Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2008, 11:42 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Someone on tv last night said Antisocial Personality Disorder- or something similar.
I'm certain there will be many labels/diagnoses and they really won't mean much to me. I can somewhat understand what led the woman in TX/Angela ??? to do what she did since she had had years of previous problems. It's more difficult to understand Casey and Susan Smith.

It's possible that since her Dad was in law enforcement she had heard many stories and is perhaps egoistical enough to believe that it's possible to commit 'The Perfect Crime'. That really is insane, jmo.

If you are capable of premeditation could you also be considered insane?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 02:48 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
There a lot of incidents like this happen what makes this little girl so special to end up on constant rotation on the news?
Very good point...and its' been made before. It seems a reality that in our country, if you're white and attractive with at least a middle class background you will get more attention. Just an observation.

Old 12-13-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
They've already made a deal...no death penalty. She'll get life without parole. The state needs to spend the extra dollars and give her the electric chair with a dry sponge!
Actually they can decide to change the charges, contingent upon if that body is Caylee.

Old 12-13-2008, 03:00 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Actually they can decide to change the charges, contingent upon if that body is Caylee.
Exactly. IF they can prove that there was chloroform used on the child (in hair samples) or if she had any broken bones PRIOR to death and a number of other options....Ms Anthony may very well face death row.

She didn't look mentally ill or stressed when she was partying AFTER the fact, so I'm not sure any defense in that arena will fly. Being a pathological liar does not excuse a murder.

As for the post about why this particular story got so much notoriety, I would think it is because she is such an attractive young woman and with the obvious family support she had while trying to raise this child....the whole thing makes no sense.

I don't know about other areas, but this story has been the talk of Orlando since the very beginning. I even work for a news source and it is talked about plenty in the office among the employees. It is such an odd set of circumstances.

Old 12-13-2008, 03:00 PM

[quote=pirate girl;6542818] I don't know if this hit national news

Very national. Nancy Grace's headline news has also been covering it daily. I so hope the trial makes Tru TV.

Old 12-13-2008, 03:08 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,835,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
She didn't look mentally ill or stressed when she was partying AFTER the fact, so I'm not sure any defense in that arena will fly. Being a pathological liar does not excuse a murder.
Agreed! I really hope insanity doesn't fly. This woman isn't crazy- she's diabolical.

Old 12-13-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Exactly. IF they can prove that there was chloroform used on the child (in hair samples) or if she had any broken bones PRIOR to death and a number of other options....Ms Anthony may very well face death row.

As for the post about why this particular story got so much notoriety, I would think it is because she is such an attractive young woman and with the obvious family support she had while trying to raise this child....the whole thing makes no sense.

I don't know about other areas, but this story has been the talk of Orlando since the very beginning. I even work for a news source and it is talked about plenty in the office among the employees. It is such an odd set of circumstances.
Yes, for instance Lacy Petersons case got huge media attention...when there were other missing persons cases going on in the Bay area at the same time. Another womans body was even found in the Bay during that time period and got little to no attention.

Old 12-13-2008, 03:21 PM

Blaaa one of my posts didn't post, but you would have to admit committing a crime to be able to plead insanity.

Also a personality disorder (antisocial, sociopath) does not mean you are insane. It has been tossed around she is bipolor, but that won't usually allow you to plead insanity either. Bipolor is a mental illness but I think they would have to say she went into a psychotic episode at the time of crime for that to fly and how was doing searches on missing children, cloroform months before the crime a psychotic episode?

Old 12-13-2008, 04:32 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Here is a copy of an entry of Cindy Anthony in her MySpace which was later removed:
http://tinyurl.com/5fvsu2 (broken link)

I think it explains a whole lot about the grief this young woman has given her parents for years. I am the mom of a 19 year old single daughter with a baby and I can totally understand where Cindy Anthony is coming from. You get all attached to these babies and have no control whatsoever about what goes on in their lives once they leave the safety of your home..........and you spend a whole lot of nights worrying. For Cindy, her greatest fear came upon her.

Old 12-13-2008, 04:48 PM

[quote=GloryB;6548193]Here is a copy of an entry of Cindy Anthony in her MySpace which was later removed:
http://tinyurl.com/5fvsu2 (broken link)

Wow that goes hand in hand with what I believe the motive to be. I hope they can use that in court. See, I don't understand how Cindy wouldn't be fighting for Caylee all the way...it seems like she abondanded her to defend her daughter who she knows in her heart is guilty!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I should say I would have to turn against my daughter in favor of doing the right thing. I also have young adult daugthers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime