Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2018, 02:48 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,292,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
There is nothing to suggest he forced her to go, or got her drunk, is there?
He was there. She didn't go alone. To say she wound up there solely as a result of her own decision doesn't even make sense. There were two people involved in this.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:09 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,447,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Ha ha...........I think you are ascribing to what I wrote things I did not mean.

Everything you describe is before the incident whatever it was happened.

What I was describing was after the incident, when she woke up to being national news..........quite a bit different.

I also don't see 18-22 year old college students as the peers of an already graduated from college 24 year old. Although, admittedly other than the fact she wanted to spend time with her younger sister, it seems a bit immature that she was even attending this party.
There are 24yr olds in college; associations not the issue. Drinking along with a frat house of underagers was a poor desicion. Of the 40 attending how many were even of legal drinking age?

Old 01-08-2018, 03:11 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,493,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
He was there. She didn't go alone. To say she wound up there solely as a result of her own decision doesn't even make sense. There were two people involved in this.
He didn't say she went alone. He didn't say there was only one person involved in this. If you are going to engage folks in discussion, don't lie about what is being said.

And she DID make the decision to go with him. Had she not agreed to go, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Of the 40 attending how many were even of legal drinking age?
I always wonder how they get away with that. College tribunals act independently of law enforcement when it comes to sexual assault, but under-aged drinking is a way of life there. It hasn't stopped.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:21 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,292,160 times
Quote:
He didn't say she went alone. He didn't say there was only one person involved in this. If you are going to engage folks in discussion, don't lie about what is being said.

And she DID make the decision to go with him. Had she not agreed to go, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
He said she wound up there solely as a result of her own decision. If not for Brock, I doubt she would have gone behind a dumpster and stood there by herself for no reason. What do you think?

Old 01-08-2018, 03:25 PM

It looks like he does have to attend substance abuse counseling and avoid alcohol and drugs.

https://www.stanforddaily.com/2016/0...ol-counseling/

Old 01-08-2018, 03:30 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,447,771 times
Quote:
I always wonder how they get away with that. College tribunals act independently of law enforcement when it comes to sexual assault, but under-aged drinking is a way of life there. It hasn't stopped.
It's accepted and been the norm for decades. How many deaths from hazing?

Old 01-08-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
He said she wound up there solely as a result of her own decision. If not for Brock, I doubt she would have gone behind a dumpster and stood there by herself for no reason. What do you think?

What he said was...
Quote:
Ultimately, this is a young woman who believes(has been taught) that she is free to consume
whatever amount of alcohol she wants, and whatever decisions she makes afterward are not her
responsibility. "Well, if I did consent, it's because I was drunk, and you should've known I was too drunk
to consent, so you're a sexual predator. It doesn't matter that you were drunk too". She was behind
that dumpster that night as a result of the decisions that SHE made, period.
Did Brock get her drunk? Did he force her to leave the party with him? Did he put her behind a dumpster?
The answer to all three is no because....
Quote:
Let's get one thing straight, neither Brock nor his victim were kids, they were legal adults. Our society needs to stop infantilizing college students..
That's what I think.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
It's accepted and been the norm for decades. How many deaths from hazing?
Jeeez, I read a couple of these and just can't keep going...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

Old 01-08-2018, 04:20 PM

35,512 posts, read 17,698,634 times
So from another perspective, how would this night have ended if she were slightly less drunk? My guess is, she would have been able to make it back to her place with him and have sex. But she was so drunk that she didn't make it far before passing out.

I don't know how exactly they ended up back behind the dumpster. I don't know if they were grabbing and groping and rolling around and she passed out - if that's the case, honestly it's hard to charge him with a felony.

It's not like he picked her up unconscious, removed her from the party and took her behind the dumpster.

I do know that very drunk young men can maintain an erection. Those who don't believe that maybe didn't get out much in college.

The charge of rape should mean something, because it's a horrific act. I'm not sure this one meets that criteria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime