Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2016, 09:40 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee17 View Post
Yes, the oldest son of John, also named John, ratted them out because at the time the police or media thought he was the one who did it. Ramsey behavior for you. Throw anyone and everyone under the bus.
Wait, what? I've met that guy and I've never heard about this. Do you have a link?

Also, does anyone know if they ever used any luminal in that house or tested the flashlight for blood traces? Wiping it down wouldn't be enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2016, 09:42 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
They showed pictures of the cobwebs in the broken basement window, too. But ooops....the picture was of the wrong window.

I just read this, below. Where do they come up with this stuff? Really sad the increasing viewer ratings is more important than telling the truth.

"The most damning revelations in The Case of JonBenet Ramsey came from police who investigated the case 20 years ago and say it could have been solved back then if they were not “hamstrung by politics.”
Since the crime was initially investigated as a kidnapping, police did not search the home for eight hours..."

JonBenet Ramsey murder: District Attorney

What? BPD Officer French was there before 6:30 am. He was the one who, unfortunately, failed to open the door of the wine cellar when he searched the house, since he was looking for points of exit.
I've found a couple discrepancies:
Lou Smit said John discovered the window wide open; in Johns depostion it said the window was cracked open, he closed and latched it.

Another:
Lou Smit positioned the suitcase flat against the wall according to the way JR described.
Crime scene photo of the siutcase discredits the story.

Do you recall who said the wrong window with cobwebs photographed?

Old 09-21-2016, 09:47 PM

371 posts, read 526,690 times
I thought the 2 part special on CBS was very interesting. I thought the explanation on the pineapple was a good one given JonBenet's fingerprints weren't on the bowl but the elements were in her stomach.

I agree with their conclusion, but Burke cannot be prosecuted as he was underage. Now it makes sense why he was laughing with Dr. Phil as he probably got away with murder.

The only person that can be charged in John Ramsey as Patsy is in "H-E-double hockey sticks". I feel bad for JonBenet. The story makes sense now that they could decode what Patsy was saying when she thought she hung up the phone. Unfortunately, due to the wealth of the Ramseys, no prosecution will come as I doubt those enhanced calls will hold up in court. You couldn't really hear it and the lawyers will rip it apart.

Old 09-21-2016, 09:49 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Wait, what? I've met that guy and I've never heard about this. Do you have a link?

Also, does anyone know if they ever used any luminal in that house or tested the flashlight for blood traces? Wiping it down wouldn't be enough.
No luminol that I recall reading. The coroner used a black light and discovered she'd been wiped down with something.

They would have to use luminol or special
lighting determining whether the flash light were wiped down as well.

Old 09-21-2016, 10:04 PM

1,177 posts, read 1,132,001 times
I can't find the link where John Andrew says he gave them the flashlight. However, I did find out that the suitcase belonged to him. Never knew that.

Old 09-21-2016, 10:06 PM

7,636 posts, read 8,709,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnewyorkcity View Post
JonBenet's fingerprints weren't on the bowl but the elements were in her stomach.
This makes me the saddest about this case. All the loss of a precious little life because of those pineapple pieces getting into her stomach.

Old 09-21-2016, 10:51 PM

1,047 posts, read 1,014,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post

What would be the point of luminol? The victim had not bled from her injuries.

Old 09-21-2016, 11:01 PM

1,177 posts, read 1,132,001 times
Also, John told John Andrew he found the body at 11 am.

Book lays blame on Patsy Ramsey – The Denver Post

Old 09-21-2016, 11:02 PM

I can see that this case is giving rise to a cult similar to JFK assassination conspiracy believers, people bound and determined to believe something, anything, rather than the simple and obvious.

Old 09-21-2016, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
They showed pictures of the cobwebs in the broken basement window, too. But ooops....the picture was of the wrong window.

I just read this, below. Where do they come up with this stuff? Really sad that increasing viewer ratings is more important than telling the truth.

"The most damning revelations in The Case of JonBenet Ramsey came from police who investigated the case 20 years ago and say it could have been solved back then if they were not “hamstrung by politics.” Since the crime was initially investigated as a kidnapping, police did not search the home for eight hours..."
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/rea...0ef8caa22c76d2

What? BPD Officer French, along with another officer, were there before 6:30 am. French was the one who, unfortunately, failed to open the door of the wine cellar when he searched the house, since he was looking for points of exit.
That hardly qualifies as a "search of the house" with a search warrant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime