Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 07:07 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,093,395 times

Advertisements

She is a pilot & a flight instructor.

https://www.planeandpilotmag.com/art.../#.XBBrdoplChB

Quote:
The case got a strange twist on Monday, December 10th, when Woodland Park Police Chief Miles De Young, held a press conference to update the missing person investigation and a few puzzling anomalies came up. The most baffling was when Chief De Young said that Berreth had requested time off from work at the Colorado Springs flight school where she is an instructor. But that request, authorities now say, was made by text from Berreth's phone three days after Berreth had gone missing. De Young offered no explanation.
I don’t think that was her that sent the text. It had to be somebody she knew, trying to buy themselves some time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2018, 05:27 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Even if not involved, sorry pal, you look like a piece of shyt.

You'd have to ask him':
Police chief's cold response to why fiancé of missing Colorado mom refused to take part in press conference about her disappearance after failing to report her missing.

He has not made any public appeals for information which could lead to finding her, and his absence was glaring at Monday's press conference

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...formation.html

Old 12-12-2018, 06:08 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,678,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
What? Surely you are not implying she has fault in her own disappearance....

what do you mean?
I mean, women are increasingly becoming victims of these horrible situations. I don't imply she is at fault AT ALL. That thought never crossed my mind.

Old 12-12-2018, 06:26 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
I think when the fiancé does not want to appear on camera or says nothing then there is cause for something . Yes I do believe the fiancé is in it up to his eyeballs . Im sorry my thoughts are she is gone and fiancé is trying to come up with enough time to cover his tracks and his butt . I hope if he is involved he saves the taxpayers time and court costs and just confesses . and for Gods sake let her family know where her remains are so they can give her a proper funeral .

Old 12-12-2018, 07:17 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,607 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Interesting. I read on another site that while there is virtually nothing in Gooding, Idaho, a town of 3500 residents, there is a premier addiction treatment center there, the Walker Institute.

She's a pilot, and any addiction to narcotics would cause her to lose her license.

Is the fiance covering for her?

Old 12-12-2018, 07:28 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Interesting. I read on another site that while there is virtually nothing in Gooding, Idaho, a town of 3500 residents, there is a premier addiction treatment center there, the Walker Institute.

She's a pilot, and any addiction to narcotics would cause her to lose her license.

Don't you think the addiction center would have called the authorities and told them that all is alright and she is there ? I mean one would think a director or someone who is in charge of that center would have called the fbi and told them there was no reason for concern . career or not they should call at least the fbi and let them know she is not harmed and is not missing .

Old 12-12-2018, 07:40 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Don't you think the addiction center would have called the authorities and told them that all is alright and she is there ? I mean one would think a director or someone who is in charge of that center would have called the fbi and told them there was no reason for concern . career or not they should call at least the fbi and let them know she is not harmed and is not missing .
I don't think HiPAA laws allow for that. If the FBI contacted them, with a legal request for that information, they'd likely have to give it.

This caught my eye because it would explain the fiance's absolute lack of concern. Usually when a woman is actually missing, the fiance is very concerned. When the fiance killed the woman, he usually acts really over the top concerned.

This guy is acting like he wants this story to just go away and he's not even going to fake concern.

Also, the fact that she's a pilot instructor fits into this puzzle too. It's not like admitting she'd gone for treatment would be kind of embarrassing, it would halt her career she's passionate about.

Also, her mother's statements that she is kind of perfect are a concern. In my observation, the more a mother says "this is absolutely out of character that she would run off", it's very likely she did just that. As if she can't express any negative character flaws to her mother.

Old 12-12-2018, 07:55 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:

Possibly. Then she needs to call authorities somewhere. Somethings off with his photo.....I was reported missing while in a safe house. Only one person knew where I was. We did a 3 way call with police; no I'm not missing. Other questions of where and why were never asked.

Old 12-12-2018, 07:59 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
Quote:
I don't think HiPAA laws allow for that. If the FBI contacted them, with a legal request for that information, they'd likely have to give it.
Hippa laws? Nope. They can definitely call and say "she is here." no medical info needed.

Old 12-12-2018, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Hippa laws? Nope. They can definitely call and say "she is here." no medical info needed.
That's not true.

I can't even get an answer from my college kid's doctor if he was ever a patient there when I was trying to help get required vaccination records.

They can not release that she's in a drug rehab facility to the public without her permission.

And it's HIPAA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime