Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2008, 02:28 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,424,534 times

Advertisements

Tonight at Tru TV (previously court TV) is doing a one hour program talking about the DC sniper from the point of view of his wife. Apparently he had been a loving husband and Father before he decided to go about shooting down innocent people.

It starts at 9pm tonight EST.

Frankly I have been curious about who these two people were and what stress event triggered this kind of abherent behavior. It surely has gone down in history as a horrible time for that area of the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 05:43 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,653,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Tonight at Tru TV (previously court TV) is doing a one hour program talking about the DC sniper from the point of view of his wife. Apparently he had been a loving husband and Father before he decided to go about shooting down innocent people.

It starts at 9pm tonight EST.

Frankly I have been curious about who these two people were and what stress event triggered this kind of abherent behavior. It surely has gone down in history as a horrible time for that area of the country.
Lindsay, my granddaughter was going to the school with the young boy was shot by that sniper in Bowie, Maryland, she knew the young boy and I knew the principal of the school personally, he is a good friend of mine, he is no longer a principal, he retired the following year and never went back to teaching. The whole idea behind the shootings was that the woman's husband had plans on shooting her and all of these other shootings was to hide the fact that he was trying to assassinate her, kind of tragic isn't it, that so many other innocent people had to die.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:09 PM

483 posts, read 2,093,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Stress event?

For once, couldn't we drop the political correctness double talk and call it what
it is: evil?

Some people are born evil, others have to work at it. Only rarely are there external
causes which can justifiably be blamed. And even in those cases, a little research
will likely turn up someone else who suffered the same, yet turned out to be an upstanding citizen and boon to mankind.

Old 06-02-2008, 04:45 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,424,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvm View Post
Stress event?

For once, couldn't we drop the political correctness double talk and call it what
it is: evil?

Some people are born evil, others have to work at it. Only rarely are there external
causes which can justifiably be blamed. And even in those cases, a little research
will likely turn up someone else who suffered the same, yet turned out to be an upstanding citizen and boon to mankind.
Well the reality is when someone goes NUTS like this guy did, there is usually some event that sets them off. That doesn't mean he isn't responsible, it only means there was a trigger. In fact after watching the show the wife spoke of an event that seemed to change who he was, or something that triggered him.

He was evil, but from what the wife said, that evil lay dormant in him until that point in his life.

I sat and watched the whole show and cried for the people who were gunned down, innocent people going on about their lives AND especially for the child that was shot. I can't imagine the fear of the people who lived in that area AND for parents. I couldn't have sent my child to school.

I watched the Officer, I guess he was a Sheriff as tears rolled down his face for the victims. I just can't imagine the effects this had on everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime