Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 02:13 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
See? I knew it. Nice media clean up. Tonya - BAD. Nancy - GOOD.

I remember watching the TV thinking first "this is terrible". Then as she continued that whining and crying and asking "Why MEEEEEEEEE?????
I said to the TV - why the hell not you?" Honestly, I'd never heard victims of any crime or catastrophe, personalize it the way way Kerrigan did. She acted like a spoiled princess.
Again, she was attacked with a baseball bat. Is there a script for what you're supposed to say when you're attacked with a baseball bat?

Old 02-22-2018, 02:28 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Beg to disagree. I watched the whole thing. She was not only crying in pain, which is understandable, she was saying "Why meee?" in an extremely annoying manner. As though nothing bad had ever happened in her charmed life.

Anyone else?
I do not hear "why me?", only "why?"

She did say "help me" after the whys and describing being hit with a hard black stick.

Even if she had said "why me?" why is that "whining"? Wouldn't anyone wonder the same thing in that situation? It's not as if she knew at that point that the attack was to benefit a competitor.

Old 02-22-2018, 02:30 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,557,555 times
Quote:
I said to the TV - why the hell not you?" Honestly, I'd never heard victims of any crime or catastrophe, personalize it the way way Kerrigan did. She acted like a spoiled princess.
That's pretty harsh. She's an Olympic athlete.

Old 02-22-2018, 02:55 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,234,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoMartin View Post
That's pretty harsh. She's an Olympic athlete.

Exactly. She's an Olympic athlete. Olympians get hurt. Ice skating is not for sissies.

I've seen children and elderly people weather war, floods, fire, victims of crime or murder, act with more dignity and less whining and self pity. Crying is normal. Bawling, wailing, whining, laced with words of shameless self pity is undignified.

Old 02-22-2018, 03:59 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Exactly. She's an Olympic athlete. Olympians get hurt. Ice skating is not for sissies.

I've seen children and elderly people weather war, floods, fire, victims of crime or murder, act with more dignity and less whining and self pity. Crying is normal. Bawling, wailing, whining, laced with words of shameless self pity is undignified.
As far as I know she is the only Olympic athlete to get attacked with a baseball bat to try to keep her from competing.

I suspect that many athletes who are injured in competition have actually said, "Why me?"

Kerrigan did not say, "Why me?" in that video.

Old 02-22-2018, 04:36 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times
Quote:

Really? How many natural catastrophes have you been involved in? Also, you've seen victims of murder act with more dignity? How so? I mean, given the fact they're dead, how do they act with dignity? I find that just a teeny bit hard to believe.

Old 02-22-2018, 04:39 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,305,849 times
Quote:

The girl was right in the middle of excruciating pain, for Pete's sake! Sheesh, people!

Old 02-22-2018, 04:43 PM

26,727 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
The girl was right in the middle of excruciating pain, for Pete's sake! Sheesh, people!
Exactly.

Old 02-23-2018, 08:16 AM

3,631 posts, read 7,671,817 times
For those not old enough to remember, at the time when this all went down Tonya Harding easily became considered one of the most despicable women the US.

I don't feel the hatred was unjustified...I have not one shred of sympathy for the woman then OR now.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:00 AM

109 posts, read 66,718 times
Quote:
See? I knew it. Nice media clean up. Tonya - BAD. Nancy - GOOD.

I remember watching the TV thinking first "this is terrible". Then as she continued that whining and crying and asking "Why MEEEEEEEEE?????
A (mis)quote on a headline is not going to cut it. As most have figured out by now, the media often get things wrong. We have the video from when Kerrigan was attacked. At no point in that clip do I hear her say "why ME". Are you suggesting the tape was edited, or what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime