Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 07:55 AM

5,758 posts, read 11,631,619 times

Advertisements

Or is this turning into yet another Brown's Chicken massacre scenario?

It is EXTREMELY rare for a mass homicide with this many victims to go "cold" for longer than a few hours, actually.

Which makes the weeks-long gap in this case so far very disturbing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 09:29 AM

1,464 posts, read 5,507,729 times
Its sad, but it all boils down to one thing... MONEY! The reward is just not big enough for someone to "snitch" yet. $60K seems nice to a normal person like you or I, but that is just it... These people who go out and kill are not normal. They don't think like the average Joe, and in order to get one of them to rat out the other, the reward has to be huge because the "snitch" is putting his/her life on the line when he/she walks into that police station for the ramifications that will follow once it is known who did the snitching. I say raise the reward into the 6 figures, then some people might start coming forward.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:12 AM

49 posts, read 214,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYrules View Post
Its sad, but it all boils down to one thing... MONEY! The reward is just not big enough for someone to "snitch" yet. $60K seems nice to a normal person like you or I, but that is just it... These people who go out and kill are not normal. They don't think like the average Joe, and in order to get one of them to rat out the other, the reward has to be huge because the "snitch" is putting his/her life on the line when he/she walks into that police station for the ramifications that will follow once it is known who did the snitching. I say raise the reward into the 6 figures, then some people might start coming forward.
I agree with you, the reward is a pittance for a person that is hiding out this criminal. I find it very hard to believe that nobody so far has come forth to tell police who this person is. Especially the person that braided his hair. Granted it was probably done in someone's kitchen instead of a salon, because hair braiding is not cheap in the salons. I think many men get their hair braided by friends and family at home. It could have been done by a girlfriend, and she is with him now, and in no way is she going to turn him in for a lousy 60 grand, that probably is not enough for her. However, there has to be many others who know this person and it really is a shame that nobody has come forward yet.

My step-mother was supposed to be at this store that very morning picking up a pair of jeans right when the store opened up. If it were not for my brother coming over to visit her and my father that morning, she may have been a 6th victim. She is still quite shaken up by this.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:21 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,179,639 times
The Brown's Chicken massacre went five years before an arrest. This one will be solved, too.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:01 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,344,148 times
Eventually it will be solved. Someone will let some detail slip.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:07 PM

49 posts, read 214,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
The Brown's Chicken massacre went five years before an arrest. This one will be solved, too.
I think it was more like 10 years??? That happened in the early 1990's.... I believe it was January 1993

Old 02-26-2008, 08:21 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,597,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmtt View Post
I think it was more like 10 years??? That happened in the early 1990's.... I believe it was January 1993
A little over 9 years to be exact.

Brown's Chicken massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-27-2008, 11:55 AM

18 posts, read 79,385 times
This just speaks to the investigative ability of the tinley park police just like in palatine the killer is probably right under there nose and they are overlooking him bring in some experienced cpd detectives and the case gets solved quick i guarantee

Old 03-02-2008, 07:33 AM

2,300 posts, read 6,181,094 times
It has nothing to do with police experience. The Brown's Chicken killer was only caught when a friend finally felt guilty enough to go to police. Unless the same thing happens here, the Tinley Park massacre will never be solved. There would be nobody in custody for the Brown's Chicken murders today if it wasn't for that.

Old 03-03-2008, 05:51 AM

4 posts, read 12,521 times
I know this will be solved. I know many people in Tinley Park including the police. I grew up in quiet Palos Heights which is five minutes away. Believe me, the police are all over this, but they are keeping things extremely quiet because they do not want to give things that they know away to the media. I have heard that they know exactly who did this, but they want to nail this guy down and want to dot their i's and cross their t's. They don't want to let him get away like "others" have gotten away in the past. I have heard that the person who survived knows who the killer was and that is why she is kept under guard. There is MORE to this situation then just a "random" shooting.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime