Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2019, 04:46 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It's possible. It's possible that a man came to the house intending to harm her, and by a wildly lucky coincidence, it was his little intended victim who heard him at the door, and let him in, and no one else in the house was aware of it. That guy should buy a lottery ticket.

But let's think this through.

This isn't a man trying to get away with sexually assaulting a child and killing her, and trying to deflect blame from himself.

This is a couple trying to cover up that this was a head wound murder committed by her brother.

And bizarrely, they attempted this cover up in two opposite directions. 1. staged a ritualistic sexual assault and torture 2. staged a kidnapping for money.

It's highly likely that had there been no ransom note, there would be little reason to suspect the Ramseys.

It would look like a sexual assault and murder by an acquaintance or complete stranger.

But there's the note, a second and conflicting attempt to deflect blame from Burke. Wait, it was a kidnapping for ransom. Oh wait no, it was an adult male sexually assaulting her and killing her within the house.

That rings so much more true, that it was the Ramseys. Rather than it was in fact a male intruder who left the remains within the home, but tried to deflect who the perpetrator of the assault was by casting doubt that maybe in fact she was kidnapped for cash by some politically driven group.
ClaraC you employ too much common sense to be posting on this thread...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2019, 07:32 PM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
For anyone interested, John Ramsey is going to be on Dr. Oz, Tuesday, April 30....tomorrow.
Anyone watch this?

Sneak preview: https://www.doctoroz.com/episode/tru...y-speaks-dr-oz

Old 04-30-2019, 09:06 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Why is he doing this, smiling talking about all the children he has now - 3?

This was SO UNCOMFORTABLE to watch. He's not trying to find the murderer.

He's grieving a lovely daughter his son basically killed, and he's moving on.

Old 04-30-2019, 10:19 PM

48 posts, read 30,551 times
I don't see why people still care. It was 22.5 years ago...
Get over it people.

Old 05-01-2019, 06:55 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodluckwiththat View Post
I don't see why people still care. It was 22.5 years ago...
Get over it people.
As your name says, "Good luck with that"! People are still fascinated with the Jack the Ripper murders (which were 130.5 years ago), the Lindbergh baby kidnapping/murder, the Black Dahlia murder, the JFK assassination, etc. I think that any murder that was not solved to the satisfaction of at least 25% of the population (wild guess there, btw) will continue to fascinate. For many people including myself, it is not the murder itself, but the mystery, I think.

Last edited by katharsis; 05-01-2019 at 07:33 AM..

Old 05-01-2019, 09:50 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:

Why shouldn't he smile about the children he still has and grandchildren he has now?

People who have lost a child move on with their lives, what's wrong with that? Are they supposed to spend the rest of their days crying over a grave instead?.....turn their back on the children they have left?

{What immediately comes to mind is a celebrity couple who lost their little girl to drowning and very soon after had another child and are over the moon happy now. Should they be ashamed of themselves for having another child and being happy?}

He is trying to find the murderer, that was the only reason he agreed to do the Dr. Oz show. At first he turned it down and then thought better of it because the purpose of the show was to bring attention to the Go Fund Me account that has been set up to pay for DNA testing.

He has hired private detectives, one of the detectives he hired was on the show.

What else could he do to help catch the killer?.....please be specific.

There are thousands of parents out there who have missing or murdered children and they eventually go on with their lives.....why should the Ramseys be any different?

Old 05-02-2019, 06:46 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,748,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I didn't see it, but I thought JR told Dr. Phil he wouldn't be doing anymore interviews. Since the Dr. Phil show, he's done a show with Elizabeth Vargas and now Dr. Oz. Can we believe anything JR says? Additionally, why don't interviewers ask JR why the GJ voted to indict him for putting JBR in danger?

Old 05-02-2019, 06:55 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
I didn't see it, but I thought JR told Dr. Phil he wouldn't be doing anymore interviews. Since the Dr. Phil show, he's done a show with Elizabeth Vargas and now Dr. Oz. Can we believe anything JR says?
Sure. He obviously wants to find the person who murdered his daughter. Patsy's dead, Burke went through a lawsuit and settlement to get his name cleared from unfounded media accusations. JBR's grandparents are dead. One of her aunts was ridiculed and harassed by the media. Since the Boulder Police Department has done little to nothing to solve this murder, it looks as if it's up to him to do what he can to keep this crime in the public eye until it's solved.

Old 05-02-2019, 07:59 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,748,651 times
What else could he do to help catch the killer?.....please be specific.

JR could have had JBR's remains exhumed years ago for possible additional evidence if he was serious about finding who is responsible for her death, he still refuses to do it. Like Chief Beckner says, this is an open case, it could be the Ramsey's or an intruder responsible.

Old 05-02-2019, 12:08 PM

5,713 posts, read 4,286,950 times
Quote:

Face it, nothing he does or says and no evidence that is ever uncovered will ever convince you that the Ramseys aren't guilty, despite the fact that the evidence for such a conclusion is ambiguous at its best.

Innocent until proven guilty, or guilty until proven innocent? I forget...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime