Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2023, 06:26 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exception View Post
You're missing one. There was unknown male DNA found on Victoria. The 'mother' and boyfriend were not even in the apartment at the time Victoria was murdered. I think the cousin of the boyfriend was the one who actually murdered her. But they're all evil, and all are responsible definitely. Sick monsters. They never caught the one that left unknown male DNA. He's still walking around free.
With the advances in DNA testing someday he will be unmasked but until that day he has to be constantly living in terror.

As far as rapists serving time in prison I would be fine with 20 years if only they had to wear a sign around their neck stating "I raped little girls" while in the general population.

Unfortunately that is not how it works so 100 years is fine with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2023, 10:09 AM

53 posts, read 40,886 times
This is so heartbreaking and upsetting. I can't even fathom what this 10-year-old had to go through yet as if it weren't enough...they mutilate her.

May the Lord Jesus deal with them!!

Old 04-23-2023, 12:20 PM

5,713 posts, read 4,289,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latincoffee View Post
This is so heartbreaking and upsetting. I can't even fathom what this 10-year-old had to go through yet as if it weren't enough...they mutilate her.

May the Lord Jesus deal with them!!

Ah, if he was going to deal with them wouldn't he have done that before they raped and killed her?

Old 04-23-2023, 01:04 PM

5 posts, read 5,736 times
People are free to make their own choices.

Old 04-23-2023, 06:05 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,508,599 times
[quote=Labonte18;64857825]It depends fro me.. I'm fascinated with the West Memphis Three case. While I don't run around saying the three are innocent.. I do say that they are Not Guilty. there wasn't enough there to convict them, so.. The way things are right now with that is.. As right as they can be.

But.. I often look at many cases with child abuse allegations with something of a skeptical eye. Which.. Isn't exactly politically correct.. But.. I remember things like the McMartin Daycare case.. Where people were convicted on testimony of the kids being taken to underground dungeons, and being snatched by people flying broomsticks and the like.

Also.. I read this book..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Godby_Johnson

And.. That did turn me into a bit of a skeptic.[/QUOTE]

And I don't blame you. One has to view anything in life with a critical eye. These headline news stories are meant to grab our attention, and then when read are poorly informative. I always say "there is ALWAYS" more to the story" and many times it is not as it appears upon the first impression.

I remember the McMartin Daycare case extremely well. It was the 80's, and child abuse was beginning to become known to the masses via the MSM, who we know always hypes up the public's fears. So much so that it drove parents to panic status. This was an awful case and ruined many lives. Do you also remember the mother who was a professional took her child and left the country rather than allow the father visitation as decreed by the court, her reason being sexual abuse? It was never proven, and the couple were going through an acrimonious divorce.

Old 04-25-2023, 12:27 AM

2,070 posts, read 2,384,008 times
Early on in the investigation, the mother Michelle Martens gave many false statements to the police about her daughter's torture, rape, murder, and mutilation as well as previous rapes. As someone mentioned, later DNA analysis, cellphone data, and witness interviews contadicted Michelle's account. Michelle and her boyfriend were not at the apartment during Victoria's murder. They were out buying marijuana. Michelle's court psychiatrist and attorney described her as having a lower than normal IQ and being a "people pleaser." According to her attorney, she has spent her life saying things to please people and would respond to police interviews in a way she thinks they would like.

Michelle invited the guy who had a criminal record to move in the day after meeting him on a dating/hook up website about a month before the murder and then allowed his female cousin who had just been released from prison to also stay at the apartment. The cousin was high on meth the night Victoria died and was seen with Victoria by neighbors. The cousin states that she told her male cousin when he got back from buying marijuana that Victoria was dead and he later helped her clean up the crime scene. Not clear if Michelle knew at the time. Fortunately Victoria's younger brother was staying with his dad that night.

Last edited by ABQ2015; 04-25-2023 at 12:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime