Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 08:02 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,359,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
I didnt read the article, but I dont have too. The cops are full of it. I hate them. After what they did to me Friday, I lost all respect for them. Throwing my hat to the ground and making ME pick it up, pulling my arm back, saying they were going to "beat me an my friend up", then making light of the situation by saying "uhh, what's the matter? Afraid of the police?" When I answered "no", they said, "so why is your heart beating so fast? Like ???!

I agree that the level of the NYPD has falling greatly these past few years. I think something should be done, because the cops are nothing but power abusing bullies. They can say and do whatever they want to you, and you cant do nothing about it.

BTW these were DT's from the 34th precinct, but they were in 52nd territory.
I hope you filed a damn police report! people can not keep letting this crap go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 03:22 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,370,266 times
Hey just an update...there is also DNA evidence to back up this guy's story, plus the Transit Cop is also testifying. These guys are going down...this is so sad on a number of levels...the lack of leadership and accountability in the department is staggering. DNA BOOSTED 'SODOMY COP' INDICTMENTS - New York Post 2 COPS ASKED TO SURRENDER IN SODOMY CASE - New York Post (http://www.nypost.com/seven/12082008/news/regionalnews/2_cops_asked_to_surrender_in_sodomy_case_143241.ht m - broken link)

Old 12-08-2008, 03:38 PM

106,579 posts, read 108,713,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Here we go AGAIN. Will this nonsense ever end? 5 NYPD police officers are accused of chasing a civilian down to a trainstation, holding him down, pulling his pants down, and sodomizing him with a walky-talk in the middle of the afternoon . Witnesses reported seeing the civilians pants down, hearing him scream "why are you sticking that walky-talk up my a$$", and the medical report indicates trauma to the anus. He was released from the hospital 4 days later. Some quotes from the article "This is a bad one," a law enforcement source said. "It looks like one of the cops inserted his radio antenna in the victim's rectum." AND "Hospital officials said Mineo was admitted Oct. 15 and discharged four days later. Amolsch said Mineo was looking for medical care last night, complaining that he had been urinating blood and suffering lingering pain since the incident. A source familiar with the investigation said a two-page medical discharge summary listed the principal diagnosis as "anal assault." The document says Mineo complained he was "assaulted" by a "foreign object rectally." Brooklyn man accuses 5 cops of sodomy attack in subway; district attorney launches investigation

they swear they didnt transmit though!

Old 12-10-2008, 02:00 PM

Just when you think this story cannot get any worse...what are the cops doing? "Mineo, who stared down the three accused cops at their arraignment, got into a standoff with plainclothes cops, who called him a "f----t," right in the courtroom in front of everyone!!! This is what we are dealing with in the Police Force...and there were NO repercussions for their actions..not a peep from anyone. NY's finest indeed....way to go! Police taunt subway accuser, who blows kisses at them

Old 12-10-2008, 03:57 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times
This seems like a pretty open and shut case to me. They have the victim's DNA on the baton, and witnesses. But I don't want to count chickens before they hatch.

This whole thing is just so embarrassing for our city and the police department, and just the human species overall.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:04 PM

Pretty much..the icing on the cake is the plainclothes cops in the courtroom calling the victim a "fa--ot". Wow....he is sodomized BY COPS..and a bunch of cops actually have the nerve to show up at the arraignment and call the victim a fa--ot....this is what we are dealing with in the dept. The cops are now terrorizing the victim IN COURT IN FRONT OF EVERYONE...and they are not reprimanded...they do what they want with no repurcussions. As I stated repeatedly...until change is made from the TOP down...and cops have REAL leadership and accountability instead of selfish, power hungry Union Bosses...we will continue to have these outrageous and violent acts by cops again and again, year after year. Don't believe the hype about low salaries either..this has been going on for DECADES..and will continue to go on for DECADES until real change comes to the dept.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:04 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,873,403 times
The whole thing is sickening... back when the Volpe/Louima incident occurred I would have bet the farm that nothing that outrageous could have occurred. Well, I was soooo wrong and thought nothing like that could happen again. Wrong again? We'll see but from what I have read in the paper it is not looking good.

The silver lining is the cop who had the balls to come forward with his version of the truth. I hope he earns the respect of his fellow officers rather than the unbelievable taunts.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:08 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
could have been checking for dope. bad choice of tools.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:36 AM

3,225 posts, read 8,570,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
they swear they didnt transmit though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
could have been checking for dope. bad choice of tools.
cops are neither meant to be, nor are they trained as, proctologists.

Old 12-11-2008, 11:49 AM

473 posts, read 1,670,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baylovers View Post
The silver lining is the cop who had the balls to come forward with his version of the truth. I hope he earns the respect of his fellow officers rather than the unbelievable taunts.
1. There's only one truth hence the non-existence of other "versions"....
2. So the "silver lining cop" is essentially facing "stop snitching" taunts. I thought that was a gang banging/thug script
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime