Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2016, 06:53 PM

2,142 posts, read 2,281,145 times

Advertisements

^^^ Yep.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:33 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 3,311,796 times
My feeling? Yeah, something happened to her. She pissed off the wrong person (more than likely of Latino descent) and they retaliated. If those postings are truly hers, from when she wasn't married, that scenario wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Could be they (husband and wife) don't want to say anything about why it may have happened and that would explain a bit about the 'holes' in the story.

I do think something did happen to her. She just doesn't want the reason to come out.

^^ my thoughts on this whole thing.

Last edited by Robino1; 11-29-2016 at 08:43 PM.. Reason: spelling mistake ;)

Old 11-29-2016, 08:40 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,510,487 times
Fortunately we are judged by the court of law and not by the court of public opinion, but ............. It seems strange that her abductors would hold her and torture her for three weeks, then release her alive. If she escaped, if money was exchanged, it might make sense, they were taking an incredible risk by releasing her. There seems to be a lot of missing pieces and we won't know until the story has finally been written.

Old 11-30-2016, 04:47 AM

2,945 posts, read 4,968,836 times
The way she was found I think is the reason we're all so skeptical.

The more I read the more I'm thinking of Rosamund Pike in Gone Girl.

I'm leaning towards the affair story. The whole Find My Phone app. Why would he have installed that on her phone? Was he interested in her whereabouts beforehand because she's been shady and he wondered if there was someone else?

Friends/family call her a "super mom" so this could be a I'm doing all the work SAHM so the kids will be find with you for a bit while I get a break with whoever. And after awhile she started missing her kids so they staged it like a kidnapping and giving false details to throw police off the scent. Probably around week 2 she started feeling guilty so they did the battering to make it look like she's been through hell. Yes, Gone Girl was fictional but people do crazy things so it's not improbable.

With Trump winning just saying Hispanic/Latina women with guns will give enough people something to feed on to believe her story. Yes! Some are violent criminals just like he said....look at what they did to poor Sherri.

Old 11-30-2016, 05:05 AM

16,137 posts, read 10,279,114 times
All along I could not belive how cynical people were about this story. Then I read about her past and well.....

Old 11-30-2016, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnsleepy View Post
On Reddit discussion about this it says "sub human " is a well used Nazi/Aryan term. I wouldn't know, but if true well maybe those rumors are true. I don't know anyone personally who uses that term. It was noted since it was part of the husband's speech.
This was a great post, thanks for pointing it out. Can't wait to get to the bottom of this.

Old 11-30-2016, 10:03 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,501,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
Jesus, we certainly have become jaded and cynical. Unless we get full confirmation, with photos and all the juicy little details...

Sometimes just having the loved one back and ALIVE, makes one grateful they weren't found Dead.
Not everyone! I agree with you.

This is part of the internet age. You come in contact with people you wouldn't in real life or you'd stay the heck away from.

And I always wonder what skelatons are lurking in their closets that they assume the worst of others. The mirror reflecting right back at them.

Old 11-30-2016, 10:33 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,824,774 times
More recent reports, including a brief statement from her very shaken husband, indicate that Sherri was tortured throughout her captivity. Her nose was broken, her face was covered with bruises ranging from yellow to black and blue, indicating repeated blows over a period of time, her long hair was chopped off - and she was branded. She weighed 87 pounds. She was left with a chain around her waist (and I think hands) and with a bag over her head.

Her release sounds as if it was intended to leave a message - but for whom? And what was that message?

So much of this sounds like intense, violent anger directed at her personally. I will be glad when the alleged perps are found and arrested and charged - and their motivation is made known.

At first, this case sounded hinky to me, too.

No more.

Old 11-30-2016, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
More recent reports, including a brief statement from her very shaken husband, indicate that Sherri was tortured throughout her captivity. Her nose was broken, her face was covered with bruises ranging from yellow to black and blue, indicating repeated blows over a period of time, her long hair was chopped off - and she was branded. She weighed 87 pounds. She was left with a chain around her waist (and I think hands) and with a bag over her head.

Her release sounds as if it was intended to leave a message - but for whom? And what was that message?

So much of this sounds like intense, violent anger directed at her personally. I will be glad when the alleged perps are found and arrested and charged - and their motivation is made known.

At first, this case sounded hinky to me, too.

No more.
As I said I went the other way, at first believing but now having my doubts. If it was true perhaps the alleged skin head behavior was a motive?

Old 11-30-2016, 11:16 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,824,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
As I said I went the other way, at first believing but now having my doubts. If it was true perhaps the alleged skin head behavior was a motive?
No idea about the motivation, but the sheriff has confirmed the torturous mistreatment in an interview earlier today. Whatever this is about, I doubt if the victim inflicted it all on herself or arranged for other to do these horrific things to her, no matter what her own past behavior may have included. But her past, if confirmed, certainly could be a factor and needs to be examined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime