Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2016, 02:56 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Where do people keep finding things that were never said? They only found her IPhone and earplugs about a mile from her home. Cops wonder if Sherri Papini’s abductors PLANTED her iPhone in woods to throw them off scent before torturing her for three weeks.

Sherri Papini

It's amazing how people in these post pay very little attention to the actual information being released. I sure hope these folks never serve on a jury...such an injustice to the system.
I totally agree with you on the speculating part.

Actually, I appreciate how you are only sticking to what has been released. I can't tell you how it upsets me when people throw false information out there. It adds to confusion.

I hope the branding message or location on her body is never disclosed to the public. This could be good information to hold on to. I also hope the type of chain will not be disclosed either.

Old 12-01-2016, 02:58 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
I suggest you read post #194
Thanks.

Old 12-01-2016, 03:06 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,338,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnsleepy View Post
Just saw on my local news station she is in the hospital today, recovering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
I wondered how a "badly beaten" individual could be treated and released from the hospital rather than admitted. Especially since her husband stated she had been thrown from a car?

Also, why would the captor bother releasing her next to the road? Chained, no less?

Posting on Facebook two separate occasions where she had been attacked by Latino girls is very curious.
What are the facts? Is she or is she not in the hospital?

Anyone with factual links? Or reports?

Old 12-01-2016, 03:07 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
How do you know she didn't provide this info? The police are not releasing much info for a reason.
They released other identifying info. which is so sparse it likely will not identify anyone. Doesn't make sense they wouldn't release height/weight info if they have it.

Unless of course they don't believe they are looking for 2 Hispanic women and don't want the general public harassing random Hispanic women or generating tons of useless leads.

Possibly SP was too terrorized by whomever took her to give them real info. Possibly KP's behavior that seems at odds with LE is designed to send his own message to the abductors that they aren't really cooperating with LE.

Who knows? But, generally height/weight is released if known and police want help finding someone.

Old 12-01-2016, 03:10 PM

Quote:
What's so odd about that? Have you never heard of this app? I suggest you get it...it works great. Iv'e been able to locate where my lost phone was using this app. The apps been around for a long time.
Nasty? No I am not getting nasty by any means. I am posting clear observations. Would you like your fate being put in the hands of people who don't pay attention to the facts presented at a trial? Who instead go for their good ole speculation logic to determine your guilt or innocence?

It's pretty bad when people sit around speculating in a manner as to try to marginalize the victim in this case. I find those are the ones being "nasty".
This isn't a trial or a jury.

Old 12-01-2016, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
I wondered how a "badly beaten" individual could be treated and released from the hospital rather than admitted. Especially since her husband stated she had been thrown from a car?

Also, why would the captor bother releasing her next to the road? Chained, no less?

Posting on Facebook two separate occasions where she had been attacked by Latino girls is very curious.
I'm sure they would have taken her to the Emergency Room first. From there, they would have been able to treat any minor scrapes, give her IV fluids if necessary and examine her manually or do whatever imaging they felt necessary to determine internal injuries.

If nothing internal needed treatment, they would probably release her or maybe she just wanted to go home and refused admittance if it didn't seem necessary.

Old 12-01-2016, 03:32 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
They released other identifying info. which is so sparse it likely will not identify anyone. Doesn't make sense they wouldn't release height/weight info if they have it.
I understand that some people will never get it...but perhaps you might learn something if you read post #194.
Quote:
This isn't a trial or a jury.
You must be able to connect the dots. People being selected for juries are from the same pool of folks you find posting all of this hearsay and speculation.

So if and when this case ever makes it to a trial...I sure hope the speculators and the folks having trouble paying attention to the actual details are weeded out. I served on a jury recently and there were a handful of clueless jurors that acted as if they did not pay attention to one single detail over the course of a 2 day trial. I was stunned! Thankfully I took exceptional notes and highlighted the key pieces of evidence on the court manuscripts that were given to us to use during deliberation. Every time a clueless juror clearly demonstrated that they missed a big detail...I flipped to the page where I had highlighted it and instructed them to flip to that page and re-read the section. Our case would have been in deliberation for weeks at the rate those clueless jurors were going.

It pays to pay attention to details in life no matter what the situation is.

Old 12-01-2016, 03:41 PM

[quote=Matadora;46371557]I understand that some people will never get it...but perhaps you might learn something if you read post #194.

Please point me to the info in post 194 that explains that LE doesn't give out all identifying info they have when they are looking for a suspect.

Thanks.

Old 12-01-2016, 03:50 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
I understand that some people will never get it...but perhaps you might learn something if you read post #194.
Quote:
Please point me to the info in post 194 that explains that LE doesn't give out all identifying info they have when they are looking for a suspect.

Thanks.
Also show me that you have evidence that Papini did not provide those details.

Here you go as to why police don't give out all the details of a crime to the public during an ongoing investigation.

Police withhold evidence to help determine whether suspects they catch are guilty. If a suspect possesses nonpublic information about a crime, police reason, it is likely that he either committed it or knows who did. And a suspect's knowledge of nonpublic information can be used against him in court. Of course, it's tricky to get a suspect to reveal such information. During interrogations, police officers refrain from discussing nonpublic details of a crime in the hopes that a suspect will slip up and reveal that he knows some of them.

Withholding evidence also helps police rule out the possibility that a suspect might be confessing to a crime he didn't commit. False confessors often piece together information about a crime by obsessively tracking news stories and assembling as many details as they can. When questioned by police, they can sometimes offer convincing explanations of how they committed the crime. Police officers are trained to quickly determine whether such suspects know about the evidence they've withheld.

You can read the rest on your own.

How cops decide which details of a crime to make public.

Old 12-01-2016, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Also show me that you have evidence that Papini did not provide those details.

Here you go as to why police don't give out all the details of a crime to the public during an ongoing investigation.

Police withhold evidence to help determine whether suspects they catch are guilty. If a suspect possesses nonpublic information about a crime, police reason, it is likely that he either committed it or knows who did. And a suspect's knowledge of nonpublic information can be used against him in court. Of course, it's tricky to get a suspect to reveal such information. During interrogations, police officers refrain from discussing nonpublic details of a crime in the hopes that a suspect will slip up and reveal that he knows some of them.

Withholding evidence also helps police rule out the possibility that a suspect might be confessing to a crime he didn't commit. False confessors often piece together information about a crime by obsessively tracking news stories and assembling as many details as they can. When questioned by police, they can sometimes offer convincing explanations of how they committed the crime. Police officers are trained to quickly determine whether such suspects know about the evidence they've withheld.

You can read the rest on your own.

How cops decide which details of a crime to make public.
I didn't think you could point to anything that says LE doesn't release identifying info on suspects they are hunting.

But thanks for playing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime