Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2020, 12:16 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Jack the Ripper was solved a couple years ago.
No, We Still Cannot Confirm the Identity of Jack the Ripper:
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...ger-180971726/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2020, 08:33 AM

2,745 posts, read 3,012,094 times
https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...etters-778025/

Old 01-23-2020, 02:43 PM

5,703 posts, read 4,276,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post

But is he a "person of interest"?

Old 01-23-2020, 03:43 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,344,654 times
Anyone willing to take a bet this guy is a publicity seeking, serial confessor who has NO chance of being involved?

Old 01-23-2020, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
But is he a "person of interest"?
Similar to John Mark Karr confessing, it seems.

DNA tests were done on Gary Oliva in June, 1997. He was ruled out.

Boulder police brush off pedophile’s confession in JonBenet Ramsey murder:
https://apnews.com/d57beb7da42dbeab08f2b9572bf0d8ca

Old 01-23-2020, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartGotts View Post
Anyone willing to take a bet this guy is a publicity seeking, serial confessor who has NO chance of being involved?

I don't think anyone takes him seriously.

Old 02-08-2020, 03:28 PM

"Dylan Howard, who executive produces the podcast The Killing of JonBenet: The Final Suspects, had met with John Ramsey recently, who said he believed his daughter's murder was because of him.

"He had just sold his business to a significant company that obviously gave him millions and millions of dollars," Howard explained of his conversation with Ramsey. "So someone may have been jealous of his success. He said to me, 'I live every day knowing that my daughter was killed, likely, because of me,' and that broke my heart."

https://popculture.com/trending/2020...ue-crime-fans/

Old 02-09-2020, 09:14 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,344,654 times
I cannot imagine JR speaking on a podcast unless he was assured they do not consider him suspect in any way. Therefore, I was not surprised to read this:

The initial suspects were the Ramsey family, including her father John, mother Patsy, and brother Burke, though they were eventually cleared of any wrongdoing. It still remains an open investigation by the Boulder Police Department.

Eventually cleared of any wrongdoing may have been announced at one point but it is not the consensus of all investigators nor the grand jury.

Old 02-09-2020, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartGotts View Post
I cannot imagine JR speaking on a podcast unless he was assured they do not consider him suspect in any way. Therefore, I was not surprised to read this:

The initial suspects were the Ramsey family, including her father John, mother Patsy, and brother Burke, though they were eventually cleared of any wrongdoing. It still remains an open investigation by the Boulder Police Department.

Eventually cleared of any wrongdoing may have been announced at one point but it is not the consensus of all investigators nor the grand jury.

Grand Juror Who Saw Original Evidence in JonBenet Ramsey Case Speaks Out

https://abcnews.go.com/US/grand-juro...ry?id=44196237

The juror said he believes that there was enough evidence to indict John and Patsy Ramsey for a crime, but he doesn’t think they would have been convicted. “There is no way that I would have been able to say, ‘Beyond a reasonable doubt, this is the person,’” the juror said.

Old 02-09-2020, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Grand Juror Who Saw Original Evidence in JonBenet Ramsey Case Speaks Out...

.... “There is no way that I would have been able to say, ‘Beyond a reasonable doubt, this is the person,’” the juror said.
And we know that in a grand jury, only the prosecution's side is heard. The purpose of a grand jury is to determine if there is enough evidence to show there is probable cause to prosecute someone for a felony crime. If there is not, it's considered to be a waste of taxpayer dollars and the D.A.'s time.

If one scrolls back on this thread, we see that there were 7 counts, and the Ramseys were indicted on two, one of which was that the Ramseys “did unlawfully, knowingly, recklessly and feloniously permit a child to be unreasonably placed in a situation which posed a threat of injury to the child’s life or health, which resulted in the death of JonBenét Ramsey, a child under the age of sixteen.”

Not sure what exactly was permitted, possibly putting JBR in pageants where she might have been exposed to a sicko, having their bedroom a floor away from where she slept, not locking their house up, not notifying the police about all the people--his employees as well as others--who may have resented JR because his business had become so successful, forgetting to replace the broken basement window? The records are sealed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime