Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 04:36 PM

927 posts, read 969,728 times

Advertisements

https://heavy.com/news/2017/09/danie...urders-photos/

The suspect they had sure has a striking resemblance to the composite drawing. Nations is a creepy guy that's for sure. I am curious what information the cops are withholding from the public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2020, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
The composite is based on information provided by someone who also saw him on the trail that day.

The case is just bizarre...a straightforward abduction and murder in a secluded wooded area isn't the case here. The girls were apparently abducted at the end of the bridge and taken to a private property across the street from another the private property bordering the trail. Held, tortured and murdered in a barn on that property and then after searchers had left the area for the night, the bodies were then moved to a secluded area of the private property nearest to the trail. Law enforcement has apparently eliminated the possibility of a catfish.
It's truly a mystery.
Where did you gather this information on Such a tight lipped case? I never found anything of the sort and this 2020 a few years after this case started.

Old 02-16-2021, 08:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,282 times
Default The perp

This guy either was an authority figure that they knew or he had a weapon (gun) and they felt they couldn't outrun him. Also, someone slipped up when talking to a reporter about the last news conference that if the perp was in the room it would force them to go out and "strangle" someone else. So if he did strangle them, it had to be one at a time leaving one an opportunity to escape. If was a crime of opportunity, what were the chances that he knew these girls would be there?

Old 02-20-2021, 06:31 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonita01 View Post
This guy either was an authority figure that they knew or he had a weapon (gun) and they felt they couldn't outrun him. Also, someone slipped up when talking to a reporter about the last news conference that if the perp was in the room it would force them to go out and "strangle" someone else. So if he did strangle them, it had to be one at a time leaving one an opportunity to escape. If was a crime of opportunity, what were the chances that he knew these girls would be there?
I would agree with you, but my mind changed during the Carlie Brucia investigation of 2004. It was a shocking crime. Anyone witnessing Joseph Smith approaching Carlie, a COMPLETE stranger to him, and getting her to quickly come with him while he was yelling at her would make the witness believe she was his daughter/girlfriend/who knows what. I don't think anyone witnessing that crime would suspect she did not know him and he was abducting her.

Maybe it's the same for these girls. Maybe for some unknown reason, they followed the murderer's instructions with no rational reason to do so.

Old 04-30-2021, 05:30 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
I don't have any details but I heard on radio a 10yr old girl was rescued from a home 15 minutes from the murders...and the perp looks so much like the composite!!!Fingers crossed!

Old 04-30-2021, 06:40 PM

5,713 posts, read 4,286,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I don't have any details but I heard on radio a 10yr old girl was rescued from a home 15 minutes from the murders...and the perp looks so much like the composite!!!Fingers crossed!

Yep, 9 year old girl I read and he does look very much like the Delphi sketch. What a creep. I'm so glad they got there in time.

Old 04-30-2021, 06:46 PM

5,713 posts, read 4,286,950 times

https://www.crimeonline.com/2021/04/...urders-report/

Old 04-30-2021, 07:01 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Yep, 9 year old girl I read and he does look very much like the Delphi sketch. What a creep. I'm so glad they got there in time.
Amazing resemblance...let's hope this is the same dirtbag...

Old 05-01-2021, 12:39 AM

Looks like the guy to me hope, they can find some kind of evidence or get a confession.

Old 05-01-2021, 12:46 AM

https://abcnews.go.com/US/delphi-mur...ry?id=77364836

More information on this guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime