Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2022, 05:14 PM

8,850 posts, read 5,316,152 times

Advertisements

https://www.cbsnews.com/philadelphia...lLGko0pJ6uQmCo

I had long hoped this case would be solved, but thought we would only be able to identify him. Now it appears criminal charges will be filed.

* make that may be filed.

Last edited by Minethatbird; 11-30-2022 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: erroneous info corrected
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2022, 10:30 PM

35,512 posts, read 17,676,943 times
Wow. It seems that DNA will be solving more and more previously unsolved cases.

And it does seem that once we have the ID of the child, it seems that the caregivers didn't report him missing, so they'd automatically be the suspects.

So he was born around 1951. What are the odds his parents are still living? Seems slim.

Old 12-01-2022, 12:48 AM

23,783 posts, read 33,224,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
https://www.cbsnews.com/philadelphia...lLGko0pJ6uQmCo

I had long hoped this case would be solved, but thought we would only be able to identify him. Now it appears criminal charges will be filed.

* make that may be filed.

I've followed his case since 2009. I'm very happy to see this. Last I read the lady (Colleen Fitzpatrick) working his case did not get enough usable DNA but technology has been rapidly getting better.

Old 12-03-2022, 08:39 PM

25 posts, read 10,914 times
The county in question is the one in which the DuPonts live, thus the speculation that this child was among the DuPont children who were hidden from public view by the family. I tend to doubt it, but who knows?

Old 12-04-2022, 07:34 AM

4,703 posts, read 4,351,886 times
Wow! I am glad I looked at the True Crime thread today.
This case has been stuck in my brain ( and heart) for a long time- since I first learned of it which I think was from reading a book The Murder Room.
There are a few books with that name- the one I am referencing is non fiction about a society of detectives who meet annually in Philadelphia to review cold case files.

https://www.amazon.com/Murder-Room-S...0160750&sr=8-1

I know I've posted from time to time about that- and anytime people ask what case still haunts.
The article was pretty vague, I guess intentionally but I am somewhat relieved that at least the identity has been determined.
It's so touching to read about the people tending the grave all along.
Im not sure I get the Dupont reference, but anything is possible.

Old 12-05-2022, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
Wow! I am glad I looked at the True Crime thread today.
This case has been stuck in my brain ( and heart) for a long time- since I first learned of it which I think was from reading a book The Murder Room.
There are a few books with that name- the one I am referencing is non fiction about a society of detectives who meet annually in Philadelphia to review cold case files.

https://www.amazon.com/Murder-Room-S...0160750&sr=8-1

I know I've posted from time to time about that- and anytime people ask what case still haunts.
The article was pretty vague, I guess intentionally but I am somewhat relieved that at least the identity has been determined.
It's so touching to read about the people tending the grave all along.
There was a children's home not far from where his body was found. A theory was he was an abused child from the home. There were also theories he was not even in the system, which I guess is why they specifically said they had a birth certificate.

Old 12-05-2022, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
There were a couple of statements claiming the child has some ties to a prominent area family.

Old 12-07-2022, 07:33 AM

I just watched some network morning news show which I rarely do. Anyway they said that a press conference will be held tomorrow (Dec 8) at 11 am to update this story and they suggested the identity will be revealed.

Old 12-08-2022, 10:50 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,112,488 times
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ec9a58a78df7e8

I just found this on MSN.

Zerilli is the name of a crime family, wonder if it's the same family and if he was perhaps killed as a revenge thing?

Old 12-08-2022, 05:08 PM

Yes, I am just seeing this on the local ( Philly ) news coverage. Not much information but for sure his name, and his parents are both deceased. They said he has siblings on both maternal and paternal sides which I guess suggests the parents may not have been married? They said they are not releasing the parents names out of respect for the siblings .
But they are hoping that now that the name has been revealed that it will trigger some memories or some tips.
Such a tragedy that has haunted me since I first read about it (which was only about 10 or 15 years ago)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime