Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2021, 04:10 AM

23,789 posts, read 33,234,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHoLee View Post
Keith Morrison has a podcast called Mommy Doomsday. I think there are supposed to be 6 episodes eventually, and the first is up now. Watch free on this page.

https://podcasts.apple.com/be/podcas...y/id1540849480

Keith gave an interview to an EIN reporter where he says they are making a movie with Renee Zellweger in the starring role. It's the video at the top of this story. EDITED: The movie with RZ is on a different true crime story The Thing About Pam. Sorry for the confusion.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2021/0...emieres-today/
Let us know how it was if you listen to it. I don't do podcasts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2021, 07:49 AM

21,447 posts, read 12,568,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Let us know how it was if you listen to it. I don't do podcasts.
It was Keith Morrison: in other words, droll and melodramatic! Love him, but it's slow-moving and mostly stuff we've heard already.

Thanks for providing the link, though!

Old 02-17-2021, 09:56 AM

1,763 posts, read 1,138,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
It was Keith Morrison: in other words, droll and melodramatic! Love him, but it's slow-moving and mostly stuff we've heard already.

Thanks for providing the link, though!
Ha ha . . . I like listening to Keith. His voice is melodramatic, but I enjoy it.

April in Hawaii tells about Lori coming to stay with her and telling her Charles was having an affair. April said she never believed it. She said the story Lori told just didn't make sense, but she didn't say exactly what Lori had said about it.

Kay Woodcock said she asked Lori what happened to Joe Ryan not too long after he had died. Lori went on a rampage about how his body rotted for 3 weeks because nobody cared enough to notice he was missing, and that God removed him from the face of the earth because he was no good for nothing. Kay and Larry don't believe Joe died of natural causes, partly because of Lori's attitude during that chat.

Other than that, I think it was all stuff we've heard before.

There's a hearing for Lori this morning. Means is trying to get it delayed, but he didn't file until yesterday so who knows if it will occur. I'll let you know if anything interesting happens.

Old 03-14-2021, 01:02 PM

Ex Parte motion for a protective order filed. No one knows who filed it or what it's about, or even know if it is to protect a person or information.

This attorney says it's either an indication of one turning on the other, or new charges being filed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LoriVallow/...n_and_why_did/

Old 03-17-2021, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Ex Parte motion for a protective order filed. No one knows who filed it or what it's about, or even know if it is to protect a person or information.

This attorney says it's either an indication of one turning on the other, or new charges being filed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LoriVallow/...n_and_why_did/

It would be nice if one turned on the other. I'd like to think Lori turned on him to try to save herself because he committed the murders but I could be wrong.

Old 03-17-2021, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
It would be nice if one turned on the other. I'd like to think Lori turned on him to try to save herself because he committed the murders but I could be wrong.
Yeah, I have no idea what's going on, but I hope one of them turned and is telling the whole truth. And hopefully, whichever one that is only gets the death penalty taken off the table, nothing more.

I've actually heard some opinions that Lori killed the kids. It makes sense with JJ, because he was a handful and ran around a lot at night. I wonder if all that tape on him was Lori trying to make him be quiet and lay down for the rest of the night? It was awfully risky to make him disappear the night she had house guests. It's more likely she lost her temper and did something that wasn't planned -- at least not that soon.

Old 03-17-2021, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I have no idea what's going on, but I hope one of them turned and is telling the whole truth. And hopefully, whichever one that is only gets the death penalty taken off the table, nothing more.

I've actually heard some opinions that Lori killed the kids. It makes sense with JJ, because he was a handful and ran around a lot at night. I wonder if all that tape on him was Lori trying to make him be quiet and lay down for the rest of the night? It was awfully risky to make him disappear the night she had house guests. It's more likely she lost her temper and did something that wasn't planned -- at least not that soon.

I think Alex doped him up/ over dosed him when he brought him to his house. Lori may have given him an initial dose of some sort of sleeping pill but I feel others did her killing. He most likely killed his wife, that's why I feel it was him and not Lori.

Old 03-20-2021, 11:40 AM

The special prosecutor has asked permission to bring an out of state attorney who specializes in capital murder and death penalty cases onto his team. Finally we're seeing some movement towards murder charges! No indication if they're for Tammy or for the kids, but at least a murder charge is coming.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2021/0...join-the-case/

Old 03-21-2021, 02:35 AM

Quote:
The special prosecutor has asked permission to bring an out of state attorney who specializes in capital murder and death penalty cases onto his team. Finally we're seeing some movement towards murder charges! No indication if they're for Tammy or for the kids, but at least a murder charge is coming.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2021/0...join-the-case/
Smart move.

From your article...

Quote:
Wood explained his reasoning for the additional attorney in a letter, obtained by EastIdahoNews.com, that was sent to the Madison County Commissioners on Tuesday.

“Few offices our size across the county have the manpower to manage a case of this magnitude without sacrificing their day-to-day obligations,” Wood wrote. “The temporary addition of an experienced prosecutor to work on the Daybell case will enable us to meet the increased manpower demands during the duration of this high-profile matter and ensure justice for the victims and people of Madison County.”

Wood calls Smith “a veteran homicide prosecutor” with 25 years of experience in complex criminal cases. Her resume includes over 100 homicide and death penalty cases and she currently works as a special prosecutor throughout Missouri to help other prosecutors.

“There is also a long-term benefit to having Ms. Smith as part of our team for the next several months,” Wood wrote in his letter. “While we have an excellent staff of skilled prosecutors in the office and our community enjoys relatively low crime rates, the criminal litigation experience and teaching instruction Ms. Smith brings with her will help prepare our team for future complex situations if and when they arise.”

If Boyce approves the motion, Wood or any other Madison County Deputy Prosecuting attorney would need to accompany Smith to proceedings unless the judge approves that she can attend alone.

Within the past week, two additional filings were made in the Daybell case. One is an order to seal part of the case and the other is a motion to protect certain information in the case from being released outside of attorneys involved.

The Daybells are now scheduled for a motion hearing on Monday at 3 p.m. to discuss the potential addition of Smith to the case.

Old 05-26-2021, 12:13 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,562 posts, read 57,481,475 times
Default Charges filed 25 May 2021

Long time coming, hope it sticks,

RIP a lot of innocent and misled people.
Chad Daybell and Vallow are both charged with first-degree murder of the children and conspiracy to commit first-degree murder against all three victims, according to court documents.

Daybell also is charged with murder in the case of his ex-wife, Tammy, who died in her sleep a few weeks before Daybell got remarried.

The indictments cite the couple's "religious beliefs" as a factor in the murders.

Daybell also is charged with insurance fraud, while Vallow is charged with grand theft for allegedly continuing to draw Social Security benefits for her children after their deaths.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/25/us/ch...ges/index.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime