Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 06:28 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times

Advertisements

I sat next to Christian Klar and Inge Viett at a Becker's Imbiß (a sort of "fast-food" restaurant) in Osterholz-Sharmbeck, Germany. They were terrorists with the German Red Army Brigade. That was around 1983 or so. They looked so haggard, I didn't even recognize them (even though I should have from the fliers that were circulating).

They were captured a few weeks later and imprisoned.

Old 02-12-2017, 10:00 AM

74,140 posts, read 1,836,301 times
The Uber driver (Jason Dalton) who killed 6 people in Michigan.
I knew him when he was a little boy, his father was a good friend.
Boy was young when I was around him, don't remember anything about him.
I have seen the father in over 30 years, as they moved to Michigan.
I also worked near a guy who murdered some guy, glad I didn't hang around him.

Old 02-12-2017, 10:10 AM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times
Now that the lunatic from Canada is being totally freed (the dude who decapitated a fellow passenger on a Greyhound bus), perhaps some of our Canadian friends will see the guy around town.

Old 02-12-2017, 06:07 PM

927 posts, read 969,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Now that the lunatic from Canada is being totally freed (the dude who decapitated a fellow passenger on a Greyhound bus), perhaps some of our Canadian friends will see the guy around town.
I'm assuming this is the schizophrenic killer that was recently released and has to take his medicine everyday as a requirement to his parole?

Old 02-13-2017, 01:20 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrider62 View Post
I'm assuming this is the schizophrenic killer that was recently released and has to take his medicine everyday as a requirement to his parole?

what!? every single day?

Old 02-13-2017, 01:45 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrider62 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
what!? every single day?
Yes that killer.

However, he was totally discharged, meaning he is free without any supervision. There is no parole.

So no one is there to ensure he is taking proper medication at proper intervals.

The infamous Sacramento killer Richard Chase was also a psychotic madman, and when he was placed into custody of his mother, his mother stopped Richard's medication. The horrifying bloodbath followed not long after.

So yes this is terrifying, and let's pray we no longer read of the Greyhound monster. If I saw him in public I'd stay far clear.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:36 PM

927 posts, read 969,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Yes that killer.

However, he was totally discharged, meaning he is free without any supervision. There is no parole.

So no one is there to ensure he is taking proper medication at proper intervals.

The infamous Sacramento killer Richard Chase was also a psychotic madman, and when he was placed into custody of his mother, his mother stopped Richard's medication. The horrifying bloodbath followed not long after.

So yes this is terrifying, and let's pray we no longer read of the Greyhound monster. If I saw him in public I'd stay far clear.
Yeah, I agree who is there to ensure he takes his daily dose of meds? Obviously, there was no one around the first time he missed his meds. What will be different this time? The guy is sick there is no doubt and I pity him and the victims and loved ones much, much more, but is releasing him going to make everything merry and happy again and what about him not taking his daily dose of meds? Future victims? There needs to be a better alternative IMO.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:00 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,559,399 times
Mohamed Atta, in a Las Vegas strip club...he and his al-Qaeda crew were laundering money .....they were buying "Diamond Dollars" with credit cards, then exchanging the "Diamond Dollars" for American dollars.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:21 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,044,753 times
Brock Adams.....United States Senator from Washington State.

Got into a elevator with him in Spokane, Washington with my wife and child. I kept the kid as far away from him as possible!!

On November 4, 1986, Adams was elected as a U.S. senator, narrowly defeating incumbent Republican Slade Gorton (677,471 to 650,931 votes, 50.66% to 48.67%).[3] Serving one term, he compiled a liberal record and was strongly supportive of his party's leadership. In 1992 he chose not to be a candidate for reelection after eight women made statements to The Seattle Times alleging that Adams had committed various acts of sexual misconduct, ranging from sexual harassment to rape.[4] Adams was accused by Kari Tupper, the daughter of a longtime friend, of drugging and assaulting her.[5] Adams denied the allegations, but his popularity statewide was weakened considerably by the scandal and he chose to retire rather than risk losing the seat for his party. Adams never lost an election, and lived in Stevensville, Maryland, until his death due to complications from Parkinson's disease

Old 02-17-2017, 10:55 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,895,809 times
Andrew Cunanan, spree killer of Gianni Versace and four others, including Jeffrey Trail who I also knew and was friends with. I didn't just encounter him once or twice but dozens of times as I was a waiter in his favorite restaurant and knew him socially out and about for a couple of years in San Diego. In fact, he came with Jeffrey Trail, to my house warming and gave me a great coffee table architecture book.

He was very intelligent, could speak at least peripherally on just about any subject, and delve deeper than that on most- had a crazy raucous, hyena-like laugh that was so distinct you could recognize it in an instant when he was present. He was always regaling in stories of questionable provenance yet sprinkling tidbits of knowledge and facts that, if you were not at all invested really into the relationship to care whether or not it was true, you just took it for face value and entertainment purposes and went on with your life

The whole sh*t show went down quickly. A couple of months after they were at my open house an overly possessive Andrew (we knew him as DaSilva, not Cunanan, in San Diego) met up with Jeffrey in Minneapolis who was/used to be his best friend and had recently moved there (Jeffrey was a honest, solid mid-western Naval Officer-a great and sweet guy) and murdered him, and then killed architect David Madison in Minnesota whom he had a brief relationship with, then Lee Miglin in Chicago, who rumors had it that he (Andrew) knew him (gay tryst), and then some poor cemetery caretaker in New Jersey to steal his car and then he made his way down to Miami and killed Gianni Versace, who may or may not have met him some brief time years earlier. All in a couple of weeks. The whole thing was crazy! The day Gianni was murdered a buddy of mine who was a valet at the restaurant we worked at together casually joked that Andrew killed Versace juat hours after that the news was released when we went roller blading (it was the '90s) together at the beach- and low and behold...

For a couple of days we were all paranoid that Andrew would come back during gay pride and take any number of us down just before he finally killed himself a couple of days later.

He was a very flamboyant, entertaining and sometimes eye-rolling ridiculous with his stories and personality, but never for a moment thought he would be over the deep end as he did. I was even interviewed by a (I thought) local reporter after it all happened, and the whole thing ended up on CNN international as I had folks who knew me tell me they saw the reports in Asia- the last time I ever talk to the press!

Last edited by T. Damon; 02-17-2017 at 11:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime