Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 10:22 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,862,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
The difference is that they didn't know. This women allowed her child to be alone and even stay the night at her uncles home.
Well, apples don't usually fall far from the tree I'm sure she isn't much better than he is. Sorry I'm so judgemental about all this but stuff like this makes my blood boil!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 10:40 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,323,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I hate to disagree with you, but have you ever been in an older model single wide trailer? Not exactly soundproof. Plus they knew their uncle (relative of some sort) was a convicted child molester. And the kicker is that the missing girl was from a trailer across the road ----- they knew. And they deserve life sentences for that knowledge imho.
No, I've never been in a trailer - I assumed you meant the girl was dead when he was hiding her in the closet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
Well, apples don't usually fall far from the tree I'm sure she isn't much better than he is. Sorry I'm so judgemental about all this but stuff like this makes my blood boil!
You're probably right, though. They all this doctors on tv last night talking abou the fact that the mother and the aunt were both involved with sex offenders indicates that they were probably exposed to sex at an early age and they consider their partner's behaviors to be normal.

I thought that was a bunch of crap. From what I've seen, victims of child abuse, sexual or otherwise, usually causes them to be more protective of their children.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:16 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,576,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I agree, it has been proven that they can't be reabilitated, they repeat the crime over and over, they serve no purpose in life other than to harm children.
So, why are pedophiles and child rapist allowed back into society, and why are the permitted to still be breathing air! Because 5 s***heads on the US Supreme Court ruled that executing the above dirtbags amounted to "cruel and unusual punishment"! Why are these a-hole judges and justices so concerned with the "rights" and perceptions of the felons! I like China's method of justice, they just take you out and shoot you! End of problem and no 20 years of appeals! Quick and efficient!

Old 07-03-2008, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
They won't get the death penalty. The uncle will get life in prison, which will be paid for with our tax dollars, and the step-father might get 3-5 for obstruction. The worse thing that would happen to them is that the other inmates beat up on them. But that's our justice system at work.
The inmates will take care of what the "justice system" doesn't! Guaranteed that they don't get out of prison alive!

Old 07-03-2008, 04:12 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,065,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
My then 15 year old niece ran away to California with a 42 year old man who is now the father of her 7 year old child! And where did they meet? In a chat room, of course!
What prison is he in?

Old 07-03-2008, 04:14 PM

Does no one consider it odd that this girl's mother and father are not seen on tv? I have heard an aunt speak, and her real father spoke but was not on tv. I think the whole family is a bit off. But again, most crimes of this nature are within a family.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:28 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,301,128 times
Quote:
So, why are pedophiles and child rapist allowed back into society, and why are the permitted to still be breathing air! Because 5 s***heads on the US Supreme Court ruled that executing the above dirtbags amounted to "cruel and unusual punishment"! Why are these a-hole judges and justices so concerned with the "rights" and perceptions of the felons! I like China's method of justice, they just take you out and shoot you! End of problem and no 20 years of appeals! Quick and efficient!
5 years ago a guy kidnapped, raped and then buried a little girl alive, you probably remember this from the news, I just saw the other day that although this guy admitted what he did and showed where he buried her and the autopsy proved she was buried alive and his DNA, this guy is still in court over this, it's open and shut, this guy should not be breathing and yet we the tax payers have spent millions on him. What a messed up system.

Old 07-03-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard
My then 15 year old niece ran away to California with a 42 year old man who is now the father of her 7 year old child! And where did they meet? In a chat room, of course!

janeannwho
Quote:
What prison is he in?
The "runaway" was determined to be consensual, there was no proof of statutory sex and no charges were ever brought against the man who married my niece when she turned 18.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:50 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,263,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Child rapists deserve exceptionally long prison sentences if not life imprisonment --- certainly moreso then your average drug dealer. Why doesn't the three strikes laws pertain to sex predetors? Why are they coddled when they are in prison? I have a brother who has spent time in both state and federal facilities and he says that child molesters are universally reviled, yet they are untouchable. If you beat on of them, the punishment is doubled then if you got into a fight with another inmate whose charges do not include child rape. It makes a person wonder....why the protection? Why the leniency? Certainly the average citizen would just as soon see them hanging from a rope.
As far as the the poor girls mother goes....of course they won't charge her. Remember the little girl who was being held in a closet in a single wide trailer by a sex offender before he buried her alive in Florida? He was living with three relatives.....none of whom knew, heard, and saw nothing. And they weren't charged, and they are now free. It really makes a person wonder........
I, too, have a brother who has "done time". In fact he is currently doing time, for DUI, the 3 strikes rule (3 DUI's in 10 years, spread out but still)...

You are correct on how they are "untouchable" in prison.

He is taking his lumps, but he is disgusted with the revolving door HE sees for those convicted of sexual crimes against CHILDREN. He has seen them come in, be released, and come back, all during the time he has spent doing time for his DUI.

No one is saying he shouldn't be serving time for his crimes, but shouldn't baby rapers be serving a little bit LONGER sentences?? Shouldn't they be getting life with NO CHANCE for parole since it's been proven over and over that they cannot be rehabilitated? Can't we let loose some of the perpetrators of victimless crimes, the small time drug offenders, etc., to make room for these predators?

When you parole someone who was in on drug related crimes, (especially when they were using and their crimes are related to addiction vs. "just dealing"), you can pee test them and keep track. When you parole someone who was in for DUI, there are ways to keep them from driving. What about the child molesters? There's no "pee test" for that.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard

janeannwho

The "runaway" was determined to be consensual, there was no proof of statutory sex and no charges were ever brought against the man who married my niece when she turned 18.
The reason I asked, is that my cousin was 16 and had decided she would "catch" an older man so she did not have to go to college or ever work. A very, very 1950s attitude which seemed odd in the 70s, but she married him 48 when she was 17, she is now 50 and his dead and she is rich and happy. Not my lifestyle, but he was not a pedophile, just an older man who had a young woman when they married. My mother in law was 17 when she married in 1949, and my father in law was 34. I guess there is a difference between May and December and pedophilia?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime