Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2016, 04:19 PM

9,850 posts, read 7,716,018 times

Advertisements

I need to watch these specials/interviews! I have always thought Burke did it, thought he was jealous of all the attention JB always got, maybe he got in trouble for bedwetting again and she was mocking him, could have killed her by accident in a sibling fight. That's the only reason a mother would cover up the cause of death of one child, to protect the other one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 04:33 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,567,238 times
I watched the taped interviews of Burke from 20 years ago. He doesn't look old enough or big enough to have killed Jonbenet. I also think he has some socialization issues as evidenced by his smiling.

I feel so sorry for this family and what they have been through. No matter what they do or say their actions are criticized. I don't think they had anything to do with the death of their daughter.

The way Dr. Phil's show asks a leading question and then goes to a commercial as if Burke is going to say "Yes, I did it, I killed her!" is disgusting.

Old 09-13-2016, 05:05 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,178,201 times
The skull is the 2nd thickest bone in the body you can't bash a skull with a flash light wipe it off and put it back on the counter. What about luminal? I think the killer grabbed a hammer or wrench from the tool box that was in the kill room bashed her skull and then he took it with him along with the tape and rope. Only a male probably ex military could fashion that garotte and kill her like that so if it was a family member it must have been John and I just don't think he did it.

Ergo it was a intruder or John

Old 09-13-2016, 05:08 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,486,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
I watched the taped interviews of Burke from 20 years ago. He doesn't look old enough or big enough to have killed Jonbenet. I also think he has some socialization issues as evidenced by his smiling.

I feel so sorry for this family and what they have been through. No matter what they do or say their actions are criticized. I don't think they had anything to do with the death of their daughter.

The way Dr. Phil's show asks a leading question and then goes to a commercial as if Burke is going to say "Yes, I did it, I killed her!" is disgusting.
If that's the only thing that disgusts you about "Dr" Phil, you're one up on me.

He was big. I was comparing him to the psychiatrist interviewing him and he was big. There was a photo of him, his mom, and JonBenet that looks like it was taken within the year before JBs death and his head is up to the top of Patsy's shoulder. Anybody know how tall Patsy was?

Old 09-13-2016, 05:12 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,486,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee17 View Post
I'm surprised Burke admitted to hitting her with the golf club. I always thought the father hit her and blamed him.
I saw Burke answer that no I've never physically attacked Jon Benet. "Dr" Phil asked, you didn't hit her with a golf club? Then they went to commercial and I missed the rest.

Did "Dr" Phil ask why he didn't admit immedately that he had assaulted her physically? Or did he just say oh yeah I forgot, I did whack her with that?

Old 09-13-2016, 05:12 PM

68 posts, read 105,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
what are you talking about?? They showed the skull on A&E it was completely broken apart on one side a 9 year old doesn't have that strength!!

False. Here is a story about a 7-year-old who accidentally killed another 7-year-old by striking him in the head with a kiddie golf club.

http://www.tctimes.com/news/holly-ac...5e253827f.html

Old 09-13-2016, 05:35 PM

26,719 posts, read 26,782,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
They showed the skull on A&E it was completely broken apart on one side a 9 year old doesn't have that strength!! .. he also doesn't have the strength to strangle her for that long and the killer tortured her and moved the garrote to different areas and retightened it. He would also be a psychopath and that would reemerge somehow in his personality in 20 years.

It wasn't a accident by Patsy either...

I'd also like to know how a train track can cause burn marks on her face like a stun gun does.
Agree with everything you said 100%!

Old 09-13-2016, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
I Weather can change very quickly in Boulder - I seem to remember photos showing a sunny day for JonBenet's funeral, but have no idea what the temperature was then.
The funeral was in Atlanta, not Boulder.

Old 09-13-2016, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane2 View Post
I can tell you what I read about the first two interviews in Kolar's book.
Kolar says the BPD tried to arrange another interview with Burke on December 27th but weren't allowed.
Because the BPD never got the parents' permission to interview Burke the first time, which was against the law.

Quote:
Kolar's book is a great read.
Kolar's book is full of misinformation. He was wrong on so many "facts" that there are whole threads on the Internet devoted to figuring out his intentions.

Old 09-13-2016, 06:18 PM

7,634 posts, read 8,701,274 times
Where can I watch the recorded Dr. Phil's interview with Burke? I didn't find it on YouTube.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime