Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 10:33 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,518,561 times

Advertisements

Wow, Wow, Wow......Did anyone see Dateline tonight? It was a case in Carrollton, Texas, about a man with deep- religious beliefs, married, with two daughters, very well-set in his community and respected, who plotted to kill his wife, for his new girl friend.......

If you did see it, please comment on it......thank you,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2017, 10:45 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,448,254 times
But...but....His kids said he is innocent (and even testified to that statement!) ,so He simply must be innocent. Good thing the jury/judge saw things in fairness. Let this Guy stay behind bars. His ex wife certainly didn't deserve losing an eye.....

Old 12-23-2017, 06:55 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,080,364 times
yes I started to watch it and then turned it off because he looked guilty from the start of things and his kids need to get their head and heart straight before they defend him big time .

Old 12-23-2017, 08:08 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
I was watching it but as usual, fell asleep about 15-20 minutes before the end. Glad I have IDgo on my tablet.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:36 AM

2,180 posts, read 2,318,692 times
"You're a preacher's son. You know better than that." Andrea's questions and comments are irritating sometimes. She's the ultimate Captain Obvious.

The blond daughter really believes in her dad's innocence, but I wasn't sure the other daughter was as convinced. She seemed to defer to her sister.

The group of criminals really were the Hee Haw gang! LOL

I think the husband did it.

Old 12-23-2017, 11:21 AM

44,625 posts, read 61,603,272 times
The daughters are in denial as happens in many family cases. Pretty much a lock on the husband who is a Jekyl/Hyde person.

Old 12-23-2017, 11:54 AM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
Those daughters should be ashamed. Their mom gets shot in the face and they basically turned their backs on her to defend their dad who was clearly involved.

I understand wanting to believe their dad, but why betray your mom when she wasn't even pointing the finger at their dad. They were sickening.

Old 12-23-2017, 07:14 PM

5,576 posts, read 6,504,647 times
I am so glad to see this topic, I watched and was thinking about it this morning as well. Although when the daughters were so adamant that their father was innocent I turned it off in disgust. Denial is a powerful emotion, been there myself. But it made me angry that they sided with their father and not their mother. Wonder what the family dynamics were that caused this. I then googled this case and saw he was found guilty, as I expected.

Noticed the son/brother was not involved in this episode. He is between the 2 girls in age. I bet he sides with his mother, he is not buying his father' innocence, and therefore he is estranged from his sisters.

The "hype" about "John" annoyed me greatly. I had figured it was the husband, but the storyline was all about "John" and "you'll never guess who was driving the Jag"/Beemer/or whatever high end car they spoke of. So this made me doubt the husband, I was thinking the son (since he was not part of this episode) or even a husband of one of the daughters. Nope, "John" was the husband, but he went by "Frank" in real life.

This whole thing just made me sad. That poor woman, Satan invaded her life and she never realized it. I can't imagine the hurt and betrayal she had to feel, and the memories will be with her the rest of her life, and I am assuming without her daughters (this was first shown in 2014, hopefully they have reconciled by now).

Old 12-25-2017, 12:57 PM

2,503 posts, read 2,072,428 times
I've read on the Dateline facebook page that they have reconciled. And things are better.
In fact Nancy Shore herself posted on the page. Chk it out.

Old 12-25-2017, 02:31 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,489,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
The daughters are in denial as happens in many family cases. Pretty much a lock on the husband who is a Jekyl/Hyde person.
I remember the case of another minister who killed 2 wives. AB Schirmer. His daughters stuck by him too. It was SO obvious during the trial that he was guilty, and both daughters (from the first woman he killed) were saying there was no evidence against him and they didn't understand how the jury voted guilty.

It seems to me as though they are able to idolize their father more than most because he's a preacher, and preachers know better. They wouldn't murder anyone!

https://www.inquisitr.com/2595478/a-...er-betty-jean/

Jim Fisher True Crime: Pastor Arthur Burton Schirmer: The Singing Minister of Death
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime