Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2016, 09:11 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free-R View Post

What other cases of covering up this type of thing are there? Seriously curious.
According to the FBI, not another ransom note like this in case history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 09:13 PM

1,177 posts, read 1,131,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
We can't assume John and Patsy knew that or that Burke wouldn't have ended up institutionalized, either in some juvenile justice or mental health facility.

We don't know that John and Patsy didn't provide Burke with some kind of mental health care after JonBenet's death.

Burke has gone through high school, college and has a good job and a girl friend....all without a hint of him ever being in any kind of trouble.

Guilty or not, I can't blame him for living his life on the down low, considering the way his family has been hounded by the media and lookie loos for the last 20 years.

Would Burke have turned out any better if he had been put into the juvenile justice system?

I highly doubt it.
I think he would have been better if given state help. He seems very disturbed unless he's putting on act for Dr. Phil. It was disturbing he showed no emotion when talking about his dead mother.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
The photo at this link has Burke standing alone in the back of the photo. I'm used to family photos where the parents encircle, or frame up, the children, not where on child is in the back behind the parents and one child.

http://cdn2.thr.com/sites/default/fi...9/jonbenet.jpg

I can't imagine what was going on in the parents' heads to put their young son in the background rather than beside his sister. What a crushing moment for a young child.
Burke was often treated as second best. I don't know if he committed the crime or what his mental health is, but I don't think it's fair to treat the oldest child like that. Yes, the baby get babied but you don't ignore the oldest.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Absolutely. John had a prior family and may have been clear with Patsy at the outset that having children was her department - I'm sure that happens. It's no excuse, but that may have been the arrangement.

John seems like a man more interested in career and business than cleaning up his 9 year old son's poop. Patsy was a stay at home mom with a very big problem on her hands and it seems that she chose to close her eyes to her son's very serious emotional problems.

I had very little understanding of the murder of Jonbenet until this 20 year anniversary. I couldn't believe my eyes when Burke was presented with a photo of pineapple in milk and he refused to describe what was in the bowl. There's no good explanation for that.
My only sympathy for Patsy is she survived cancer. Having cancer takes a lot out of people. I've known many cancer survivors I can't imagine them dealing with two children. Especially children who regressed, or never progressed, to the point Burke and Jonbenet did. She should have been better and I do blame her, but John really messed up. I don't think John loved his second family as much. I have to admit, I don't think John loved any of his wives. He seems to move from woman to woman. He even dated Natalie Holloway's mom.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbatty View Post
Also, Burke seems like he's on the milder end of the Autism spectrum. It is not "suspicious" behaviour, it is awkward autistic behavior that those us who know and work with those with this disorder are very familiar of.
He reminds me of a lot of adults who letter diagnosed themselves and a doctor agreed. Remember in 96, when he went to school, kids weren't diagnosed left and right Add, Autism, ect. as they are in 2016. Also, if a child is showing signs, most schools won't up and put them in special ed or tell a parent so. I think you can sue a school is their diagnosis is wrong. They'll suggest a doctor. Patsy and John probably didn't want him in special ed and labeled if the school/doctor ever pointed anything out.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petite Jean View Post
If you look at the entire photo (sorry can't link to it) you can see BR from his head to his feet. The sweater looks way too big and baggy, his pants are ankle length, too short, and his whole outfit is mismatched. And yes, he's positioned outside the family, like someone who just walked up and photobombed them. This poor kid never had a chance at life, really. Dad gone all the time, crazy mom reliving the pageant life with the daughter. No one had time for him. Add to that if he was already born with emotional problems, which I don't know if that's the case, did he ever get the help he needed or just continue to fall through the cracks.
True. When Jonbenet was a baby, one of the specials (I think ID?) said Patsy did the same to her. Making her wear Burke's baby clothes and mismatched clothes.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:29 PM

Quote:
When it comes to family photos, it's usually the parents or the photographer who make decisions about where everyone is posed. I doubt a photographer would decide to place one child in the background, but I could see parents huddling around a favorite child with little concern for how the extra child appeared in the photo.

That is, children don't make decisions about where everyone stands or sits during a family photo.
It says a lot, because I remember when I didn't want to take pictures and wondered off or made faces, my mom (or other family members) would be annoyed and say to be with everyone and make a nice face. I see the same with younger family members. I remember telling my cousin's son this over the holidays that "We all want a nice picture of you. So, sit nice with your brother".

Old 09-20-2016, 09:32 PM

Quote:
What strikes me as interesting is that Burke looks more like his mom, and Jonbenet looked more like her dad. Jonbenet may have been an attraction as a 5 year old dressed up as a teenager but I suspect the day was coming where Jonbenet was not going to clone her mother's life.

If Burke was not born with emotional disturbance, he most certainly had every opportunity to develop that problem after Jonbenet entered the beauty pageant industry. Given his early childhood, I wonder if he's capable of looking at females as real people?
I found that funny, too. The less favored child is the one who looks the mom. This reminds me of Joe Jackson. He used to abuse Michael and say "You're ugly". When, he got his looks from HIM. Also, it annoyed me Patsy dyed Jonbenet's hair. Patsy was a brunette.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Those are exactly my thoughts after watching the documentary. The Ramsay's made bad decisions in raising their children, and continued with bad decisions until today.

I suspect that many in the community strongly suspected Burke at the outset, and that is why the community kept quiet - not wanting to throw the Ramsay family under the bus after the loss they suffered. It strikes me as a cover-up that spanned an entire community.
They probably didn't want a lawsuit. It's "slander" because they can't prove it.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
How could John have counted on the police being so incompetent? How could you plan that?
You can't blame the police. They invited all of those people and John moved the body and removed the tape. Linda Arnt was mostly by herself with almost 20 other people. She was left mostly only, besides for something having back up with her, because they were looking for the kidnappers who should have been looking to get their money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime