Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 07:34 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times

Advertisements

BITTER BLOOD
by Jerry Bledsoe

Have read it likely 10 times, so fascinating. Family murders with a whacked out daughter and her crazy cousin boyfriend...reads like a thriller/mystery. First time I read this big book in 2 days, could not put it down...

In the end I believe the death total wäs 9.

This also happened at the time I was living in one of the towns that were
involved...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2019, 07:36 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,960,626 times
In Cold Blood.
classic.

Old 04-19-2019, 08:46 PM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
I also definitely recommend In Cold Blood. Also, Perfect Murder, Perfect Town.

However, if you like true life books with an element of danger, I would also recommend A Perfect Storm and A Night to Remember.

Old 04-19-2019, 10:56 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I noticed the discussion of Small Sacrifices so I assume we have some other Ann Rule fans around here. Has anyone read If You Really Loved Me? This is the one that started it all for me. I picked this up in a library one day and couldn't put it down. It was so fascinating to see someone like David Brown and get insight into his actions from Rule. Always felt sorry for his daughter. I think she is out of prison. Is the sister who helped with the murder out as well?
Yes! Another good one. Both the book and the movie. David Brown was a control freak and a narcissist.I do feel sorry for Cinnamon.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:42 AM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Me too....I think I've read all AR's books.
I used to read all of them until she started to write about random serial killers. I find the stories where the people have relations much more interesting like:

Everything She Ever Wanted and that one about the guy who murdered his wife. I think they made a movie of that one with Annette O'toole? And they also made a movie as I recall for Everything She Ever Wanted. Ann had an amazing way of building that one up to a climax. Then there was the one about the guy in Delaware who was having an affair with the young woman and he killed her. I miss those books. Sometimes if you wait a long time, you can re-read them.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:57 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Another thread with a lot of suggestions:

//www.city-data.com/forum/true-...rime-book.html

Old 04-20-2019, 09:34 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I used to read all of them until she started to write about random serial killers. I find the stories where the people have relations much more interesting like:

Everything She Ever Wanted and that one about the guy who murdered his wife. I think they made a movie of that one with Annette O'toole? And they also made a movie as I recall for Everything She Ever Wanted. Ann had an amazing way of building that one up to a climax. Then there was the one about the guy in Delaware who was having an affair with the young woman and he killed her. I miss those books. Sometimes if you wait a long time, you can re-read them.

Yes, I do keep and re-read....love her style, miss her/new books.

Old 04-20-2019, 01:05 PM

4,515 posts, read 2,520,191 times
Victim
That book got me started reading true crime books.
Stereo shop robbery in ogden utah, by 2 military soldiers, who ended up killing 3 people and severely injuring 2. Onecwas a young ROTC student that wanted to be a pilot. Hecwas hanged, forced to drink bleach, shot in the head and his dad i believe was shot, hanged and had a pencil kicked into his ear drum. (He lived).
It was a horrific torture/killing.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:50 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Ann Rule's book about Ted Bundy. "The Stranger Beside Me."

Old 04-21-2019, 01:53 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,405,054 times
I'd suggest Helter Skelter, by Vincent Bugliosi and Curt Gentry. It's about the Charles Manson murders and trial. Bugliosi was the prosecutor in the trial, and brings a first-person perspective to the trial that would be difficult for anybody not involved in the proceedings to report.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime