Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2019, 05:02 PM

1,047 posts, read 1,002,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I continue to feel so strongly that she walked out in the woods, and she walked much, much further than they thought she could have before freezing.

I wonder why the former owner wouldn't let the house be searched, though? That's pretty weird.
The most likely explanation by far. She was drunk, tried to commit suicide by stopping up the exhaust but realized she would be found too quickly, and just grabbed a bottle and wandered off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2019, 01:03 PM

35,512 posts, read 17,705,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb100 View Post
The most likely explanation by far. She was drunk, tried to commit suicide by stopping up the exhaust but realized she would be found too quickly, and just grabbed a bottle and wandered off.
I had wondered why there was the exhaust was blocked also, but I think her father Fred has answered that pretty definitively.

She had some kind of an oil leak, and the white smoke pouring out of her exhaust would likely attract a cop to stop her. With her recent reckless behaviors, her dad didn't want her to attract any more attention from police and suggested she stop her her exhaust with a rag, so she did.

Like so MANY cases of people who wander off into the wilderness, though, Law Enforcement very often greatly underestimates how far they can go before become exhausted.

Old 04-09-2019, 02:51 AM

6,522 posts, read 6,670,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I had wondered why there was the exhaust was blocked also, but I think her father Fred has answered that pretty definitively.

She had some kind of an oil leak, and the white smoke pouring out of her exhaust would likely attract a cop to stop her. With her recent reckless behaviors, her dad didn't want her to attract any more attention from police and suggested she stop her exhaust with a rag, so she did.

Like so MANY cases of people who wander off into the wilderness, though, Law Enforcement very often greatly underestimates how far they can go before become exhausted.
I'm 50/50 on she either wandered off into the woods & perished or she was abducted., though I lean slightly for abduction if I had to choose. This case has been over-analyzed to death. The only reasonable way she could have made her way out of the search area was to run down the side of the road, and not one passing car saw her that evening.

The snow was too deep in the fields off to the sides of the road for her to make any headway without leaving a visible trail. You always end up at square one again with this case. There's really just too little evidence to move the case forward.

Old 04-12-2019, 01:25 PM

752 posts, read 1,480,206 times
I still think the authorities have some more information that they've kept to themselves, though safe to say it is a case with little useful clues and evidence. I tend to lean a tad towards an abduction, though until more is revealed, it can only be speculation. Something tells me there was someone else involved in her plans---and either they were driving in tandem, or were supposed to meet up at a point. That could explain why she seemingly 'vanished' from the scene of where her car was found---she left in another vehicle.

Old 04-12-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin023 View Post
I still think the authorities have some more information that they've kept to themselves, though safe to say it is a case with little useful clues and evidence. I tend to lean a tad towards an abduction, though until more is revealed, it can only be speculation. Something tells me there was someone else involved in her plans---and either they were driving in tandem, or were supposed to meet up at a point. That could explain why she seemingly 'vanished' from the scene of where her car was found---she left in another vehicle.
I think they do too - whether it's material to her disappearance or not, who knows.

And I think they've been petty and small in the way they've handled her father, Fred Murray, and find it odd that they won't allow him to look through the investigation documents, as if they've got something to hide.

Old 04-12-2019, 08:13 PM

6,522 posts, read 6,670,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbg123 View Post
don't be ridiculous, she succumbed to the elements. then wildlife scattered her remains across a wide area. that's almost certain. the odds for a serial killer are 0.001%.
Did not have to be a serial killer; just a crime of opportunity. Young female, alone, possibly inebriated, on a country road at night in northern NH.

They did a thorough search of the area & found no tracks, for miles, leading onto the adjacent fields & woods. No new snow fell to cover up any tracks. They had a helicopter scan the area. For sure she could have perished in the woods, but it's far from certain that she did.

Old 04-13-2019, 07:55 PM

There is, of course, the outside chance she is still alive and living below the radar.

That happens, but usually it's with children or with much less-publicized cases in adults.

Old 04-14-2019, 11:40 AM

26,648 posts, read 13,594,731 times
I don’t think she ran away. She did her homework before leaving town. Why bother if her plan was to run off or commit suicide? I think someone who lived near the crash site and who made weird remarks about her disappearance took advantage of an opportunity, took her and eventually killed her.

Old 04-14-2019, 02:18 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,422,290 times
Too bad they can't figure out who called her and made her cry right before she disappeared. That might be a good lead.

Old 04-14-2019, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Too bad they can't figure out who called her and made her cry right before she disappeared. That might be a good lead.
That's what I think Law Enforcement might know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime