Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 01:36 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times

Advertisements

https://truecrimetruant.com/index.php/tag/erika-sifrit/

Although Erika Sifrit received a life sentence plus 20 years, her husband BJ, could be eligible for parole in 2021.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2018, 01:47 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,855,774 times
I've read a book on these two and seen a tv show on the crimes too.

That was one of the worst crimes I've known about...just unbelievable. And planned really...

He just had to keep escalating to get a high from his crimes. I remember she said she found him in the tub with both heads in the water with him. He got a high from that?

She was just as bad...and got caught with the couple's personal belongings.

That poor murdered couple.....likely drunk when they decided to leave with the crazy couple.....otherwise their personal radar might have gone off. I'd never go to someone's room that I'd only known a few hours...

Thanks, very interesting story...but scary. And so evil...

Old 08-20-2018, 03:06 PM

I want to read the book "Cruel Death" about the Sifrits. I've already read an interview with the author. He said Erika was just as evil as BJ, if not more so. Also says the reason BJ was kicked out of the Navy Seals was because of Erika, but he didn't say what that was. I guess I'll have to read the book to find out.

Both BJ and Erika had so many advantages in life that others don't have, but they threw it all away.

Old 08-20-2018, 03:33 PM

That's the one I read....don't remember why she was responsible for him being kicked out.

I read a lot of true crime and this was certainly one of the most fascinating...

Old 08-20-2018, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
That's the one I read....don't remember why she was responsible for him being kicked out.
g...
It's possible she was being difficult and creating problems in the relationship; the author seems to believe Erika had some control over BJ. Which could have caused him to have difficulty in his Navy SEAL career.

What's interesting is that BJs family has never wanted to talk to the press about him at all. I bet the author had to do a lot of research to write anything about BJ. His family, likely has shame about him. Erika's family did do interviews, predictably, they cast her as the victim of a controlling man, sort of like a domestic abuse victim. It just doesn't fly, though. She clearly had sociopathic tendencies.

Old 02-08-2019, 01:31 PM

Did anyone see this show on Oxygen network?

Old 02-08-2019, 02:13 PM

Reçently, you mean???

I've seen several on them...so bizarre. One of the worst/most fascinating stories in recent memory.

Old 02-08-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Reçently, you mean???

I've seen several on them...so bizarre. One of the worst/most fascinating stories in recent memory.
I think there have been at least 2 on Oxygen network. One was on Snapped.

I wanted more insight into studies of whether Erika was considered a sociopath. I cannot find anything about that. It was fairly well known that BJ had issues (I believe a dishonorable discharge from Navy) but Erika had a picture perfect background. There seems to be nothing in her past that would suggest a future as a criminal.

Old 02-08-2019, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I think there have been at least 2 on Oxygen network. One was on Snapped.

I wanted more insight into studies of whether Erika was considered a sociopath. I cannot find anything about that. It was fairly well known that BJ had issues (I believe a dishonorable discharge from Navy) but Erika had a picture perfect background. There seems to be nothing in her past that would suggest a future as a criminal.
I saw on the internet she had bad CD and hoarded Hooters memorabilia (they were arrested for stealing Hooters stuff)....that's enough to get you started as crazy...

Cruel Death is available on Amazon...

Old 02-08-2019, 06:40 PM

Quote:
I saw on the internet she had bad CD and hoarded Hooters memorabilia (they were arrested for stealing Hooters stuff)....that's enough to get you started as crazy...

Cruel Death is available on Amazon...
They stole the Hooter's memorabilia after they committed the murders, if I remember correctly. Not before.

She had obsessive compulsive disorder but lots of people do.

She seemed very, very depraved but not much about her childhood is discussed, except that she was an honor student who played basketball.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime