that the parents were "negligent."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime