Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 09:39 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,378,760 times

Advertisements

Here we go AGAIN. Will this nonsense ever end? 5 NYPD police officers are accused of chasing a civilian down to a trainstation, holding him down, pulling his pants down, and sodomizing him with a walky-talk in the middle of the afternoon . Witnesses reported seeing the civilians pants down, hearing him scream "why are you sticking that walky-talk up my a$$", and the medical report indicates trauma to the anus. He was released from the hospital 4 days later. Some quotes from the article "This is a bad one," a law enforcement source said. "It looks like one of the cops inserted his radio antenna in the victim's rectum." AND "Hospital officials said Mineo was admitted Oct. 15 and discharged four days later. Amolsch said Mineo was looking for medical care last night, complaining that he had been urinating blood and suffering lingering pain since the incident. A source familiar with the investigation said a two-page medical discharge summary listed the principal diagnosis as "anal assault." The document says Mineo complained he was "assaulted" by a "foreign object rectally." Brooklyn man accuses 5 cops of sodomy attack in subway; district attorney launches investigation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 09:55 AM

3,225 posts, read 8,574,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Here we go AGAIN. Will this nonsense ever end? 5 NYPD police officers are accused of chasing a civilian down to a trainstation, holding him down, pulling his pants down, and sodomizing him with a walky-talk in the middle of the afternoon . Witnesses reported seeing the civilians pants down, hearing him scream "why are you sticking that walky-talk up my a$$", and the medical report indicates trauma to the anus. He was released from the hospital 4 days later. Some quotes from the article "This is a bad one," a law enforcement source said. "It looks like one of the cops inserted his radio antenna in the victim's rectum." AND "Hospital officials said Mineo was admitted Oct. 15 and discharged four days later. Amolsch said Mineo was looking for medical care last night, complaining that he had been urinating blood and suffering lingering pain since the incident. A source familiar with the investigation said a two-page medical discharge summary listed the principal diagnosis as "anal assault." The document says Mineo complained he was "assaulted" by a "foreign object rectally." Brooklyn man accuses 5 cops of sodomy attack in subway; district attorney launches investigation
If true, it raises several issues including the quality of cops being hired, the level of training received and instructions on the proper use and limitations of assorted equipment provided these fellas.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:17 AM

It doesn't raise any issues that haven't been repeatedly raised for the past 40 years. This is nothing new, has nothing to do with the wrong argument of "low pay" (as this has been happening for decades), and has everything to do with the continued dysfunctional culture of the police force from the top down.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:27 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,050,733 times
I didnt read the article, but I dont have too. The cops are full of it. I hate them. After what they did to me Friday, I lost all respect for them. Throwing my hat to the ground and making ME pick it up, pulling my arm back, saying they were going to "beat me an my friend up", then making light of the situation by saying "uhh, what's the matter? Afraid of the police?" When I answered "no", they said, "so why is your heart beating so fast? Like ???!

I agree that the level of the NYPD has falling greatly these past few years. I think something should be done, because the cops are nothing but power abusing bullies. They can say and do whatever they want to you, and you cant do nothing about it.

BTW these were DT's from the 34th precinct, but they were in 52nd territory.

Last edited by DoubleXAs; 10-24-2008 at 12:56 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language - language -super

Old 10-24-2008, 12:44 PM

SuperMario...I don't doubt that this occured....but why exactly did they "target" you at all? For the record I do not HATE cops, I HATE the way the department is ALLOWED to run, and the lack of true leadership and accountability. I think cops overall have a horrendous job, they have little respect within the force, and even less in the community, they deal with the worst of our society on a daily basis, put their lives on the line with little thanks, have few resources and are surrounded by all that is wrong and perverse in our society (inside and outside their dept). Considering all of these things, I think they do a reasonably good job. Are their abuses. Yup. Do they need to make serious changes starting at the TOP, yup. Does the entire culture inside the dept need to change? Desperately. There are unfortunately too many bad apples because the dysfunction/culture within the force encourages directly and indirectly this sort of behavior. Until the top brass change and really implement true cultural improvements across the board, with honest open leadership to support the dept, we will be talking about the same stuff 5 , 10, 20, 50 years from now..and on and on.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:47 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,574,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
I. Throwing my hat to the ground and making ME pick it up, pulling my arm back, saying they were going to "**** me an my friend up", then making light of the situation by saying "uhh, what's the matter? Afraid of the police?" When I answered "no", they said, "so why is your heart beating so fast? territory.
what was the alleged violation that you and your friend committed?

Old 10-24-2008, 12:54 PM

Nah, me and my friend were going to cop a bottle. We're both under 21, (close enough he's 20, im 19) so we have to ask someone over 21 to buy us liquor. So we went to Dyckman in Inwood, which is one of the heaviest drug spots in all of Uptown and stood on the block for at least 30 min waiting for someone to pass by so we could ask. Well we find somebody and he buys us it and we immediately take a taxi, as not to be seen walking around with a liquor bottle. Everything is all fine, until we cross the University Heights bridge onto Fordham rd and the car behind us turns on the sirens. They were undercover cops. They questioned where we were, and I just said Manhattan. But finally I told them we were on Dyckman, and they wanted to know Dyckman and what? But I couldn't tell them, I didn't know. They took the bottle but once they checked us and found NOTHING (), told us that they dont give a damn about the liquor, there are more important things to worry about. So at least we had our liquor.

They were probably watching us on the low, and since Inwood right over the bridge, and especially Dyckman, are HEAVY drug spots, they assumed we were dealing because we were just standing there doing nothing.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
what was the alleged violation that you and your friend committed?
Street level drug dealing.

The only thing I did wrong was buying liquor. But they didn't really care.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:03 PM

348 posts, read 1,248,653 times
Aha!!! IF you are serious - perhaps that explains why you want to keep a "whitey" and a middle class community from entering the "hood" and why you keep portraying the Bronx in a horrifying light. Cause we all know more money coming in means more cops and more of the type of people who will fight to get rid of the type of crime that keeps the borough from truly flourishing.

But then again, you are probably just trying to rile everyone up...

Old 10-24-2008, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCwoman View Post
Aha!!! IF you are serious - perhaps that explains why you want to keep a "whitey" and a middle class community from entering the "hood" and why you keep portraying the Bronx in a horrifying light. Cause we all know more money coming in means more cops and more of the type of people who will fight to get rid of the type of crime that keeps the borough from truly flourishing.

But then again, you are probably just trying to rile everyone up...
lol wow.

With or without my help the police force is decreasing because of the financial crisis. I actually feel that alot of these white cops are inner racists, and the only way they can act out on their hatred of blacks and hispanics is to be police officers. I have never heard of a white person, who commited a crime, complain of cop abuse. The two hispanic cops, were less rough with us. Hmmm.

And btw, if you live anywhere thats consider a hood, and you are out on a weekend, you get accosted. So im used to it, but they were really bad last weekend.

But I know im clean, so they can check me all they want. Just dont treat me like garbage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime