Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2016, 05:47 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,418,446 times

Advertisements

I c/b wrong but I thought there was no DNA from any family members found at the crime scene - ? If that's the case, that would eliminate Burke as well as other family members as suspects
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 05:58 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,936,608 times
Speaking of smearing... What a smear job on Burke! Hope he sues CBS for defemation of character and slander.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:28 AM

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloominOnion View Post
After all of that effort to cover it up, it just took a few lead experts to solve the crime. It was absolutely seamless, their investigation. From A to Z it flowed and made 100% sense of things that never made sense to me before. This crime has been solved. I think this is why John said that would be his last interview. They knew this was coming so had to hurry up and lie to try to save face. We will probably never, ever see a Burke interview again.

How can you refute science, logic and that much experience? I really bet Burke **** his pants in the last month knowing this was all coming to fruition. Ramsey's PR team really tried to do the 'ol cover up,' deal again. I bet they told Burke, 'just be polite and deny any involvement,' people will believe you.
It really was amazing it took so long to solve because like they said they had A LOT of evidence.

Exactly.

One thing that really disappointed me was the lead investigator at the end repeatedly making the claim that was an 'accident' (and the parents were covering up this 'accident').

Sorry, but this was no 'accident.'

An accident is if someone accidentally bumps into another, and that person then falls and hits their head on the pavement and dies.

An accident is NOT someone taking an object and smashing the other person's head with enough force to kill her. That's an intent to seriously hurt or kill another, NOT an accident. Also keep in mind, this Burke character previously used a golf club to hit Jonbenet with enough force to leave a mark under one of her eyes.

Accident my rear end!

Old 09-20-2016, 06:34 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb100 View Post
Ron Walker. He was the FBI agent from Denver in charge of a four-man team. You can find video of him saying essentially the same thing if you are interested enough to seek it, but Steve Thomas' book reports how it happened:

Agent Ron Walker added, "Look at the parents. No b*******t,
You know that Steve Thomas was sued for defamation (and lost the case), right? And that the Ramsey case was his first experience with homicide.

So Ron Walker must have changed his story. Interesting. Not sure which of the versions to believe now. (Like the rest of the "facts" about this case).

"One of the people that appeared in Schiller's book (Perfect Murder, Perfect Town), according to the excerpts, was Ron Walker. At the time of Ramsey's death, Walker was an experienced profiler at the FBI's Denver office, and he seems to have played an important role in the investigation. This is how Schiller described what happened when the FBI was alerted to Ramsey's death:

At Boulder police headquarters, Det. Sgt. Larry Mason got a page from the Ramsey house: "We've got a body."

"Oh, f---," Mason said, half aloud. "Ron," he told FBI Special Agent Ron Walker, "it's a homicide."

Walker, an experienced FBI profiler, knew that finding JonBenet's body in her own home meant there had probably never been a kidnapping. In the case of a homicide where the dead child is found in the parents' home, the FBI's standard procedure is to investigate the parents and the immediate family first and then move outward in circles.

Walker gave Bill Kurtis a grueling description of the things he had seen parents do to their children, to justify why the investigation started as it did.

In describing how the investigation could have gone more smoothly, Walker also said that the FBI's initial offer to help the Boulder Police Department was rebuffed...

I think journalists report the news that people want to see and hear, but a great disappointment is the fact that in view of all the media attention paid, and all of the voyeuristic attention on the part of the public paid to it."

He got that part right, anyway.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/18321...e-new-insights
Denver Entertainment/The Scene: The Denver Post

Old 09-20-2016, 06:41 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,936,608 times
I thought it was a really crappy and cheesy show; were the first two episodes like this? Of course, it IS network TV, so they had to dumb it down and rachet up the drama... :P Surprised seasoned professionals sunk this low, but I guess anything for money... Funny how they kept "making notes" on their pads while others were talking, haha! Worthless...

Old 09-20-2016, 06:43 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
Part 1 of the CBS Special strongly implied that the reason this case never went to trial was not because the LE/DA thought JR & PR were innocent -
Of course they're going to imply that....the whole special is focused solely on the Ramseys as suspects. And BTW, it never went to court because there was NO EVIDENCE that they could win the case.

Read up on grand juries.

Quote:
not because the LE/DA thought JR & PR were innocent - but because the LE/DA didn't think it was a winnable case, due to the wealth & influence of the family
Your theory, again, is based on economic status, and you make the evidence fit your theory.

Quote:
Hell, even the Mayor of Boulder went on TV in early January 1997 (very shortly after the crime) and stated that there was no one roaming the streets of Boulder, breaking into homes, and attacking children.
She said that because Boulder residents were outraged that their town was perceived as unsafe.

And nine months later, another intruder broke into a Boulder home, trying to abduct a 14 year old girl. By then Mark Beckner was in charge...

Old 09-20-2016, 06:51 AM

6,988 posts, read 4,809,652 times
Re the Pineapple Theory.

If it takes 5 hours for food to digest enough to pass to the small intestine, then Jon Benet could not have snatched and eaten Burke's pineapple, then gotten bashed in the head, brain dead.

The pineapple would have still been sitting in her stomach at autopsy.

I read something years ago on Michael Helboth being considered as a suspect. Can anyone point me to some articles or reading materials on that? CA4Now?

Old 09-20-2016, 06:57 AM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
None of this aired and very bias tv edition did anything to give pause on who really did it.

Once the body was moved, it lost the vital resources to properly investigate.

To say that a persons past behavior is THE Indicator for future actions, basically says, we as humans are incapable of modifying our actions and behaviors.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:04 AM

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Don't overlook the fact that the grand jury in this case wanted to indict both Ramsey's in 1999, but that was squashed by the DA, who lied about it. Only after it was unsealed in 2013, did this became known.

The evidence is pretty strong in the guilt of the Ramsey family in the death and coverup of Jonbenet.

That some continue to defend them shows the bias in perception of guilt when it comes to the rich and 'famous' of society.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:13 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,028,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Of course they're going to imply that....the whole special is focused solely on the Ramseys as suspects. And BTW, it never went to court because there was NO EVIDENCE that they could win the case.

Read up on grand juries.

Your theory, again, is based on economic status, and you make the evidence fit your theory.

She said that because Boulder residents were outraged that their town was perceived as unsafe.

And nine months later, another intruder broke into a Boulder home, trying to abduct a 14 year old girl. By then Mark Beckner was in charge...
Honestly, I don't know which case you're talking about, but it isn't the Ramsey case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime