Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 02:25 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,370,266 times

Advertisements

Agreed NYer..who from the Bronx has to go all the way to Inwood to buy a bottle of Rum. Seriously...I thought you hung out at with the homies until 4am...aren't any of them over 21? Have you alienated everyone in your neighborhood that is over 21? Who the heck gets carded for anything in University Heights!!!! Alot of bodegas, liquor stores, shops are just fronts for drugs...come on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 02:28 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
lots of felons on CDF like to post this stuff.
dont they. you would think we are living in disneyland and
the cops are all devils. when do you hear what bad guys do to cops.
never.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:32 PM

Actually we hear about what bad guys do to cops all the time...whenever a cop is shot or sodomized it is in the paper guaranteed and the UNION bosses are 1st in line to give quotes and keep it on the front pages. When the BAD cops do things to people, the cops shut down, they make little to no comments, conduct their "investigation", makeup stories to cover for them, and hope the story goes away as quickly as possible. It is community members that care and expect cops to do their job and protect them from criminals, not to be the criminals, that are the ones "posting" this stuff.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:35 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,042,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Agreed NYer..who from the Bronx has to go all the way to Inwood to buy a bottle of Rum. Seriously...I thought you hung out at with the homies until 4am...aren't any of them over 21? Have you alienated everyone in your neighborhood that is over 21? Who the heck gets carded for anything in University Heights!!!! Alot of bodegas, liquor stores, shops are just fronts for drugs...come on!
Yeah NooYowkur, I do look young. My friend looks even younger.

And yeah the guy passed me the bottle, and I had it hidden in the bag, so the transaction looked suspicious. It looked even worse when I immediately called a cab and had the bag tucked in.

And Guy, yea I usually go to 183rd and Davidson. I never get caught there. I find bums there and they always get it for me. But I went to Dyckman, because my other friend works across the street and his boss buys him liquor. My friend also knows everyone there. But we found out he had already left, so we just stood hanging out. And eventually we bought.

BTW, I was caught just over the bridge. There's nothing there but traffic and highways. One reason I think they let me go was because they were in another precinct. So it takes more work for them to make an arrest. And come on, is me buying liquor hurting anyone? It's not like I had it opened and was a drunk maniac on the streets. So, no to me it's not a crime. If I can go to war at 18, then I could drink at 19.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:37 PM

Next time do a little planning, use your brain, and stay local. You will be much happier.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:39 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,570,229 times
Quote:
there are lots of holes in the story, but after mario sobers up from all that illegally purchased and ill advisedly consumed liter of bacardi he may clarify it for us.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:40 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,042,151 times
Quote:
Next time do a little planning, use your brain, and stay local. You will be much happier.
lol will do.

Doesn't change the fact that the NYPD is full of thugs. Worse than the ones they arrest.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:41 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Yeah NooYowkur, I do look young. My friend looks even younger.

And yeah the guy passed me the bottle, and I had it hidden in the bag, so the transaction looked suspicious. It looked even worse when I immediately called a cab and had the bag tucked in.

And Guy, yea I usually go to 183rd and Davidson. I never get caught there. I find bums there and they always get it for me. But I went to Dyckman, because my other friend works across the street and his boss buys him liquor. My friend also knows everyone there. But we found out he had already left, so we just stood hanging out. And eventually we bought.

BTW, I was caught just over the bridge. There's nothing there but traffic and highways. One reason I think they let me go was because they were in another precinct. So it takes more work for them to make an arrest. And come on, is me buying liquor hurting anyone? It's not like I had it opened and was a drunk maniac on the streets. So, no to me it's not a crime. If I can go to war at 18, then I could drink at 19.
They were harrasing you because they thought you were involved in drugs, ILLEGAL DRUGS, not the tolerated ones.

Nobody likes to be harassed, but you gotta admit you did give them reason to be suspicious.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:47 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,570,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
. And come on, is me buying liquor hurting anyone? It's not like I had it opened and was a drunk maniac on the streets. So, no to me it's not a crime. If I can go to war at 18, then I could drink at 19.
well, do you imbibe then drive a vehicle after use? do you operate any machinery? and at your tender age can you differentiate fantasy from reality?are you a good drunk or a bad drunk? the latter being someone who appears normal but then goes home and beats up on his parents or girl. sure you can go to war or any place - sober.

there are too many variables. society does not allow one to write one's own laws. i can't sit in a park and lawfully determine whether i can smoke a joint or sniff some crack because i won't harm anyone. laws are made by legislators representing all of society and are not subject to the whims and fancies of individual constituents.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:17 PM

588 posts, read 947,150 times
It's possible but lets see all the facts first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime