Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2022, 05:02 PM

12 posts, read 9,725 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2022, 07:15 PM

145 posts, read 79,785 times
Abduction and murder of Adam Walsh

Old 03-17-2022, 08:35 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Jason Jolkowski

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disapp...ason_Jolkowski

He looks like my oldest son, and I wonder all the time what happened to this sweet boy.

Old 03-17-2022, 10:56 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,779,656 times
Sharon Tate et al. I knew the people who rented the Cielo Drive house prior to Sharon Tate and friends. I didn't realize my acquaintances had moved so when the news came out about a multiple murder on Cielo Drive I just about went into shock.

I found out the morning the murders were discovered when my mother called me and said, "Don't you have friends on Cielo Drive? There's been a terrible multiple murder." I will never ever forget that moment and the aftermath when all of us who lived in the area were living in a state of constant high anxiety not knowing where the Manson gang would strike next.

Then when the gang was rounded up and the Spahn Ranch came into the picture, it was one more startling moment. I boarded my horse in Chatsworth not far from there and we'd ride all over those hills. We knew there were weird people who lived on the Spahn place. And we'd see them dumpster-diving at Ralph's grocery store when we'd go there to get snacks after riding. Little did we know what monsters they were.

Indelibly etched in my mind. I'd better go read something light and frothy before bed or I'm going to have nightmares tonight - just typing this brought it all back.

Old 03-18-2022, 03:05 AM

927 posts, read 969,728 times
Probably the zodiac killer. Still hasn't been found and been to most of the crime sites. I also feared being killed by him with plenty of friends when I was young child.

Old 03-18-2022, 09:44 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
JonBenet Ramsey
The Black Dahlia
Jack the Ripper

(I am fascinated by any horrific and unsolved murders.)

Old 03-18-2022, 09:40 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,508,599 times
I have been following True Crime for many years. Discovered author Ann Rule and my interest took off. Read every book of hers I could get my hands on. The following 2 crimes were not an Ann Rule book.

Two stand out in my mind that bother me to this day. Both happened very close together. Both were very similar as the victims in both cases were mothers who had taken their daughters, and a friend, on vacations that ended with all their murders at the hands of evil men.

Oba Chandler-crime occurred in 1989. I had his execution date written on my calendar and I celebrated that day after I confirmed he was dead. I would have willingly pulled the switch to fry this guy. A mother and her 2 daughters.

Cory Stayner-crime occurred in 1999. He is the brother of a boy who was kidnapped in the '70's and was later found alive. There was a movie about it, "I Know My (First?) Name is Steven". A mother, her daughter and the daughters friend. Also a 4th female, a park ranger.

Old 03-19-2022, 12:13 AM

63 posts, read 70,510 times
Jodi Huisentruit.

I will never again be able to leave my residence in the very early morning hours without going into a state of panic.

Old 03-19-2022, 07:54 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,157,771 times
Sherri Rasmussen who was killed by her new husband's former girlfriend, Stephanie Lazarus who happened to be a cop. It sticks with me because it went unsolved for decades and because of the interrogation video that was made when detectives finally figured out it was one of their own.

https://murderpedia.org/female.L/l/l...-stephanie.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5ljpPTNvCM - full interrogation

Stacey Castor poisoned at least one husband and probably two for money. When the police started closing in on her for the 2nd husband, she poisoned her own daughter and left a fake suicide note with her daughter claiming responsibility for poisoning both her father and stepfather. I can't get over how horrible some people are. I also remember this one because Stacey to her dying day vehemently claimed she didn't poison her husbands or daughter, and kept a straight face doing it. I think she's one I would have believed if there hadn't been so much evidence against her.

https://murderpedia.org/female.C/c/castor-stacey.htm

Old 03-19-2022, 01:00 PM

924 posts, read 751,852 times
I would say that was one which I remember seeing in People magazine, this being when I was in elementary school.

I don't remember many details, just that Laurie Dann had walked into a classroom and shot some young children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime