Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 11:02 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
AGAIN....wrong. In this case, someone of authority can call and say she's safe.

And your son's stuff is a different story. Of course they can't tell some stranger who called them about your adult sons med history. Not sure why you would think they would.
I'm saying, even though the receptionist recognized me and knows me, she was unable to even tell me whether my son was a patient there (although in fact, I was the one driving him there and she knew that).

I don't know, in this case, with her being only declared "missing" where the HiPAA law falls, especially in a case as confidential as rehab would be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2018, 11:03 AM

3,217 posts, read 2,431,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasie123 View Post
A mother of a one-year-old, has disappeared in Colorado, and her mobile telephone was found in Idaho. Her family states she does not know anyone in Idaho. Soon, we will know.....!!!!
I don't believe the phone has been found, but it pinged in Idaho. I am sure the police are looking at the fiance/boyfriend/father of child as to where he was between Thanksgiving and Dec 2 when she was reported missing. Does he have anyone who can verify he was in Colorado? This is not to say she didn't just take off, that happens as well but it is suspicious.

Old 12-12-2018, 11:07 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

Here ya go, LLCNYC.

In order for a drug and alcohol treatment center to release information, law enforcement must subpoena it from the facility, or the patient herself can give permission to release her intake information.

Unless the FBI has subpoena'd a treatment facility, they can not tell she's there.

They can't just make a plea, through the media and a press conference, hey anybody know where she is? and get a response from a treatment facility. Because of Hipaa.

http://adaiclearinghouse.org/downloa...atment-103.pdf

Edited to add: Actually, in rereading, you apparently can't even get intake information with a subpoena, without the consent of the patient.

Last edited by ClaraC; 12-12-2018 at 11:28 AM..

Old 12-12-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
I don't believe the phone has been found, but it pinged in Idaho. I am sure the police are looking at the fiance/boyfriend/father of child as to where he was between Thanksgiving and Dec 2 when she was reported missing. Does he have anyone who can verify he was in Colorado? This is not to say she didn't just take off, that happens as well but it is suspicious.
I wonder if the FBI has subpoena'd the phone company for her records?

On our phone records, you can see every call placed and every text placed, although you can't read the content of the texts.

Also, her bank records. I haven't read that they've gotten any warrants or subpoenas at all, and I believe those are public information.

Old 12-12-2018, 12:33 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The fiance has retained an attorney, Jeremy Lowe.

Here's his statement, covered in a reporter's tweet:

https://twitter.com/KristinHaubrich

They state that the fiance didn't attend the press conference because he was only informed of it one hour before the time it was held, and had he had more time, he would have attended.

Interesting though... his attorney doesnt say why his failure to report her missing??

If I were asked for buccal swabs by police like a suspect....fiance or not rehab wouldn't be kept secret.

Last edited by virgode; 12-12-2018 at 12:41 PM..

Old 12-12-2018, 03:17 PM

[Woodland Park Police Chief Miles De Young said at Monday’s press conference that police had not searched Frazee’s home but said it was a possibility.

De Young said police have not identified any suspects but also do not believe there is reason to think the community is in danger.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gazette...a03c3.amp.html

Old 12-12-2018, 03:44 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
Quote:
Here ya go, LLCNYC.

In order for a drug and alcohol treatment center to release information, law enforcement must subpoena it from the facility, or the patient herself can give permission to release her intake information.

Unless the FBI has subpoena'd a treatment facility, they can not tell she's there.

They can't just make a plea, through the media and a press conference, hey anybody know where she is? and get a response from a treatment facility. Because of Hipaa.

http://adaiclearinghouse.org/downloa...atment-103.pdf

Edited to add: Actually, in rereading, you apparently can't even get intake information with a subpoena, without the consent of the patient.
Again why are we even discussing this rehab place??? Because it's in same town were her phone last pinged??? Unless it literally pinged inside the rehab place this plot is a non-starter...just smearing the poor young mother and adding a red herring...fiancé was last person to see her alive and 9 times out of ten it's a male close to the victim...There is no rush to get inside his home...he had a ten day head start...they are making their case with cell phones and closed circuit tv and alike...it's just a matter of time before they bring him in...hence him lawyering up...

Old 12-12-2018, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Again why are we even discussing this rehab place??? Because it's in same town were her phone last pinged??? Unless it literally pinged inside the rehab place this plot is a non-starter...just smearing the poor young mother and adding a red herring...fiancé was last person to see her alive and 9 times out of ten it's a male close to the victim...There is no rush to get inside his home...he had a ten day head start...they are making their case with cell phones and closed circuit tv and alike...it's just a matter of time before they bring him in...hence him lawyering up...
Why smear him with no hard evidence?

And actually the stat is just over half of women murdered are murdered by their intimate partner.

And we don't have a body yet, so we're not even into the just over 1/2 statistic.

Most women who go missing are found alive.

What I really don't get, on forums like this, is some people who don't know the people personally and are trading on very little information get so angry at posters who are hoping the woman is actually alive somehow. It's like you want her to be dead?

Old 12-13-2018, 10:01 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
Quote:

And actually the stat is just over half of women murdered are murdered by their intimate partner.

And we don't have a body yet, so we're not even into the just over 1/2 statistic.

What I really don't get, on forums like this, is some people who don't know the people personally and are trading on very little information get so angry at posters who are hoping the woman is actually alive somehow. It's like you want her to be dead?
Oh please Just by what was left behind at her home proves this wasn't a planned stay at a rehab... so my point was it's a needless some would say dumb (not me ) swipe at the victim...I'll accept your statistic and I'm still good with my theory fiancé had something to do with her disappearance ...I would love nothing more if she shows up tomorrow...having hope is a good quality to have however flipping the script to smear the victim with no evidence is not a good quality...

Old 12-13-2018, 10:15 AM

Quote:

I'm open to alternatives in this case, despite suspicions about her fiance.
I dont know FBI actual statistics on the number found alive and well; almost 50% of missing persons are women, and true majority are resolved.

Missing by choice takes advance planning. Impossible to rent a car or fly without ID and credit card. She either doesnt want to be found...or not ready to be found. Unfortunate for investigators and FBIs waste of time if someone simply wants a new start in life.

Investigators aren't releasing much.
As it should be. In the past, when law enforcement makes a statement to the public " they arent in danger ",they're usually onto something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime