Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2016, 08:27 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I'm going to listen to that. So no wonder we couldn't figure out why Patsy said she went screaming, "Where's my baby?" when she knew she was dead. It's because she never did. She just told Burke so say she did. He said it was his father at first? Liar. Was put up to no good.

And, as most of us said, John staged the scene. He would have had the guts and know how to do that, a cold hearted CEO type who walks all over everybody to make money. Patsy was her mother and was softer. She never could have done that to JBR. Anyway, Patsy was already busy writing the ransom note. Too bad she wrote a kidnapping note and John staged a sexual predator scene--ooops.
Burkes was young enough his mind could be manipulated to believe anything; that and some serious fear of consequences. These folks didn't want the stigma for themselves or there son. We had a women here who went missing 20yrs ago, she was dating a state prosecutor. Both of his brothers helped him cover the crime. One helped him throw her body off his boat in a large cooler into the Jersey ocean, the other hid the blood covered carpet and couch were he shot her, in the family owned scrap yard. He had another women he was having an affair with purchase the gun for him. He died in prison a couple years ago. None of them are first or last to cover a family members crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2016, 08:50 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
So the A & E Special seems to have concluded very differently than the CBS one. Hmmm....

" 'Killing of JonBenet: The Truth Uncovered': 5 Things We Learned

Kicking off a season full of Ramsey murder docs, A&E was the first to tackle the case's 20th anniversary – and here's what they discovered:

1. Someone could have come into the Ramsey's house through the cellar window
2. Most of the "scoops" leaked to the media were probably false
3. The Boulder PD Allegedly Withheld DNA That Could've Ruled Out the Ramseys as Suspects
4. Burke Ramsey Heard Everything That was Happening in the House on the Night of JonBenét's Murder
5. Marks on JonBenet's Face and Back May Point to Possible Encounter with a Stun Gun"

'Killing of JonBenet: Truth Uncovered': 5 Things We Learned - Rolling Stone

Old 09-21-2016, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Very surprised it hadn't got out about the smearing in her room and the other part of it, the chocolates, etc. I'd never heard it.
Probably because it never happened.

"I guess you might as well let Patsy's friend Judith Miller tell tales based on things her young child told her that JonBenet told her decades ago. Third-hand recollections passed through the prism of two children? That doesn't even rise to the level of hearsay, but it gets screen time here."
'The Case Of: JonBenet Ramsey': TV Review | Hollywood Reporter

Old 09-21-2016, 09:06 PM

1,177 posts, read 1,132,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartGotts View Post
I think this is more common than most of us realize.

It does not shock me to think Burke lost his temper and fatally injured his sister. It can be argued that it makes more sense than Patsy assaulting her because of how both parents stuck together. At some point they could have turned on each other but they did not because they both had their only surviving child to protect.

I believe I've read a few times that Burke had displayed detached behavior. I didn't give it much thought because we all exhibit just about every behavior at some point. In his case it may there may be more to it.
I used to think to Patsy was more likely to turn on John. Even if she did it, which I never felt was so, John would look like a heel. So busy always working. She was a cancer survivor. It would cast a bad light to throw her under the bus. Honestly, what would Patsy do without John? One strange child to raise totally on her own. No more income. Maybe no more health benefits. They could have freezed his assets. She'd have to sell her belongings and start over. Honestly, she lived ten more years going the "easy" route. Imagine how much earlier she'd have died if she turned on him or Burke. I still think it was John more so. There are a lot of reasons people cover up the truth.

Old 09-21-2016, 09:07 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post

I have no doubt that Patsy is the author of the Ransom note but who is she covering for?
For better or worse... an emotionally disturbed child and herself, author of the ransom note.

Old 09-21-2016, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Probably because it never happened.

"I guess you might as well let Patsy's friend Judith Miller tell tales based on things her young child told her that JonBenet told her decades ago. Third-hand recollections passed through the prism of two children? That doesn't even rise to the level of hearsay, but it gets screen time here."
'The Case Of: JonBenet Ramsey': TV Review | Hollywood Reporter
They showed pictures of the feces.

Old 09-21-2016, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee17 View Post
They showed pictures of the feces.
They showed pictures of the cobwebs in the broken basement window, too. But ooops....the picture was of the wrong window.

I just read this, below. Where do they come up with this stuff? Really sad that increasing viewer ratings is more important than telling the truth.

"The most damning revelations in The Case of JonBenet Ramsey came from police who investigated the case 20 years ago and say it could have been solved back then if they were not “hamstrung by politics.” Since the crime was initially investigated as a kidnapping, police did not search the home for eight hours..."
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/rea...0ef8caa22c76d2

What? BPD Officer French, along with another officer, were there before 6:30 am. French was the one who, unfortunately, failed to open the door of the wine cellar when he searched the house, since he was looking for points of exit.

Last edited by CA4Now; 09-21-2016 at 09:34 PM..

Old 09-21-2016, 09:23 PM

7,636 posts, read 8,709,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Thanks.

I guess what bothers me the most is HOW the parents staged the brutal sexual assault scene, so unnecessary. It was like killing their daughter a second time. I just don't see this couple loved that little girl with their hearts at all.

They should ask the Ramseys to pay back all the expenses that their staging had cost in the investigations.

Last edited by snowmountains; 09-21-2016 at 09:32 PM..

Old 09-21-2016, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
They showed pictures of the cobwebs in the broken basement window, too. But ooops....the picture was of the wrong window.

I just read this, below. Where do they come up with this stuff? Really sad that increasing viewer ratings is more important than telling the truth.

"The most damning revelations in The Case of JonBenet Ramsey came from police who investigated the case 20 years ago and say it could have been solved back then if they were not “hamstrung by politics.” Since the crime was initially investigated as a kidnapping, police did not search the home for eight hours..."
JonBenet Ramsey murder: District Attorney

What? BPD Officer French, along with another officer, were there before 6:30 am. French was the one who, unfortunately, failed to open the door of the wine cellar when he searched the house, since he was looking for points of exit.
What window was the right one?

Old 09-21-2016, 09:37 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Could Burke have carried his sister that far? I doubt it.

Remember the scream. I think Burke hit her with the flashlight in the kitchen, he saw she wasn't moving, went to get his parents, Patsy screamed when she saw JB, then John carried her downstairs and he and Patsy colluded to finish her off.

I just don't think a 9-year old could accomplish all that by himself. He was likely told JB died in the basement when a kidnapper killed her. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that even after all these years, he's unaware he killed her. He was told someone else did, and has been kept sheltered. He believed what his parents told him.

One of the experts once said people do strange things when they realize something bad has happened. They simply aren't thinking. If JB groaned or exhibited signs of pain, they might have thought putting her out of her misery was the right thing to do if she was likely going to die, anyway. I can see Patsy in her anguish telling John to "please, please make it stop".

Sure ruined their Christmas. I wonder what all their subsequent Christmases were like. Not merry, for sure.

As far as all the nonsense about vaginal trauma, there was none. Remember...she got a bicycle for Christmas. That can easily cause bruising.
I don't think he carried her, but instead dragged her, and I'm pretty sure that if the parents knew that Jonbenet had a head injury, they would not have killed her. They would have called an ambulance. She died by strangulation some time after eating a piece of pineapple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime