Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2017, 12:12 AM

258 posts, read 291,736 times

Advertisements

This has been a somewhat ongoing issue with me that I've decided to bring to your attention. Basically it involves some drama that happened a while back involving an alleged rapist that has allegedly attacked a couple of people in a community I was part of some time back, and due to certain circumstances I'm not exactly the most confident in my ability to return back and try and help out in person.

Anyways, I'm wondering how (if at all) it's possible to arrest this rapist in question without getting my name involved - basically remote control the whole thing

Old 02-27-2017, 09:26 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,492,874 times
I guess it depends on what it would require to apprehend him.

If he left DNA, it seems all you would need do is tell the police his name so they can get a sample to test. You can do that anonymously with crime stoppers, or a lawyer would probably call them for you and keep your name out of it for a small fee.

If no DNA, it will probably be more complicated. If it depends on your word, like if he confessed to you, or if you're the only one who saw him leaving the victim's house, then I don't see how it can be done without your involvement and possibly trial testimony.

Old 03-01-2017, 04:46 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I guess it depends on what it would require to apprehend him.

If he left DNA, it seems all you would need do is tell the police his name so they can get a sample to test. You can do that anonymously with crime stoppers, or a lawyer would probably call them for you and keep your name out of it for a small fee.

If no DNA, it will probably be more complicated. If it depends on your word, like if he confessed to you, or if you're the only one who saw him leaving the victim's house, then I don't see how it can be done without your involvement and possibly trial testimony.
If the OP is just an 'observer', meaning they 'know' this info, but were not directly involved... It'd take more than their word to effect an arrest. They could give an anonymous tip to a crimestoppers line and likely get an investigation started if their story were credible enough. You're not going to make a call and they're going to go arrest the person in question.

But, they would likely have nothing to do so far as a trial, because (I'm assuming) all their information is hearsay. And, obviously, if they left the anonymous tip, they wouldn't know who to call to trial in the first place.

If THEY were involved, meaning they were the one raped.. Everyone has the right to face their accuser. So, they'd have to be involved in the trial at that point. Now, if they were raped, and there were others.. Their testimony might not be required to convict him on enough charges to put him away for a long time..

Old 03-01-2017, 04:50 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,320,358 times
If the crime was already reported then a crime stopper tip would cause them to investigate him. Did the victim not name him? Once you report it to the law, you're involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime