Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2016, 06:14 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,338,219 times

Advertisements

On GMA this morning there was a little blip that she had a broken nose and weighed 87 pounds. That speculations that she did this to herself are, and I quote, "preposterous".

We all know life can be stranger than fiction. I'm going to watch how things unfold and not jump to conclusions without facts.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:49 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
On GMA this morning there was a little blip that she had a broken nose and weighed 87 pounds. That speculations that she did this to herself are, and I quote, "preposterous".

We all know life can be stranger than fiction. I'm going to watch how things unfold and not jump to conclusions without facts.
I know years ago no one would have thought to speculate (at least not I) but we have seen too many cases where we are shocked and it's made us more wary and perhaps cynical...something feels off here...why haven't there been composite sketches being released or searches of where she may have been held...?I doubt that she was is a car all that time...?

Old 11-29-2016, 08:59 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,019,188 times
I'm sure she would have been appealing to them to let her go because of her 2 small children. If these 2 women were mothers that may have convinced them to let her go.

Old 11-29-2016, 09:25 AM

44 posts, read 42,495 times
This case is stranger than fiction right now, and it all just doesn't add up.

Here's an article yesterday, meant to clarify a few points. We originally heard she was dumped on the side of the road and "chained to something". Now, the sheriff says she actually got up and walked to a church!

http://www.redding.com/news/local/Sh...403474556.html

SP's husband has released a statement to GMA see below) saying she looked wretched, horrible, bruises everywhere, she had been branded, her nose broken. But the woman who saw her on the road said she looked fine physically?

And the sheriff is allowing the vague description of the abductors to hang out there, with no indication on why he believes SP's story that two Hispanic women kidnapped her. What makes him believe her story about two Hispanic women? What basis does he have?

I still have a nagging feeling that sheriff doesn't believe her story....

Keith Papini statement:

The first thing I would like to address is the overwhelming amount of gratitude our entire family has for the thousands of people that have been on this torturous journey with us. I cannot possibly name each and every person, although their names are eternally etched in our hearts. Thank you to our strong family, devoted friends, the entire Redding community, and countless communities around the world. Specific thanks to the Shasta County Sheriff”s department, FBI, NorCal Alliance for the Missing, The Lost Coast Trackers, Shasta Support Services, The Guardian Angels, my own personal A-Team, Cameron Gamble, Cody Salfen, Jim Linnan, Sean Ditty, Don Armstrong, Yolo County Sheriff's department and hospital, the medical personnel that helped our dear Sherri, social media, and many news outlets. Thank you to LRT Graphics and Signarama. Thank you to the extremely generous, anonymous as well as named donors all over the world whom selflessly gave to our family. Thank you to the many incredible humans that have never known Sherri that facilitated in sharing our heart break across the globe. Sherri has always captured my heart and it is no surprise that she has captured the hearts not only through the country, but throughout the world. Thank you, truly, immensely, sincerely, and with my entire heart.

Secondly, we live in a nation of free speech, accompanied with an era of technology that provides immediate gratification. This is a double edged sword. I am grateful for this system as it is what spread my wife's face quickly throughout the world, gaining the attention of thousands. The unfortunate side is that some people have been sitting in angering, expectant, positions waiting for the gory details.

Rumors, assumptions, lies, and hate have been both exhausting and disgusting. Those people should be ashamed of their malicious, sub human behavior. We are not going to allow those people to take away our spirit, love, or rejoice in our girl found alive and home where she belongs. I understand people want the story, pictures, proof that this was not some sort of hoax, plan to gain money, or some fabricated race war. I do not see a purpose in addressing each preposterous lie. Instead, may I give you a glimpse of the mixture of horror and elation that was my experience of reuniting with the love of my life and mother of our children.

Nothing could have prepared me for what I was about to see upon my arrival at the hospital, nor the details of the true hell I was about to hear. The mental prison I was in over the past three weeks was shattered when my questions of my wife's reality became known.

The officers warned me to brace myself. My first sight was my wife in a hospital bed, her face covered in bruises ranging from yellow to black because of repeated beatings, the bridge of her nose broken.

Her now emaciated body of 87 pounds was covered in multi colored bruises, severe burns, red rashes, and chain markings. Her signature long, blonde hair had been chopped off. She has been branded and I could feel the rise of her scabs under my fingers. She was thrown from a vehicle with a chain around her waist, attached to her wrists and a bag over her head. The same bag she used to flag someone down once she was able to free one of her hands. Sherri was taken from us for 22 days, and suffered incredibly through both intense physical agony and severe mental torture. My reaction was one of extreme happiness and overwhelming nausea as my eyes and hands scanned her body. I was filled with so much relief and revulsion at once. My Sherri suffered tremendously and all the visions swirling in your heads of her appearance, I assure you, are not as graphic and gruesome as the reality.

We are a very private family whom do not use social media outlets prior to this grotesque tragedy. My love for my wife took precedents and it was clear we had to be exposed in ways we never would have been comfortable with. So please have a heart and understand why we have asked for our privacy. This will be along road of healing for everyone. Ultimately, it was Sherri's will to survive that brought her home. Thank you.

Old 11-29-2016, 09:33 AM

44 posts, read 42,495 times
This just isn't right. In KP's statement above, he never mentions that the perpetrators must be caught, nor does he offer a more clear description of the kidnappers. All he does is extoll the virtues of his heroic wife in getting through the ordeal.

Last edited by Happiness1969; 11-29-2016 at 10:24 AM..

Old 11-29-2016, 11:29 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,338,219 times
Jesus, we certainly have become jaded and cynical. Unless we get full confirmation, with photos and all the juicy little details...

Sometimes just having the loved one back and ALIVE, makes one grateful they weren't found Dead.

Old 11-29-2016, 11:54 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Its interesting how the Sheriff is parsing almost every word used to describe what happened.

Also, while I realize he doesn't want to create alarm, seems kind of laid back about cautioning people when if the story is true there are a couple crazy women on the loose possibly working with a male engaging in things that sound a lot like sexual sadism.

Almost all the injuries described sound like things that could have happened in a consensual BDSM relationship, minus the broken nose.

Makes me wonder if she was pursuing some interest in that perhaps online and got involved in more than she bargained for.

In which case, they would have to walk a fine line, because even if she got herself into trouble, she still became a victim.

I don't know, just a lot of odd sounding stuff about this case.

Old 11-29-2016, 01:23 PM

16,711 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I don't know, just a lot of odd sounding stuff about this case.
I was able to dig up a lot of stuff (under the name Sherri Graeff, her maiden name) related to her being a skinhead and posting racist blogs about being a white supremacist and how her father was always standing up to the Latinos.

When her husband gave a statement, he himself said, "Rumors, assumptions, lies, and hate have been both exhausting and disgusting. Those people should be ashamed of their malicious, sub human behavior." subhuman? Isn't that what white supremacists call others?

She also apparently lied about an altercation with a gang of Latinos that supposedly came into her father's pizza store and beat her.

Take this with a grain of salt, of course:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarkMyWords...her_abduction/

https://web.archive.org/web/20071030...03/060101.html

It's entertaining if nothing else.

Last edited by convextech; 11-29-2016 at 01:37 PM..

Old 11-29-2016, 01:36 PM

44,628 posts, read 61,611,846 times
Be patient, we all know the whole truth will unfold on a future 'Dateline' segment.

Old 11-29-2016, 01:51 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Very strange how the kidnappers were Hispanic women who simply dropped her off without harming her.

Something's fishy and it ain't the tacos.

Ten bucks says she had an affair, called her husband to let him know she was coming home, and he beat the crap out of her.
Just a note here for those suspecting kidnapping (and you are right to be cynical) - kidnapping for ransom has just about disappeared from the realm of criminal activity that a criminal can get away with in this country, and thus will rarely attempt. One of the reasons is then you are involving the FBI and it's considerable resources. In other countries it's quite common, but not in the US unless it's associated with other criminal activity (i.e. drugs) where the victim and families are hesitant to involve police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime