Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2017, 12:29 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane2 View Post
Can you tell us any more about this, Virgode?

From your post in another thread on 2-11-13:

"Prior to Jon Benet's death, the Ramsey's had an open case with Department of Child Services."

//www.city-data.com/forum/28192306-post175.html
As I remember, something a teacher overheard Burke say at school. Couldn't tell you now the source; at the time I understood it as an open case; could be questioning and a case was never opened. One of his teachers were called to Grand Jury, could be her, but I can't say that with any certainty.

Dr Phil called him 'socially awkward' from the aftermath of JBs death. My armchair opins he's always been awkward.

Last edited by virgode; 02-03-2017 at 12:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 05:16 AM

1,192 posts, read 2,483,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
As I remember, something a teacher overheard Burke say at school. Couldn't tell you now the source; at the time I understood it as an open case; could be questioning and a case was never opened. One of his teachers were called to Grand Jury, could be her, but I can't say that with any certainty.

Dr Phil called him 'socially awkward' from the aftermath of JBs death. My armchair opins he's always been awkward.
Thanks! It makes sense that the teacher who testified for the Grand Jury was probably the same teacher. I still think the GJ saw, heard, and read things that we'll never know for sure, and that's why they voted to indict.

I had read in Listen Carefully, "When Detective Gossage learned JonBenet had seen a therapist and attempted to speak to her counselor, he was told to contact the parents' attorneys.", so I was wondering if the two had any connection. There may well be a connection between the two. I don't know. JBR had lots of doctor visits, trips to the school nurse, and prior vaginal trauma. All of that and the three phone calls from PR to Dr. Beuf in less than an hour just makes me suspicious.

Last edited by PennyLane2; 02-04-2017 at 06:44 AM..

Old 02-04-2017, 06:44 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane2 View Post
I had read in Listen Carefully, "When Detective Gossage learned JonBenet had seen a therapist and attempted to speak to her counselor, he was told to contact the parents' attorneys.", so I was wondering if the two had any connection. There may well be a connection between the two. I don't know. JBR had lots of doctor visits, trips to the school nurse, and prior vaginal trauma. All of that and the three phone calls from PR to Dr. Beuf in less than hour just makes me suspicious.
The Ramseys had no attorneys before JBR was killed and they were considered suspects (12/27/96). JBR never saw a therapist. We've been through the doctor visits with Dr. Beuf, and what they were related to, multiple times on these threads.

From a previous thread:

"In the four years before her death, JonBenet was taken to this pediatric clinic 27 times. Her pediatrician, Dr. Francesco Beuf, said he didn't "think it's excessive under the circumstances. I went through her chart and summarized the types of visits she had in the office in the few years prior to her death. She was here three times for annual well-child visits, one time for stomach ache, one time for vaginitis, one time for a bruised nose from a fall at a local market, and 21 times for colds, sinusitis, ear infections, bronchitis, pneumonia, hay fever, and possible asthma. A pretty wide spectrum of generally allergy and respiratory system associated problems which are not uncommon with kids her age."

Last edited by CA4Now; 02-04-2017 at 07:21 AM..

Old 02-04-2017, 06:50 AM

Quote:
As I remember, something a teacher overheard Burke say at school. Couldn't tell you now the source; at the time I understood it as an open case; could be questioning and a case was never opened.
Was there ever a case? From JBR II,

Quote:
No abuse we know of, little is known about the open case with Department of Child Services, however, the case was closed.

Old 02-04-2017, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Was there ever a case? From JBR II,
The question was answered to the best of my understanding in response to PennyLane, as said, wish I could pin point the source. I do remember debating the issue of child services. If I can locate anything to post on the subject, I will.

With all the attention this case attracted if there's anything derogatory, it's in print somewhere on the web.

Old 02-04-2017, 09:18 AM

Quote:
The Ramseys had no attorneys before JBR was killed and they were considered suspects (12/27/96). JBR never saw a therapist. We've been through the doctor visits with Dr. Beuf, and what they were related to, multiple times
You mean criminal reasons for attorneys?
What would lead you to think John Ramsey never had an attorney prior to JBRs death... He was a business man with oddles of connections...
..I'd imagine it includes attorneys.

Anything Dr Beuf said during investigation would've been questioned thoroughly had an indictment gone to trial. Was he honest...I think so. This may be repetition posted before; Beuf wasn't only Ramseys pediatrician; they were connected through church. His wife organized a support group for the family. In depo questioning Patsy was vague on Dec 7th phone calls to his home or office.
If Beuf never saw signs of abuse, he's have no reason for performing internal exams and documentation of such necessary for abuse court cases.

Last edited by virgode; 02-04-2017 at 09:37 AM..

Old 02-04-2017, 09:53 AM

Quote:
You mean criminal reasons for attorneys?
Obviously.

And I seriously doubt that there was ever an open case on this. This information supposedly comes from a book made up of contributors who are posters from a true crime forum.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Obviously.

And I seriously doubt that there was ever an open case on this. This information supposedly comes from a book made up of contributors who are posters from a true crime forum.
I didn't think you would.

Regardless of who authors JBR books, don't underestimate readers abilities of discernment.

Old 02-04-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Regardless of who authors JBR books, don't underestimate readers abilities of discernment.
Then they can post a credible source for their information.

Old 02-04-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Then they can post a credible source for their information.
Who is they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime